No Starbucks - day 3

spyrosmom

Cathlete
And I'm making it!!! I decided to let go of my Starbucks fix. This has been the hardest day so far, as it is freezing in here today. The Starbucks is just downstairs in the lobby. I decided for a couple reasons to give it up.

I drink a cup of coffee w/ breakfast and one on the way to work, I don't need more caffiene.

The coffee at home is "free". Starbucks is $2 for a plain coffee or tea. Not much, but it adds up - I'm thinking of using this to fund my car insurance

I get on latte kicks. Even a skim latte adds up calorie wise over the coarse of days/weeks. Once I get the craving, I can't stop. Lattes and coffee also give me a biscotti craving. More calories. Biscotti and latte comes in around $5. That's $25/wk. Thats my car insurance!!!

It's embarrassing when the last 5 transactions in a row on my bank statement show "Starbucks":eek::eek:

So I am on day 3, and I'm having a bit of a struggle today, but I am making it. I get to go home in 4 hours and 45 mins. I have a meeting at 3, I can stay away today. If I can get thru this week, I can make it.

Nan

Good for you!!! I am a complete diet coke aholic!! If they had re-hab for diet coke I'd be the first to check in...no joke I drink probably 3 cans a day....and today i am home with a stomach bug/flu and obviously shouldn't drink it, since my stomach feels so bad, but guess what I'm craving it!!! Really stupid...thank god there isn't any in the house or I'd probably drink it and then feel like crap!!!

I'm a diet cola addict too. I do like a good cup of coffee, and have one at home in the morning. We have a Green Mountain k-cup machine in our break room, so I can get freebies here. So many people go down to Seattle's Best or Tim Horton's in our building, and I don't get it. Why pay when you've got good free stuff? Maybe they just want an excuse to leave their desks for awhile, who knows.

Could be worse...you could be giving up cigarettes!

Nan,

I just wanted to say GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!!
I'm sort of doing the same thing.
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE Starbucks . It's kind of weird, because otherwise I am not a coffee drinker . But I started drinking mocha frap lite in the summer and then discovered peppermint mocha twist at Christmas time and I started going more and more often. We don't even have a starbucks on this side of town, but I was making the trip across town more often than necessary just to go to SB !!
So last week I had a stomach bug and couldnt' drink anything like that for 5 days......I decided that was the time to give it up. At least so often. So I am drinking green/white and black tea during the week and will allow myself a SB treat on the weekend.
I know it's not healthy......all that sugar .......I keep the fat & calories down a bit by ordering lite & no whip, but it's still not good and it's expensive.
I love your idea of using the money for car insurance & think I'll do something similar with the $ I save .
Thanks for sharing what you are doing, now I know I'm not doing this alone !
^ 5 to both of us !!! We can do it !!!

Becky

you can do it, nan!!!!

my husband used to drink 12 cups every morning!!!!

can you believe ive never had coffee?
i quit drinking pop when trying to get pregnant w/ my first baby, about 8 years ago!

so no caffeine for me. dh says i dont know what im missing!:p

I just started drinking coffee this summer...and let me tell you...I now know how people stay awake in meetings. I always thought there was something wrong with me!

I don't know you but OMG your post could be me. I am a sucker and for SB. And yes my debit transactions have more SB's on it than other things. It is sad and a horrible guilty obsession that I know adds lots of calories. I love the petite mini scones. I only get those in a great while. Good luck and I wish you the best. I have tried and succeeded for a short while cutting out Starbucks, but with the cold weather it is harder and harder. Keep up the good work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.