New Ryka shoes for New workouts?

firemedic

Cathlete
Cathe, I was wondering how the new Ryka are? I just found out that the new Dynamic were voted best gym shoe. Has anyone tried any of the 3 new shoes? I would love to know how they are because I just might buy a pair or two. I am mostly interested in the shoes that perform well for high impact. Thanks so much. Kim

I bought the Influence by Ryka which is the newest shoe. Love it. So light and fits my fit well. I need a wide toe box but a show that is snug on the heel and this one does the trick. It's black with blue trim and laces. Just so you know, I buy orthodic inserts for all my athletic shoes as I need more support for my arch. I buy Aerotex inserts.

Good luck,

Wow, this thread couldn't have been more timely. I was just eyeing both the Dynamic and Influence on Amazon this weekend. I love how the Ryka Transition fits for lateral and step moves, but I definitely need a new pair and was looking outside my comfort zone @ some of Ryka's other lines.

I would love to hear feedback on either of these!

I bought the Influence by Ryka which is the newest shoe. Love it. So light and fits my fit well. I need a wide toe box but a show that is snug on the heel and this one does the trick. It's black with blue trim and laces. Just so you know, I buy orthodic inserts for all my athletic shoes as I need more support for my arch. I buy Aerotex inserts.

Good luck,

Where do you get your inserts from. I have been having inner knee pain which they say is coming from a flat arch on that foot. :(

Where do you get your inserts from. I have been having inner knee pain which they say is coming from a flat arch on that foot. :(

You can get that at the Walking Co. under a their in-store brand but it's the same orthodic. They will have you stand on a machine to measure the pressure points (lack of PP) of your foot and that will guide you to the correct orthodic.

Best,
-M

I notice from the new pictures from the step workout, some are wearing cute blue ones and the others have white ones on. Wonder what kind they are. . .

Is anyone else having a hard time finding these shoes? Does Ryka make special colors for the new workouts? I have searched every pair of Rykas I can find and have yet to find blue with pink! I also tried to find a pair that Cathe was wearing in XTrain and couldn't find that color combo either...

You can find the blue/pink combo on Amazon! $72. Free shipping, but may include sales tax, depending on where you live.

HTH!

DSW shoes online has 3 different colors of the Dynamic with a price of $69.95 and one color (black/turquoise) in the Influence shoe with a price of $74.95. Now of course the Ryka website has more colors but you pay more. I've also used ebay in the past but have not looked for the new shoes yet there. I'm waiting to hear more about them before I buy any of the new ones.

Thank you! I never thought of amazon, I figured the ryka website would have all of the options available, but amazon has a lot of color combos to choose from!

Does anyone know how these shoes run size-wise?? I'm a 7 1/2 or 8. I want to order from Amazon but I'm not sure what size I need.

Hi, Jennifer -

I have two pairs of Ryka I ordered from Amazon, and for me they are true to size. I wear an 8M.

Good Luck! HTH!

Is anyone else having a hard time finding these shoes? Does Ryka make special colors for the new workouts? I have searched every pair of Rykas I can find and have yet to find blue with pink! I also tried to find a pair that Cathe was wearing in XTrain and couldn't find that color combo either...

Go to Ryka.com and you can look them up by style The white with pink in the pic on the forum is the influence. I have it in black with blue trim--love it! Of course I use and orthodic insert in all my athletic shoes since I have a high arch and need additional support in that area. I use Aertex which you can find under a house name at the Walking Company.

Best of luck,
-Michele

www.shoes.com have a great selection of Rykas including the Influence as someone inquired about. If you use savings15 you get 15% off plus free shipping! With that discount and free shipping the black/white transpires were the cheapest I've found. Believe it or not I've never owned a pair of black athletic shoes and I've been eyeing these for a while. It's really hard to find just a black or black/white athletic shoe. I plan to use these for my workouts and if it goes well I will be buying another pair for leisure.

BTW..Those same Transpires at DSW.com are on clearence for $39.95. Much bigger savings. I have a pair of them and love them for high impact. They have never hurt my feet, even during hardstrikes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.