No Sweets Challenge--Feb 4 - 10

Affirm

Cathlete
Hello Ladies. I think this begins week 6 of our challenge. I have spent some time thinking about how I will modify the challenge for this month. My goal is to be able to "cheat" on the weekends, but within reason.

Rose, I like the way you said you were able to have just a small piece of birthday cake and one scoop of ice-cream, instead of the usual second serving. That is an example of exactly what I want to be able to do and resist the cravings for additional sugar after that.

My goal is to continue to exercise 5 days a week for approx. 45 minutes. I would like to continue to focus on eating a balance meal with less starch and more veggies and fruit in order to try to see less fat in those difficult areas. I want to enjoy a special treat on the weekends (Sat. or Sun) -----within reason-----one treat-----NOT one treat leading to another treat on Saturday and then 2 more on Sunday and next thing you know I am back to casually eating junk like it doesn't affect my body.

What are you goals for the month as we start the first full week of Feb.?

Week 6, WOW!! My goals are similar to yours. I have already been doing the cheat on the weekend, but did get carried away a couple of times. So I need to work on that. I also need to work on my veggie intake. Working out 4-5 days a week consistently is also another goal. I usually do well with this. But I am getting close to taking a week off. I do that 2-3 times per year.

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Did pyramid down of PUB today and abs. I had toast, peanut butter and banana for breakfast. I had baked chicken, carrots, rice for lunch. I had chicken, rice and orange juice for dinner. DH had made a salad, but I have a sore throat and just didn't feel like eating a salad. I opted for orange juice instead. Not the best balanced dinner, but not the worst either.

I know am getting sick, but I hope I can fight it.

Hi ladies! A big (((hug))) for you. I miss posting in the check-in, but like I said I've been busy and unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to spend in front of my computer. I've been making a huge effort trying to fit exercise in my schedule. I exercised yesterday (just cardio) and tomorrow I'm going to try and do some weight lifting and abs. After that I can't exercise until Friday afternoon. My diet has been awful though. That happens when I'm stressed out, but what I do is adjust my portions. I had a weigh in today and I didn't gain a pound after all the crap I've been eating. Of course it's not an excuse to eat junk every day, but as long as I'm aware of portions and calories, I can cheat ocasionally without gaining a pound.

I can't believe it's week 6. Wow. I hope we continue with the check in for a long time. When I cheat I think "darn it now I have to post that I cheated" and if I skip a workout I think "darn it now I have to post that I sat on my butt again". So the check in definitely works. As far as goals, I lost the three pounds I wanted to lose in January and I would like to lose more in February. I understand that I'm not giving 100% of myself to achieve that so if I lose half a pound this month I'll be happy. I have to lose 16 pounds to be at my goal weight and I'm hoping that I'll lose them by the end of the summer (August or September). Losing 2-4 pounds per month is doable for me.

I hope you don't get sick Affirm. Remember to listen to your body.

and Catherine...BE STRONG! I know you love your cheat days. :p

Didn't feel well this morning. I opted to take a day off from exercising. I had scramble egg, toast and orange juice for breakfast. Chicken noodle soup and apple for lunch, and steak, sweet potato and green peas for dinner.

Hello ladies. Big ((((HUG))) back at you Rose!! Well I must admit transgressions (sp) No sweets per say, but I did have snow crab rangoon YUMMY!! Other than that yesterday was clean. Did Magically Hips yoga last night. I have been trying to stick with doing yoga at least once a week and have done so since Jan.

Rose it sounds like you have reasonable goals and a good sense of what you can accomplish!! I think being realistic is so important.

Affirm, I hope you are feeling better. The flu bug is around here big time!! I am trying not to breath LOL!!

Have a good hump day!

Catherine

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/fit_fairy

It's a snow day school closing for me. It couldn't have come at a better time since I haven't been feeling well. I plan to get some rest. I took the day off from exercising. I have to listen to my body. I hope to able to do a 30 minute workout tomorrow. I will see how it goes.

