********No Sweets Week of March 2********

Lori, I agree completely with the picking. When I eat clean, I also can't believe how many "little bites" I have... mostly of cookies, muffins, etc. Two days so far with no sweet yummies. Tonight I plan on working shoulders, probably GS, with 20-25 mins of light cardio, probably some Christie Taylor. Have a clean day everyone!

Yesterday was awesome! No sweets at all. :) That makes two days in a row, woohoo!!

Rose, I have Baron's Journey Into Power Vinyasa 2 and Soul of Strength. I really like him and love his routine. I prefer JIP and do it after my runs. I did Bryan Kest's Tone this morning and though I definitely felt the burn and my heart pounding all I could think was "I get it; we are all unique and have different life experiences! I am doing this class just perfectly, thank you. Enough already!!!" I know that this is incredibly mean, but I wish I could mute him out. I have just used my alotted whinyness for the day. :p Do you have any other yoga goodies? I am always looking for something new. :)

Alicia, I just got back into yoga after Christmas. I hadn't realized how tight I had gotten from all the running and weight work I did! I haven't done any weights in three months and just use yoga (it is so awesome for shoulders and thighs), but now I am going to start lifting low weight/high rep again. I just love the way yoga makes me feel so I don't ever want to give it up again.

Have a great day everyone! May the endorphins run freely and the sweets stay at bay! :)

Missy

Afternoon Ladies,

Still hanging in there with the no sweets.:D I've even started to bring my eating back under control. If I keep this up I might start to see the results I want. I need that, to see some results soon, to help keep me motivated. If I don't see any as fast as I want to see them I usually get mad, give up and say forget it!

Did good on the late snacking too. Just had some sliced almonds.

Forgot to add that I did CC #2 (revised) this morning repeating challenge 3 two more times.

Linda

Okay, I am writing this post as a preemptive strike to the sugar crazies that will inevitably take over my body here within the next 24 hours. This is my third day w/o any sugar AT ALL, IN ANYTHING (includes corn syrup, brown sugar, white breads) and this is about the time that I start to go through the cupboards like a crazy maniac over and over again hunting for chocolate, cake and Fruity Pebbles. I don't have any of those things in my house right now, but when the time comes I will be asking you to pray for my children who have to suffer through my insanity. They would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day! :)

Missy

Hey ladies!!!! Today I did PS: SL & A. Wow I haven't done a heavy weight workout in awhile and I really was feeling that one. My leg muscles were shaking in many exercises. I'm so glad I'm back doing my Cathe workouts, but I have to be careful with my back so no high impact yet and I'm not lifting too heavy either. I'm happy to say I didn't eat sweets today.

Missy - I've tried many yoga workouts and I have some that I've used just once or twice (like Iron Yoga, Hard Body Yoga and others), but I'm so used to Baron's style that I find anything else is a waste of time. I have seen some previews of Kest's workouts online and to be honest I can't stand his voice. When I do yoga I need a soothing voice like Baron's and his workouts are pretty tough to boot. I think he should come up with new yoga workouts a couple of times per year.

It's only Tuesday so we have to stay strong. I have yet to pick my cheat day. I'm thinking either Friday or Saturday.

Rose, good for you on your w/o. Have you noticed how much Cathe's legs are shaking on those sit-n-stands? I love that w/o, well except for the floor work. I loathe floor work :+

I did KenpoX+ this evening. Didn't want to do anything too difficult. Was too tired due to a lack of sleep. Eating has been good. Except 1 small piece of dark chocolate :9

[font color= purple size=+3]Catherine[/font]

http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/fit_fairy

http://69.89.25.157/~extremf4/forums/images/smilies/chinup.gif

WOW-----I don't check in for a week and come back to more people! What have I missed!

Fitfairy and Rose, the basement is finished...just a few more things to do, but nothing to prevent me from working out. TTOM now so I have been dragging the last few days. I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill today. I have to go back and read part of last weeks thread so I can catch up.

I guess I need to welcome everyone to the check in since I missed doing that.

HI Girls!

Yesterdays eating was great again! The scale is already dropping the water weight I have gained b/c of my awful picking!
B-fruit and all bran bites
L-Wrap,egg,2 whites,amyo
S-Protein bar, fruit
D-Salmon,broccoli,turnip and 2 reese peice things (very small)

Scale is already back to 120.9!

Lori

Good morning ladies! I woke up this morning to a white landscape made of ice! It "iced" here a few inches last night and there are crashes and power outages everywhere. We hardly get any snow all winter and March is covered in ice. It has been a bizarre winter.

Affirm, thanks for the welcome and glad to meet you!
Rose, I agree that Baron needs to come out with more workouts.
Catherine, chocolate is good for you, just like beer is ;)
Lori, congrats on the water weight loss.

Yesterday was GREAT! I am feeling so good. :) I tried a new salad with dinner last night: stemmed arugula, 1/4c of pine nuts, drizzling of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and some pepper and lemon zest, shake it up in a bowl with a lid and viola! A delicious salad! Of course the kids wouldn't touch it, but DH and I gobbled it up. I love balsamic.

Make it a great day!

