Novatique/Nova Skin Care System

sanchiababy

Cathlete
Has anyone ever used this facial skin care kit? If so, does it really work? I have the infomercial and it looks very interesting but I'm hoping to hear from someone who has used it and see what kind of results it really gives and if it's worth it.

Sanchia

Never heard of it, I just started the Obagi line of skincare.:) Is this something you get in a dermatologists office?

Hi Sanchia - I have it and just used it for the first time. Initial response is that it definitely deep-cleaned my face, and my skin feels nice - not tight or irritated - maybe a tad oily - the lotion is pretty rich. You are supposed to remove all makeup before using it. I used the cleanser, the exfoliator and the lotion (the lotion does not have a sunscreen - my only complaint) with the applicator (I just rinsed out the pad each time). I have combination sensitive skin, have been using Proactiv for the last year or two and was ready for a change - the Proactiv seemed to be thinning my skin and wasn't helping my breakouts as much as I wanted. I'll let you know how it's going in few more weeks! I also just ordered Bare Minerals face makeup to try that out too - a little indulging session for my face :)
Sasha

Sasha,

Thanks very uch for the response. I made the decision to just give it a shot. It does make my skin feel so soft and definitely gives a very clean feel. But I have not had it for very long - just over a week now. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks, like you said.

Sanchia

I too just started the Obagi line. Hoping for some wonderful results. Good luck with Nova Skin Care. Hopefully its what you are looking for. It is so frustrating looking for a good skin care line.

Krista

Sanchia, I just read this thread and I'm so glad you posted it. I've been watching the infomercial myself and became quite interested in it. There are some infomercial products that make it to the stores and I was wondering if this is going to be one of them. I'm so glad you're having nice results with it. My skin gets very dry from so many products and it needs deep cleaning but it's hard to get deep cleaning without drying your skin out. Would you mind giving an update in another week or so? I need something new for my skin very soon and if you still like it after 2 weeks of use, maybe I'll order it without waiting to see if the stores will carry it. Thanks again posting this.

Sasha, could you also post how your skin is doing in another week or so? As with many of us, I've just spent tons of money on products that just didn't work.

This product is supposed to help your skin produce more of its own collagen thus making it look better. I hope both of you get this benefit. I can't wait to hear about it down the road!:)

Thanks.
Bam

I just saw how much this product costs! :eek: I didn't know it was $199.80. :eek: again! I definitely will be anxious to hear results now. Perhaps I should try the Dove SkinVitalizer with my $3.50 off coupon. :) I wonder how that works.

Bam

OBAGI

Can you give me some information on the Obagi skin care products. I have been wanting to try this system for a while.

RE: OBAGI

Obagi is a skin care line that you should get from your derm. I guess for lack of better terms, it kinda sloughs off your old skin and creates new skin which has less lines, freckles, sun spots, etc. My doctor said it is usually like an 18 week process, so you must be serious about it. After that you go on a maintenance program. It isn't cheap either. I'm in my second week and so far so good. If you do a search for it online, you can research it, that's what I did before I plopped down the money!

Krista

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.