I am feeling well enough to do a workout this morning. I haven't figured out which workout I plan to do yet, but I am on my way to the workout room now. Glad to hear that the eating right is going well for everyone. I had whole wheat pasta, sauce, turkey meatballs and salad for dinner. I drank orange juice and night for the last few evenings. Anyway, I just wanted to do a quick check in. Have a great day.

Hi there! I had my Thursday weigh-in today and I'm still losing a couple of ounces even without working out like I normally do.:) It's all about my diet I think. Portion control and calorie counting is what's working for me this week. I'm going to try and do PS:BBA with a 30 min cardio (I'm thinking BM2 step portion) today. I hate missing workouts especially when I'm stressed out. Working out helps me to manage stress and it also helps me with my insomnia.

Catherine I think you *love* S&H lol! It's a good series, but I only do 2-3 week rotations with it. The rest periods get so long for me. If I had the stamina I would just do some 1 min cardio intervals between them, but S&H is hard so I just sit down and wait desperately for the next set.

Affirm I'm glad you're feeling better. Do you know I've never seen snow? Crazy huh?! I live in the Caribbean (Puerto Rico) and when I travel it's mostly during the summer so seeing snow is out of the question. Maybe one day. :)

I worked out today! Wow I can't believe it. I did BM2 (warm-up and step combos 1-3) then PS:BBA and some additional stretching. Great workout. Now back to all the things I have to do for tomorrow. Take care ladies.

I barely made it through 30 minutes of a workout this morning. I just didn't want to take another day off. I hope to have my normal energy back in a few days. I just didn't want to be out of my "routine" for too long. It had been 2 days, so I thought I would give it a try.

Rose, glad you are back to the check in.

Well, I just came back from yoga. That was my "workout" for today. I also had an early cheat day so no sweets tomorrow or on Sunday. I'm a couple of ounces away from being back in the 130's but I don't want to rush things. I'm taking my weight loss a week or month at a time, but hopefully I'll be 130 something pounds next month. :)

Catherine, B&G ouch! That's a good one. I love those ab segments and the floorwork! Affirm, don't feel bad about not working out as you would like. You need to give your body time to heal itself otherwise you can get even more sick. Don't worry you'll get back on track. Just don't use your sickness as an excuse to eat junk food. Eat healthy and get plenty of rest and you'll be back on track soon.

I also wanted to say that this check in definitely works. Have a nice weekend.

Hey ladies. Friday, I did the timesaver portion of Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Then I worked my legs out for about 10 minutes on my husbands weight equipment.

Now I will highlight my sweets for the week. On Sunday, I made a pound cake, so I had one slice. Yes, just one slice. That was hard, but I managed. I took some to work to share with colleagues just to make sure that I wasn't tempted during the week. Otherwise, my son enjoys that treat as his after school snack. Later in the week, one of my colleagues had some apple crisp that she made. She usually enjoys things that I bring in, so I had just one tablespoon.

This is an example of what I want to be able to do through out the month. I don't want to eat sweets everyday, but enjoy a treat here and there.

I exercised 3 days. Today (Saturday)---is my 35 minute swim class so I won't be do my Cathe workout. I usually count that as my workout which will be 4 days I guess.

Hey, I have never done one of Cathe's rotations before. I usually just mix and match my workouts. This time of the year, I try to give 2 to 3 days to upper body as we get ready for the summer. I have thought about trying a rotation many times, but haven't. Maybe I will consider that for the month of March to add to my "no sweet challenge".

I do enjoy this check in. It is like "accountability".

Affirm, good for you for just having one slice and one tablespoon and walking away!! I say your swim definately counts as day 4. Not bad for one who has been sick.

I have never actually followed a Cathe rotation. I usually do just what you do. I did a S&H rotation thru Jan and part of Feb. But that was my made up rotation with S&H, Yoga, and Cardio. I have followed P90X as a rotation and it was helpful to know for sure what I do and when. I guess I'll see how this one goes. I figured a circuit type rotation would be good after S&H.

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.