New Thyroid Support group!

ellesan

Cathlete
I know there's been quite a few people dealing with thyroid disease here lately, so I wanted to start a support group for those of us trying to deal with this AND maintain our health and fitness.

I personally have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune HYPOthyroid), and had my thyroid removed in May 2009 due to complications.

I went through a terrible time during diagnosis and treatment and I was always searching for information and help to understand what was going on with my body.

Anyone welcome, it's a place to ask questions, get support, vent, cry, whatver you need. I've been there, I know! Just go to the Social Groups area and find the Thyroid support. :D

Thank you so much. I will look for you there. You know I am going thru the same struggles w/ my own Hashi-hell. Sigh. Thanks, Clarissa

This is great! What a wonderful idea! I have hypothyroidism as well and would love to be part of the group. I will check it out in the Social Groups area.

I will check it out. I wonder if my inability to loose weight is more than eating too many cal's. I'm taking an rx and don't feel particularly bad, just can't loose the weight quickly, it's like pulling a cow up a hill with a shoe string. - autumn

You can also follow this:

Click on "Quick Links" (look below your username/private messages box)

Go to "networking"

Click on "social groups"

Click on "Thyroid support"

after you've joined, you can also just click on your cathe home page and scroll down towards the bottom on the right hand side and it will show the social groups you belong to.

Welcome everyone!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.