Need your opinion

hey Cathe Fans,

I am once again asking you tape experts on your opinion. I am currently ordering two tapes, one is Body Max becuase I feel like I could get a total, complete body workout, but I am stuck on the second one I want to order. I am getting married in June and my dress is strapless and I already have decent looking arms, but I really want the "cut", can you guys recommend what tape would get me this "cut", PS, SH, keep in mind, I already have good size arms, so I really don't want to add any mass to them.

Also Can you guys tell me the difference between interval max and circuit max? I think I made order a third and i am undecided on these also.

Thanks so much, and may everyone have a safe and happy holiday!

Lori

Hmmmm...if you don't want to add mass you may want to try Power Hour which uses light weights and high reps. Personally, I've had luck getting the "cut" from both S&H and PS but I also got some mass with these tapes. CTX is also a good series for the cut, again these tapes use lighter weights high reps. I think the biggest key to getting the cut is a clean diet - the hardest thing for me :) !

As for Imx and Cmx - Imx is interval training alternating 10 aerobic and anerobic intervals. Cmx is circuit training alternating cardio segments with light (5 & 8 lb dumbells ) weight training with no resting in between. The cardio consists of hi-lo, kickbox and step. Both tapes are tough but fun.

Hope this helps. CONGRATS on you're upcoming nuptials!!!

Lorrie

RE: I agree with lorax

Power Hour is the tape you should get if you want more definition and if you want to avoid the extra muscle mass you would gain with the PS Series and S&H. And if you're undecided between Circuit Max and Interval Max I would say buy Interval Max because it's a different type of workout that shocks your body into fat burning mode much easier than Cathe's other cardio tapes. Not that the rest of the cardio tapes are not awesome because they are is just that Interval Max is THE MUST HAVE when you're trying to get out of weight loss plateaus. Of course the tape is pretty darn tough. It has 10 intervals and each interval consists of 6 sets of step aerobics choreography, a couple of mins of high intensity high impact aerobics (that will shock your muscles and will increase the production of Human Growth Hormone in your body so you burn more calories and fat), and a recovery phase. I am currently doing it once a week and the results are awesome. Good luck and congratulations!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-01 AT 08:37PM (Est)[/font][p]I'd have to agree that Power Hour would be the way to go for the cut, along with a clean diet! I just finished a 6 week rotation with Power Hour and I loved it!! As for IMax and CMax....IMax is a tough cardio workout, great for plateau busting has 10 intervals, each interval consisting of some basic, but intense choreography on the stepp and a shorter interval blasts, also using the step along with some plyometric moves. CMax I feel is equally intense, but just a different type of workout. It has 6 circuits, each consisting of a 5 minute cardio routine, followed by a 2 minute compound strength workout. The cardio sections contain 2 hi/lo, 2 kickbox and 2 step routines. By compound I mean, for example, you're doing squats at the same time you're doing bicep curls with dumbells. The strength portions generally use 5-8 lb dumbells. Some find this workout difficult to incorporate into rotations b/c the strength portion isnt a "true" upper body strength routine for some people. However, what I do is to use CMax as a way to incorporate a cardio day with a leg workout. So instead of doing squats along with bicep curls, I'll just do the squats with a barbell on my shoulders as Cathe does in her other leg tapes. So I basically dont do the upper body workout at all. Both are great tapes...let us know what you decide!! Congrats!!

:) Stacy

Well I have decided to go with Power Hour and Interval Max. Thanks for all your opinions, even though I've watched the previews on the tape,read the description, its so hard to make up my mind, so your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.