nordic track spin bike 399.00

Thank you!

oh, and thank you for all these reviews of this bike. I just ordered mine!! Can't wait. I'm hoping it's something I can do at home while recovering from a nose job...they said 'light' activity where I'm not bouncing up and down. When I spin/teach spin at the gym I'm up and down in the saddle, but I figure at home I can just stay in the saddle and do tough climbs or static runs...we'll see! Thanks again. I was on the fence but read all of your reviews!

Hi Cathe!

I'm looking into buying a spin bike now: something affordable but durable. Anyway, I had a question about this: I took my 2nd spin class yesterday, and while I was sore in the crotch, after 10 minutes it was gone. This was the first time I did spinning in 8 years, and I remember 8 years ago that it hurt throughout the workout: maybe I'm just in better shape now. Anyway, my question is: do you recommend one of those gel seats? Or can they impede movement?

Thanks!

That's awesome Denise! Remember the first three times you spin (if you're a newbie), your crotch area gets VERY tender (the bone area feels a little ouchie), until you get acclimated. Then that goes away for good....unless you take a long break from your bike in which you have to start your acclimation all over again. Hey, it's good incentive to stick with your program, right? :D

Hi Cathe!

I'm looking into buying a spin bike now: something affordable but durable. Anyway, I had a question about this: I took my 2nd spin class yesterday, and while I was sore in the crotch, after 10 minutes it was gone. This was the first time I did spinning in 8 years, and I remember 8 years ago that it hurt throughout the workout: maybe I'm just in better shape now. Anyway, my question is: do you recommend one of those gel seats? Or can they impede movement?

Thanks!

I knew from when I cycled on the road years ago that having a padded seat is not a particularly good thing. Padded shorts is plenty. But when I got my spin bike a few months ago, I thought since I wouldn't be doing it every day I might want the gel seat. I used it a few times, but took it off. I found it got in the way and impeded my movement on the saddle -- just like I knew it would on my road bike. So in that respect, nothing changed for me between a road bike and the spin bike.

Got My Bike

Not sure if anyone is even still reading this thread, but I got my bike today and put it together myself...it took me under an hour, but some parts were tough...if you have an extra set of hands it will probably be much easier! Just a couple notes. If you do spin at the gym, you will notice some things about this bike...one, the handlebars are not built for longevity. If you have more than one user, they will deteriorate quickly. They are that soft feel material that rubs off when sweated upon...the second thing is no biggie, but my 'nordic track' stickers are already coming off...and the knobs are poor quality and may not last...otherwise, I'm happy with it!!

Not sure if anyone is even still reading this thread, but I got my bike today and put it together myself...
Well, I am TOTALLY impressed that you put the bike together yourself!!! Big thumbs up! I couldn't even lift the box to bring it into my house! :eek: My husband put it on a hand truck and wheeled it in, and then he put it together for me. I just had to read the instructions to him. :) As for the handlebar issue.... I am wearing my Cathe fitness gloves when using the bike. Hopefully, the gloves will make a difference where the soft material on the handlebars is concerned. I purchased the GX 3.0 model and don't believe there are any stickers on it. A few plastic pieces came off the bike, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where a couple of them go. :confused: I need to pull out the owners manual to see if I can figure it out. Overall, I'm very pleased w/the bike and I'm eager for the release of Cathe's new DVD! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.