Ohhhh, how I miss Cathe.....

gonnabea5

Cathlete
I've been training for a 1/2 marathon which doesn't allow many Cathe workouts. The race in 9/21 and I'm just done with running.

Today, I should have done 12 miles, but I just couldn't. I did After Burn instead. OMG! I was so happy to be huffing and puffing with Cathe and the crew. I havent decided if I will finish my running training schedule or ditch it to work out with Cathe. Either way, I will take a few days rest before the race and be happy with whatever happens.

This is my 1st half, so my only goal is to finish. I just cannot do another run. I'm burnt out and I'm over it.

Thanks for reading/listening to me vent.

Vent away! I feel the same way about my Cathe workouts. Cathe is my main diet--running is a side-dish I throw in if I feel like it. Whenever I've tried to really concentrate on my running, I haven't enjoyed it. Since I can't really justify the entrance costs of races right now, I'm not worried about it. I'm a very fair-weather runner. If it's a nice temperature outside, and I feel like getting out, I do so. Otherwise, it's me--in my basement--with a fan--enjoying my Cathe!

gonnabea5 - I could have written that post.

After knocking out months of high mileage and suffering the TM & heat I feel like I'm just crumbling. I don't know if I'm gonna make it.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Oh the TM = treadmill. I call it the DM = dreadmill. I can only tell you, I'm hanging in there till after this half. After that I will only run when DH wants me to join him on the trails. I'm so over it even tho I feel beatup right now from Afterburn, I feel like Im on top of the world.

I can tell you this, I won't sign up way in advance next time. ;)

I'm so looking forward to new Cathe's and my old ones.

what I really need is some new Cathe clips!

Not training for anything, was just REALLY busy the last 2 weeks and didn't have time to exercise at all. Those 2 weeks felt like an eternity. I managed to get some Cathe time in this week by doing Yoga Max. It was a win/win...got to de-stress and have my Cathe time all in one!

I felt horrible from not exercising. I don't know how people who don't, and can exercise, function. (I don't mean that to be insulting, so hopefully everyone who reads that understands.)

Lisa

Guru, when's your race? Have you thought of subbing a Cathe leg workout for a shorter run? I only did this once, but it felt so good and I still worked legs.

Signing up in advance made me stay the course of training, but I'm singing halleluyah now that is almost over.

Lisa:

"I felt horrible from not exercising. I don't know how people who don't, and can exercise, function. (I don't mean that to be insulting, so hopefully everyone who reads that understands.)"

I get it, I know exactly what you mean. Life gets in the way al the time and 2 weeks go by and then, suddenly you get the chance for a workout and ... oh the bliss! It's such a ghigh, right? To finally get to move with great music and flying over that step, or punching those weights into the air. Yup. Adore that feeling!

I am miserable when I don't work out, it's my only antidepressant! Seriously, I need my 3, 4 workouts per week to stay sane. I couldn't live without that feeling and unlike all of you, I best get that feeling when I am running! Nothing else makes me experience that incredible elation and sense of freedom and joy of being in the world and able to MOVE. I get on my treadmill or take it outside and within the first mile I am grinning like an idiot.

But, I get it, it's not for everybody and that's OK. To run your 12k and finish, that is the goal and it will be an incredible accomplishment for our original poster here.

Have a great race and then, enjoy those Cathes!

Clare

I felt horrible from not exercising. I don't know how people who don't, and can exercise, function. (I don't mean that to be insulting, so hopefully everyone who reads that understands.)

Lisa

Lisa, I know what you mean! I quit for exercising for 2 months in order to get some projects done. I feel tired mental, physically and digestively! Now I'm trying to get into it again. It's hard to, but the days I exercise are much better than the days I don't. And Cathe is such great motivator.

Guru, when's your race? Have you thought of subbing a Cathe leg workout for a shorter run? I only did this once, but it felt so good and I still worked legs.

Signing up in advance made me stay the course of training, but I'm singing halleluyah now that is almost over.

yeah, I did sub some for workouts, after I over-cooked a couple runs in the heat. I should be okay. Funny though, just this week I found myself saying more than once "all of my legs are tired".

I think 12 - 16 weeks would suffice. Lesson learned.

Good luck with your half!! I know exactly where you're coming from. Training for my first half was the hardest thing ever. If you're up to 12, you are good to go!!! You should be on a taper at this point anyway.

Relax and have fun!!!

Nan

Good luck with your race! I totally understand, I've done 4 half marathons and one full marathon ,I'm always so happy to return to my Cathe workouts!

I'm the total opposite. I have had to avoid being outside for 6 weeks now due to the local fires (Rim Fire and now the Clover Fire among others.) and I really miss running. However, that said, I wouldn't give up Cathe totally. Never happen!! Not for any reason (except broken limbs. . .) I like to come up with my own rotations to incorporate both. I have an old edition of Runner's world with 3 day/week running schedules and instead of using their cross training, I use Cathe. I also do yoga on my run days as a cool down, usually less than 20 min. to prevent injury. I have tried lots of trainers and none of them are as intense as Cathe. I like to say that her beginner's workout starts where other's 'advanced' workouts leave off. The only other trainers that I like is Jillian (not for everyone), Shiva Rea (yoga), and Sarah Kline (on yogatoday.com).

I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't enjoy running: I just don't like HAVING to run. I love the fun-factor of Cathe workouts with the freedom to sub with a run whenever I get the whim. It's the best of both worlds, for me. But preparing for and completing a race is pretty awesome, too!

I get worn done by warm weather running, and a lot of treadmill running can do that. It's great though when you get your groove though, hope that matches up.

gonnabea5 - be sure to get some good sleep this week and don't forget to hydrate, you'll do great!

Thanks for the info, Everyone. I'm looking forward to doing it and then being done with it. I will post my results Saturday afternoon.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't enjoy running: I just don't like HAVING to run. I love the fun-factor of Cathe workouts with the freedom to sub with a run whenever I get the whim. It's the best of both worlds, for me. But preparing for and completing a race is pretty awesome, too!

I am such a hypocrite!!!!! After saying all of this, I signed up for the Zombie October 100 mile challenge. So, I am eating my words--darn my Facebook friend and neighbor who let me know about this.:eek: Evidently, challenge wins out for me. It sounds fun now, because the weather is finally just perfect for running, but I'm going to be sorry in October when the weather turns sour. The shirt is cool, though. :p

https://www.facebook.com/events/1414692968743331/

Thanks for the info, Everyone. I'm looking forward to doing it and then being done with it. I will post my results Saturday afternoon.

Good Luck!!!!! I am very excited for you and hope you have an amazing experience. I'll look forward to your next post.

Thanks, Elsie. Good luck with your training. OMG 100 miles of anything sounds so hard! But, I hope you train well and have fun!

Vent away! I feel the same way about my Cathe workouts. Cathe is my main diet--running is a side-dish I throw in if I feel like it. Whenever I've tried to really concentrate on my running, I haven't enjoyed it. Since I can't really justify the entrance costs of races right now, I'm not worried about it. I'm a very fair-weather runner. If it's a nice temperature outside, and I feel like getting out, I do so. Otherwise, it's me--in my basement--with a fan--enjoying my Cathe!

I do the same! That being said, I haven't run for weeks! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.