one of my most embarassing non-athletic moments

Basketball playing nuns!

I went to Catholic school from kindergarten through high school and from first grade through seventh, nuns taught us PE and the only thing they taught was basketball and boy did they knew how to play. Never seemed amazing to me at the time, I thought being a good basketball player was part of being a nun LOL.... but in retrospect...
They would hoist up their skirt with one hand and dribble and shoot with the other. I was a pretty decent ball player throughout highschool and I owed it all to the MACs (Immaculate Heart of Mary order). Alot of them had guy names too...very strange...I remember Sr. St. Robert, Sister Norman...:7

Thanks Donna. I knew you were a real sweetie at heart!

Who is/was Al Bundy? I'm a Brit, the cultural reference escapes me!!

Clare

I am a sweetie, but I have an ascerbic mouth sometimes.:) It has gotten me into trouble more times than I care to remember.

Al Bundy was this character from a 1980's sitcom called "Married With Children". It was about this rather "white-trash" kind of family. Daughter (played by Christina Applegate) was a slut, mother was a "broad", son was kind of gross...and Al, the dad, was a schlub. He was also a manager of a shoe store. Needless to say, it made me feel like a real loser to #1) be selling shoes after just obtaining a college degree and #2) be associated with Al.

Now I look back on it and see that quite a few people start off at jobs like that, but man! At the time...you think you've got this degree from a great school and you'll immediately land a $40,000 a year job. Some do, I guess. And I hate them. (kidding)

I just recalled a more recent embarassing moment. The building my office is in used to be across from the campus tennis courts (which have since been removed to make more parking spaces). One day, I went out to the parking lot, and just as I was reaching my car, a ball from the tennis courts came over the fence and landed near me. Wanting to be of help, I took the ball and threw it, underhanded, over the fence. At least that was my intention! But I throw pretty much like an untrained girl, and instead of going over and up, the ball went up...up...down..down...and landed pretty much at my feet! I was going to try again, but someone (a student!) from the court yelled "don't worry, we'll get it!"

Mortification!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.