OK, Anyone Else Excited for the new Star Trek Flick?

sparrow13

Cathlete
I know I am not the only pointy-headed geek on these boards, ladies. Fess up! :p

Live long and prosper!

Sparrow

*former high school science club geek raises hand*

Yes, I'm excited! The trailers look great. I'm a big "Lost" fan, so I'm curious to see how J.J Abrams put this together.

I am already organizing a mass outing to go see it in iMax next weekend. I really hope it's good -the last few ST movies were a little..."meh".

Lisa

Oooh yes definitely. I'm hoping that my cold will have cleared by the time it comes out here so I can see it on the day it comes out. Star Wars will always be my first SciFi cinema love but Star Trek comes a close second :)

Yes, I confess, I love Star Trek- my dad gave me the bug years ago. I never watched the show on TV beyond The Next Generation but am excited about this one going back to the old days.

I'll probably wait until it comes to DVD, but I'm anxious to see it (the guy playing Kirk looks like less of a tool than Shatner's version of Kirk, whom a friend of mine once refered to as a walking penis). I'm definitely a Spock fan.

So totally a trek head

Totally a trek head hidden behind a suit here. I totally love the villians and the heroes. Man, give me the Borg Queen against a Khan any day. :D

DH says he'll go to see it. It may make up for the time he asked me see Hanibal. :confused:

I expect I'll see it, I loved the original Trek series and saw some of the Next Gen. Problem is, I hate that Quinto guy, how can he be Spock? Simon Pegg as Scotty should be fun and I'm looking forward to seeing Chris Pine with his shirt off!

Will it be as good as Galaxy Quest do you think?!?!?!?!?

My sisters are die hard trekkie fans and I'd love to go see it with them but alas! they are in London and I am here in MI. I'll have to watch it on my own and make up my own trekkiness to really create the right viewing atmosphere!

Clare

Proud to count myself as a Trekkie since childhood!!!

I've only missed one opening night for every Star Trek movie ever!

Glad to see so many of us have invaded, I mean, are around!

See you guys at the opening! (sort of)

I'll probably wait until it comes to DVD, but I'm anxious to see it (the guy playing Kirk looks like less of a tool than Shatner's version of Kirk, whom a friend of mine once refered to as a walking penis). I'm definitely a Spock fan.
I almost lost my coffee when I read your post :D Spock, Bones and Scotty were always my favourite of the original crew. Now that it's almost here, I can't wait to see the new film - I just hope this dratted cold of mine is gone by Thursday so I can see it on the day it comes out :)

I just found out yesterday that Eric Bana is in it (playing a villain)- I am so there when this opens. Eric Bana is sooo hot. :p

I'm all over this! I had the biggest crush on Captain Kirk as a kid...:eek:, but sorry, I never got into the updated series (next gen, babylon 5, blah blah).

Did anyone see the recent CSI that had a plot based on the original Star Trek series? Hodges had daydreams of being Kirk w/ Wendy dressed as various alien nymphs in a revealing foil outfits... It was HYSTERICAL!! :eek:

ETA: Hodges got to say all the great lines from the original series including "He's dead, Jim."

Last edited:
WOO HOO!!!

Oh, yes, DH and I will be there this weekend... And it's our anniversary! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: We're both big fans. I guess resistance is futile..... :p;):)

12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Love J.J. Abrams too. We're really interested in seeing his take on things. :)

Did anyone see the recent CSI that had a plot based on the original Star Trek series? Hodges had daydreams of being Kirk w/ Wendy dressed as various alien nymphs in a revealing foil outfits... It was HYSTERICAL!! :eek:

How the heck did I miss this episode???!!! I wonder if it's available to watch online...must look!

I'm all over this! I had the biggest crush on Captain Kirk as a kid...:eek:, but sorry, I never got into the updated series (next gen, babylon 5, blah blah).

ETA: Hodges got to say all the great lines from the original series including "He's dead, Jim."
I saw that episode of CSI!! LOVED it!!! :D

I can't wait to see it!! I love Star Trek and I'm old enough that I watched the original series when it first aired. :eek: The Wrath of Kahn remains my favorite of all the Start Trek movies, but I've enjoyed them all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.