Missy

Morning Ladies,

Nice to see people doing so well. Still no sweets for me either, though I think DD is out to get me. She hands me the remainder of her Baby Ruth candy bar yesterday. And as tempted as I was, I managed to just throw it in the trash. Yaa Me! My eating is getting better too in regards to how much. I hope to nail it today!

Anyway today was a fullbody workout with heavy weights.

Linda

You know what I hate? When you grab something sweet because you are craving and then it isn't any good x(

So far doing good today, though it's still early ;) I have a salad in the frigde for lunch and healthy snacks here at work. Going to nephew's birthday party this evening and must resist pizza and cake :eek:.

Linda, good job on resisting that baby ruth- it was nasty anyway ;)

Affirm, glad the basement is done. I am sure that was a big relief for you!!

Missy, that salad sounds great!!

Lori, congrats on your scale reading!!

Catherine - You are too funny! Thanks for the laugh and the reinforcement, I thought it was going to be yucky that's why i threw it out!;)

Linda

Morning!

I didn't get a chance to sign in yesterday, but it looks like everyone is doing really well! Yesterday, no sweets other than some really sweet grapes:9 but I did make brocolli cheddar soup for dinner. DH asked for it so nicely and I caved! Not the healthy choice but it was delicious. Yesterday I did HIS back and chest and abs from Butts and Guts.

Affirm- thanks for the welcome!

Missy - that salad sounds delicious! I love pine nuts!

Lori - Wow, your eating is quite disciplined, I still have quite a few adjustment to make (can't resist those carbs!) Congrats on your progress!

Rose - I too think a cheat day may be in order soon as I am proud to say I've done very well with resisting treats so far :7 Even though I may have indulged in other foods a bit too much

Linda - great job resisting that candy bar! Doesn't it feel great?

Catherine - I could probably resist the cake but not the pizza! Good luck!

Have a great day everyone!

Great Job everyone!

Today has been pretty good :) Did have a small bite of DH Reeses peanut butter cup....I swear it was a tiny bite. DH did not want to give any of it away}(
Today's MEALS:
B= multi-gran hot cereal w/half scoop of van. protien powder (few raisins mixed in)
L= tuna salad & banana (bite of PBcup)
D= chicken, small scoop of stuffing, salad
S= after soccer- soy milk & Banana

Yesterday, I did 4DS kickbox and legs. Only had an hour to wo.
Today, I have a soccer game (tonight)and if we win another one after.
Tommorrow, I have a conference all day for work, hoping to do upper body or a light run. I'll have to play it by ear. They are serving lunch @ the conference, I'm bring a power bar (luna) & apple,incase food isn't "healthy".

Well- keep up the great work :) We can do this!!!!
Alicia

Well, I avoided the pizza and the cake!! I did have like 5 doritos. So I think that was good.

I did a leg workout with chinups prior to the party and had my pwo protein shake. Right now I am getting ready to snack on some airpopped pocorn and a coke zero.

Alicia, we won't count that tiny bite ;)

Maggie, broccli chedder soup :9 I'm coming over to your house ;)

Looks like everyone's staying pretty well on track with eating and working out. WTG!!!

Today was PUB down only. Truly my favorite workout. Eating was good yesterday. I did have a small piece of cake celebrating a co-worker who is moving away.

Good Morning!

Seems like I never get back for personnals. Then again, my baby as been extra needy so I haven't had to much free time to chat.
I just finished a night shift and getting ready to go home. Im not sure what todays workout will be. I was thinking about saving my long run for this Sat but if DH goes into the city, I may go to my parents house...which means, no TM...no long run.
Yesterdays eating was good again. When I got to work I did make some cookies so I had a couple licks of a spoon and so on but I did miss yesterdays snack so I think calorie wise, it all evened out. When I realized it, it was supper time and I hadn't even thought about anything sweet! Woo Hoo!
Yesterdays meals:
B-All bran bites, 1 c of grapes
L-WW wrap, 1 egg, 2 egg whites, fruit
S-2 peices of roast,salad with spinach,rasains,peppers,tomoatoes,oranges, strawberries and a little banana. I love fruit in my salad, with a fruity dressing of course!
From here on in the scale will slow down. I don't expect it to jump back down to 117 anytime soon. That will be a slower process, although I have been lifting heavy weights so I may never see that again.

Missy** DS is walking. He doesn't stop. Were your boys a little slower in the talking dept that Mariah? He only says 4 words. He won't wave good bye or things like that that other babies are doing. But he does give kisses and understands good bye..he just won't wave it! When I go to baby group, its hard not to compare him to the others but they are mostly girls.Ive heard people say that when their boy reached 16-18 monthes they just started chatting.. I think I am thinking about it b/c our nurse (who gives him his needles) wants me to come back and see her in April to see if he is doing the things he is suppose to. Meanwhile, she doesn't have any kids herself and does alot of reading about babies. So if the "book" says they are suppose to do it, then she thinks there is something wrong if they don't. I guess you can't help but worry and compare. He seems to be smart in other areas, but its almost as if he is to busy to even learn things, if that makes sense.As for MSN, I rarely get on anymore. Did Mariah tell you I was talking to her? LOL Everytime I would get on, she would be on! She even use to try contacted me! LOL Most of the times I was at work and she said you were reading, I never use to talk to her for long b/c I didn't want you to think i was a creep chatting with your child! haha

Hope everyone as a good day!
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.