O/T--Oh the irony...........

SheRa329

Cathlete
So, I decided a few months ago to finally stop going to the tanning bed b/c I don't want to do any more damage to my skin. I tried a lot of different self-tanners and most of them made my skin break out!! It was horrible and miserable. I then decided just to live with my paleness, but when I got so pale that my makeup didn't match my skin I finally gave into my vanity.
So Wednesday I went to tan for the first time since October. The woman asked me how long to set the timer for and I said "just go ahead and put in on 20 and I'll get out when I feel that I've had enough". So I got out and there was only 35 seconds left! I am so burnt, miserable, and embarrassed b/c it was a STUPID thing to do. I told dh that it was ironic b/c I was trying to save my skin and now I've probably done three months worth of damage to it!!!! Just wanted to share for some odd reason! Have a great Friday:D

Yikes! Gotta be careful w/that stuff. I've been a regular tanner for more than 20 years--unfortunately it's been mandated by my dermatologist--how ironic is that? And if I didn't have to I would never ever expose my skin to UV light in any way.

Did you maybe try the spray tanning? I get it on my face & it's very natural looking.

OMG Ashley 20 min!! I would have been a tomato after 10 min!! I haven't gone since June. I don't know what i'm going to do this year. I too have tried a lot of the self tanners, but break out as well. I know the beds are bad, but they help me with my mild acne. I may go for only a month or two in the summer. Maybe only once or twice a week.

Maximus-Have you gotten the spray tanning done on your body too??

Aila:)

I haven't had it done on my body, although I've always wondered exactly how it worked--like, do you have to be nekkid? If so guess you'd better look for a woman sprayer LOL. And how long would it take? My face only takes about 30 seconds.

But I do love the look on the face anyway. And it's never made me break out. It doesn't really penetrate your skin, it's more like painting on a tan.

If you decide to try it let me know how it goes.

I haven't had a tan in 15 years! It takes me forever to tan in the sun and I'm more concerned about wrinkles than I am about being pale. I really couldn't care less about having a tan. I used to use the tanning bed in my early 20's, though, and did like the way it looked. Now I don't go a day without SPF at least on my face.

I have to see who does it in my neighborhood. I think the Hollywood's do it, but they are overpriced. I will let you know if I do have it done. Thanks for the info.!

Aila

:)

A couple of girls at work get the spray-on tan on their whole body. It looks natural and only takes a minute of so to do it. You might want to check it out. The only bad thing is that it is more expensive, at least in this area, than going to a suntan booth.

I personally will live with my whiteness. I'm so white I put Casper to shame. However, when I am outside I burn too easily in the sun. It is not worth it to me to permanently damage my skin or possibly get skin cancer just for the sake of vanity.

My friend and I went tanning for the very first time a couple of years ago! We loved the results but it was so costly and time consuming that we didn't feel it was worth it to continue. We did it for that one summer and never went back. A tanned complexion definately looks better than the white pastey skin I normally have, lol, but I decided I'd rather live with the pastey look than spend my life AND my life savings to get a tan. I would consider going back in preparation for a vacation so that I could get a base tan to decrease my chances of burning but that's about it for me...:)

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Maximus and others: I haven't tried the spray-tan but I have a friend who has. She really liked it but said that it was too expensive and didn't last long. She also said that they give you disposable undergarments to wear while they spray you-- Just to answer a few q's!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.