New complete upper body tape from the new 6 series?

Penelope

Hi Cathe and team,
I was wondering if you will do a compilation of the upper body exercise from the new 6 series?
I often use the upper body and abs sections of bodymax (my fave tape) for an extra upper body workout. I run a few times per week, and do 3-4 hours of advanced tap dancing per week (often up and down platforms and staircases), and due to time constraints I always fit 2 full body weight workouts and a 3rd that alternates between upper body and full body. So a new full upper body work out would be fab! Here's hoping!
Cheers, Penny (Melbourne, Australia)
Ps congratulations on and thanks for the video steaming of the new vids - I did the time conversion and watched one which was of great assistance in my purchase decision, especially with the extra costs of the international transaction!

Please tell us more about your tap dancing!!!

Dancers have the greatest legs, you know!!! Are you a professional dancer? I've always thought tap dancing looked fun.
happy.gif

You MUST share your story!!! We are relentless in asking for details about stuff that interests us!! Step aerobics must be a cinch for you!
happy.gif

Hi Penelope!

I have always been fascinated by tap dancing. How neat!

Thanks for asking, but as of now we do not have any plans to do this. In any case, whether or not we ever decide to do this, one thing is for sure, we will always be making new strength training videos to add to the collection
happy.gif
!

my tap dancing story...(long - sorry!)

Hello Honeybunch (what a cute name!)

I wish I was a professional dancer! I do train with some professional dancers and they are all very lean and medium to tall in height. Unfortunately, I am built more like an Irish potato farmer (my heritage), shortish and stocky with very muscular legs with curves in the right (and wrong!) places. After regaining fitness and confidence, I fulfilled a long term wish and returned to tap dancing last year at 29 years of age (after a 14 year break), and was able to pick up the skills again relatively quickly!

I learn at Miss Lou Lou's Academy of Tap Dancing (a fun adult tap school in Melbourne, Australia). I now do a class per week of traditional show-style tapping like in the musicals: lots of music, fun costumes, and a very recognisable style. I also do 2-3 hours of Funk Tap, which is inspired by the early African American tappers. This style utilises less music (you make the music with your feet) and often uses steps/platforms and is very aerobic. I now perform at openings and functions in the Miss Lou Lou's Tapping Starlettes and we also have an Annual Extravaganza at a large theatre. Dancing is wonderful for the body and soul and I urge anyone interested to start or return to it.

I stopped dancing at 15 as a) I had the wrong body type and matured early as they say; and b)I hurt my knee doing athletics and still suffer from structurally induced knee problems. A very long period of inactivity followed and after fluctuating madly in weight in my 20's and ending up obese, I have returned to a high level of fitness, a much smaller size and almost ok weight over three years by doing many fitness videos, which now mostly include the recent firms and Cathe's tapes, especially Bodymax ,Step heat and Step Jam. My step skills are good, not great, (I imagine those who are terrific at classical or jazz dance would be better) and I really love Cathe's choreography (thanks Cathe!) and Kari's. And I should say thanks to everyone at VF -yes I am a lurker on VF forum - other's opinions on video's are very important to me with the extra cost of international shipping and the exchange rate.

A very long answer! Cheers, Penny (from Melbourne, Australia)

Miss Lou Lou's Tapping Starlettes!

Oh Penny, that sounds like so much fun! I hope all goes well with the annual extravaganza.

My mom used to do some tap dancing and my grandmother was a professional tap dancer, whose greatest claim to tap fame was that she used to do shows with Buddy Ebsen. They are both short (under 5'2") and I'm on the tall side (5'7") with long legs -- I always thought that being tall was the reason I was so uncoordinated when I tried to do tap. But after reading your description of a typical dancer's physique, I guess I can't use that as an excuse anymore. Ah well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.