OK help me out here

LauraMax

Cathlete
For physical reasons that are kind of gross I haven't been able to exercise since Monday. I probably won't be able to until next Monday at the earliest. I still haven't dropped the 5 lbs I gained on vacation a month ago b/c my diet's been crap & I haven't been able to exercise either b/c I'm working late, working early, or am having some stupid, painful physical issues.

So just reassure me that if I jump right back in with both feet next week I won't lose any strength, & will lose the vacation 5. I know we talked about this last week but I'm feeling really crappy physically right now & could really use the support everyone here always gives.

Laura, I know the fear, I had to take 2 months off for knee surgery a few years back and it only took my a month or so to get back in the shape that I was in before the surgery. Your muscles have memory and I know that you've lost the weight before, so I have complete confidence that you will do it again.
Exercise it a true addiction, isn't it? Without it you'll sit there and fret about what you're losing as far as muscle and endurance. But I'm living proof that you can come back and faster than you would ever emagine. You might be sore the first week or so, but just keep on chuggin'. You'll get right back to where you were.

Kathy

{{{{{{{LAURA}}}}}} and reassurance that you will snap back quickly. You may even come back stronger and ahead of the game from the exercise break. Sometimes our bodies say "ok you won't willingly rest me, so take this..." and we are forced to back off the w/o routine a bit.

I look forward to hearing about your two-footed leap next week.:)

Don’t worry Laura! During the last three weeks of my pregnancy I had to stop completely with ALL exercising. I then had another c-section! So, in total I took about four months off lifting weights. It only took a matter of a couple months before I was at or better than what I was lifting before. I'm someone who tracks each exercise and weight used for every set, so that's how I know for sure. Plus, you're already a real fit person; so loosing those "vacation" pounds should be nothing but a "thang".;)hahaha

ETA: I'm also sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope this issue goes away soon.

Don't worry. You will lose the 5 pounds quickly and feel energized. I had to take off three months recently for abdominal surgery. It took a while to get back, but only because I had to start out all over again in regard to lifting anything heavy. Good luck and have fun with your comeback!. Melissa

Laura so sorry that your going through this but I really think you will jump right back into and not lose what you've gain. Maybe when you do get back into it try and focus more on cardio then strength to lose the last 5lbs, just a thought.

So did you sell your house? I know this on top of other issue is a lot of stress. Hang in there because I think you will be OK.

Kknowing from your posts how dedicated you are to fitness...you will be back to your old self in no time. Hang in there.
Angela

Nah, you'll be fine! I had to take off FOUR miserable weeks early in the summer. I think my first weight workout was Muscle Max - I started really slow and easy. I thought it would take me forever to build back up to where I was. By the next week I had exceeded where I was when I hurt my neck/got sick. I'm sure you won't lose any strength after a week.

As for diet, I go through spurts where I eat like crap, and then suddenly one day I've had enough. You'll flip that switch, and when you do, the weight will come off. Hang in there!:)

Laura...I have NO DOUBT you will be back and stronger than ever!!

Sorry you are feeling down right now. It happens to all of us at one time or another and we all fret over the same thing.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} :) :)

Ah thank you guys, I do feel better. Truthfully I just feel crappy physically. Mentally I feel pretty good--I've been doing a bit of house renovating & it is so much fun! It really gives a boost.

So Barbara, that answers your question--I have not sold my house. I'm taking it off the market when the contract is up next month & finishing the renovations over the winter. Might give it another shot next spring.......:)

Laura, I hope you are feeling better.

I know what you mean; I have been struggling with vertigo on and off for the last 6 weeks and it has really put a damper on my workouts. But you'll be fine and I'm sure the extra 5 is a figment of your imagination! :)

Marie

It's not a figment! My boss told me this morning I looked "softer." I think he meant it as a compliment--I guess he doesn't realize how insulting that word is to people like us. x(

Laurl Max,

Hang in there girl, things will change, nothing is ever the same. You can get back on track.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.