O.K. Ladies, let's talk skin care!!!

BAM

Cathlete
Like many of you, I am trying to find the miracle skin care products. All I can say is that I think I'm on the right track. I was going to hold off posting for another couple of weeks to see what the results will be by then but because I've seen immediate results, I need to share NOW! I've tried many, many different products. I purchased the Nova Skin Care unit but the products that came with it are not working for my skin. I stopped using the unit and am deciding if I want to try it with my new products or perhaps just send it back. But, in the meantime, I am loving what I've been using. I was about to order Victoria Principal's line which I've used in the past. You get a lot for your buck and I've always tried to be conservative on my skin care spending but I realize that may not always be possible if I want quality products. I was in the health food store the other day and decided that I want more pure products for my skin. My skin is normal to dry and I have those lovely nasolabial fold lines and (love this term) the marionette lines also. x( (Oops, better not do that or my frown lines will get worse. :p ) I don't really have other lines on my face but would like to tone up the eye area and firm up my skin in general.

I purchased BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) facial cleanser for normal to dry skin. It feels very slick on the skin after you rinse it off but I think I like it. I got it on sale for less than $7.00. I also got Nature's Gate Organics Forget Your Lines which is a serum. Can we say "immediate results"?! My skin just looked better after only one use. Those lovely lines lessened! For an eye cream, I bought MyChelle's Fabulous Eye Cream. Even though it's supposed to be for lines and firmness, I think my dark circles are a wee bit improved. At this point, I'm soooooo excited about the results I saw so quickly. I decided to do some more research on these products. I spoke with someone at the store who absolutely loves the MyChelle line but was also highly recommending the Suki line. I have some samples from them but have not yet tried them. I'm trying to stick with the same products for a period of time first so I can decide which ones I like. I did purchase the MyChelle sampler which I HIGHLY recommend. You get over 20 products for about $11.00. (Mine was less because that was on sale too!) In fact, MyChelle's line is on sale until the end of the month at the store so I'm trying to focus on them right now.

All I can say is that my skin looks fantastic and I've only been using them a week but again, I noticed a change after the first use. I'll be experimenting in the days/weeks ahead but for me, between the brands that I mentioned, I won't have to worry about what to get for my skin. The great thing is, if you don't like them, you can return it for a refund. The ingredients are wonderful and are not laden with chemicals. If I can answer any questions, I'd be happy to but I was so excited to find these products that I just had to share. Happy shopping! :) Oh, and some are good enough to eat! :9

Happy Skin Bam :7

http://mychelleusa.com (As I was reading their website just now, they talk about a price increase. Don't let this discourage you from trying them.)

http://beautywithoutcruelty.com/

http://www.natures-gate.com

http://sukipure.com/ (Have not yet tried but is HIGHLY recommended.)

BAM,

I am always interested in some good skin care items. I like to try suff that isn't real expensive either. I tend to try different products for a good amount of time, then switching. I have done Victoria Principals , Avon, DHC, Skin Ceuticals and a few others. Oh yeah, Mary kay. I must say the only thing I use on a regular basis is the Skin Ceuticals Cleanser and the SC Retinol 1.0. The Retinol has done wonders for my face! I won't leave home without it.

Keep us posted on the luck you have with this new line you are using. I am definitely up to trying something different!

Cheryl

I'm so glad you ladies are finding products that work. I love looking in the mirror and smiling at progress! :) In fact, I truly can't wait to wash my face at night and in the morning because I wonder what transformation I'll see next! :7

Bam

I am all about Obagi and Strivectin serum. I also use Stella McCartneys organic skincare line when I need a break from Obagi's more agressive treatment type program.
I have used mymchelle after purchasing a travel kit and BAM, you are right, they are great products, thanks for reminding me!:)

tneah,

I tried Obagi about 4 years ago. I didn't give it enough time, I don't think. It made my face peel and look like he**. They did tell me that this needed to be done to get down to the lower layers of my skin. I just couldn't get past the look in the beginning. I am sure it is great stuff. Did you have that problem when you first started using it?

Cheryl

Tneah, anytime! ;)

Beth, I bought them at Whole Foods. They have a great return policy so if you try them and don't like them, you can return them with the receipt. I found them on some website for a little less so I figure when I find the ones I like, and I know I don't have to return anything, I will probably order online if I don't find them on sale.

Let me know what you think of them. Like anything, it will probably be a trial and error thing. They're usually quite helpful and knowledgeable in the store so talking to the personnel could lead you in the right direction. If you choose to try the MyChelle sampler, you shouldn't have a problem figuring out which ones work well with your skin. Good luck!

Bam

I swear by Retin-A, and an SPF 30 sunblock. Used it since I was 26, and wish I had started earlier than that! I'm almost 47, and I usually get guessed at being in my mid-to-late 30's. Of course, they may just be being kind, or maybe its because I don't really act my age. Women "my age" should probably be a bit more refined and somber, but I don't see that happening for me. :+

I need to incorporate glycolic acid back into my skincare, it really helped, but sometimes I just get lazy.

