Old Sports Specific Shoes....

H

honeybunch

...and what to do with them!!! I have lots of shoes that are not worn out, but are too "used" to wear for workouts. For example, walking and running shoes that have too many miles on them, and a pair of crosstraining shoes that I just replaced (Lucy.com is going out of business).

We're talking three pairs of shoes that I hate to throw out, but don't know when to wear them, if I still should. Is it a dumb question to ask if I can wear the walking shoes for everyday schlepping (sorry, had to come up with a phonetic spelling!)? That is if I can still fit in them, because the last 2 pairs of shoes that I bought were a size 10.

What am I bid for 2 pairs of Reebok DMX walking shoes, and one pair of Reebok crosstrainers in a size 9-1/2? Just kidding of course, but I even hesitate to give them to Goodwill! What should I do? Does any non-profit organization refurbish athletic shoes?

I'd rather ditch 'em than move 'em if I can't use 'em, 'cause I'm going to a new house in about 5 weeks. Help all you smart chicks out there!!!

hey, HB. I just use old but good shoes for gardening or :-cool duds to wear while mucking stalls...a specialized hobby, I'm sure!

I have the same issue. My crosstrainers which I use for my tapes never leave the house since I don't want to workout in my living room with dirty shoes. When they are worn out from working out they still look brandnew. I just wear them as everyday doing errand/playing with the kids shoes. I bet you could give them to goodwill, worth a phone call. they refurbish clothes and I would imagine shoes would be helpful. Worth looking into.

Hi.
A lurker since July surfacing here! You may want to contact your local food bank. Our accepts used clothing and shoes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.