I have recently found Lush products. They made my skin feel fantastic. I've got more ordered now. They are full of herbs and make my skin look healthy. I have tried alot of stuff, but like this one the best!
Ellen

I am using the Incredible Pumpkin Peel from MyChelle once a week, you leave it on for only 5 mins, it makes my skin feel soft. It is a good product and didn't give any irritation.

>Tneah, anytime! ;)
>
>Beth, I bought them at Whole Foods. They have a great return
>policy so if you try them and don't like them, you can return
>them with the receipt. I found them on some website for a
>little less so I figure when I find the ones I like, and I
>know I don't have to return anything, I will probably order
>online if I don't find them on sale.
>
>Let me know what you think of them. Like anything, it will
>probably be a trial and error thing. They're usually quite
>helpful and knowledgeable in the store so talking to the
>personnel could lead you in the right direction. If you
>choose to try the MyChelle sampler, you shouldn't have a
>problem figuring out which ones work well with your skin.
>Good luck!
>
>Bam
Is there someone there that can help you? I just want to make sure I got the right store it is a market right?

beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

I'm enjoying this thread as I've been looking for trustworthy reviewers. ;) The only product I'm actively looking for right now is a very light day moisturizer with SPF, maybe some anti-aging. I usually buy foundation with SPF, but didn't this last time and now I'm stuck with it.

A couple months ago I bought Burt's Bee's night Radiance Night Cream, and I just love it!! It really improves my skin's texture, brightens my face up, and helps with my few trouble acne spots.

The Obagi really is more of an aggressive treatment line of skincare, and yes, your skin will look red, irritated and it will peel for a few months, but it undoes all of that damage. I have virtually wrinkle free skin, no visible pores either.:)
Like I said, I tend to be too aggressive with my skin, so had to back off the Obagi and alternate with a gentler skincare.
Oh, and the one expensive line that doesn't do a thing for me? La Mer. Its just a pricey moisturizer!x(
Chanel has a new moisturizer with an SPF that is so wonderful, I forgot the name of it, but it has light reflecting particles and smells like roses. I used a sample and fell in love with it, a great daytime moisturizer that I will start using after I use up my Stella McCartney line.:) I am a skincare junkie and love to try new things, I can though, because my skin isn't too sensitive.

>I am using the Incredible Pumpkin Peel from MyChelle once a week, >you leave it on for only 5 mins, it makes my skin feel soft. It is >a good product and didn't give any irritation.

SarahM, I can't wait to try this one. I tried the Blueberry Masque and really liked it. All of her products make your skin feel so soft.

ETA: They're replacing the Blueberry Masque with a Guava Cactus Masque because something was happening to the source they used for the blueberries. I haven't tried the Guava masque yet as the blueberry one was in my sampler pack.

>Is there someone there that can help you? I just want to make sure I got the right store it is a market right?

beth6395>

Beth, yes, it's Whole Foods Market. Wild Oats was recently bought out by them so if you see a Wild Oats, you can find the products there also. Talk to someone in the skin care section and ask them if there's someone particularly knowledgeable in the lines that I mentioned. I found someone who really knows 2 of the lines I was looking into in and someone else who knew about the others.

I still would like to stress to anyone who's looking for a change, knowing we're all different, you do get IMMEDIATE results with the products I've mentioned which is why I'm so excited about them. I was sick yesterday and only washed my face once and today, I still look fabulous! }( :7 :+ :p

Bam

Obagi's less aggressive line CRX works really well-it's a little on the pricey side- but great skin is worth the cost IMO. I also had great results with Kanebo- again, a little pricey, but worth every penny. Cetaphil is a really good gentle face wash- I have been using this product for about 16 years. The key to great skin is to always use sunblock though.

>I swear by Retin-A, and an SPF 30 sunblock. Used it since I
>was 26, and wish I had started earlier than that! I'm almost
>47, and I usually get guessed at being in my mid-to-late 30's.
>Of course, they may just be being kind, or maybe its because I
>don't really act my age. Women "my age" should probably be a
>bit more refined and somber, but I don't see that happening
>for me. :+
>
>I need to incorporate glycolic acid back into my skincare, it
>really helped, but sometimes I just get lazy.

ITA. I rotate using Retinol and 12% AHA Glycolic Acid at night, then an AHA moisturizer and 50 SPF Sunblock during the day. I've been doing this for about 5 years now and my skin looks better than when I was in my 20s/30s (I'm 40). I only wish I had started it years ago!

>I'm enjoying this thread as I've been looking for trustworthy
>reviewers. ;) The only product I'm actively looking for right
>now is a very light day moisturizer with SPF, maybe some
>anti-aging. I usually buy foundation with SPF, but didn't this
>last time and now I'm stuck with it.
>
>A couple months ago I bought Burt's Bee's night Radiance Night
>Cream, and I just love it!! It really improves my skin's
>texture, brightens my face up, and helps with my few trouble
>acne spots.
>
>
>I love, love, love this. The SPF isn't very high, but I also use a Mac primer with a 50 SPF, so it's not an issue for me.

>http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=141162&catid=13554

I use a lot of the AHA products; they really work and are not expensive! Good luck on your search!

So ladies - those of you using the Retinol and AHA's - what brands or where are you obtaining them?

More info the the old lady here who really needs to step up her skin care please;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.