Need your input!

I wasn’t sure where to post this thread, so I decided this forum would perhaps be the best place. I really would appreciate this educated, fit crowd’s input. I am having a hysterectomy on 17 October. I have multiple fibroid tumors, a couple the size of golf balls. The procedure will be an abdominal incision. Hopefully I can keep my ovaries if they see I don’t have endometriosis. I have been reading posts from other women on another website, and so many of them report that they still have swollen midsections even after a year. Also many report that they gained 10-15 lbs within a couple of months. Some had “total” hysterectomies and some had “partials”. They really don’t say what their fitness levels were like prior to the surgeries. So I hoped someone here could tell me of their experience. I am a personal trainer and aerobic instructor (not my full-time job- My full time job is behind a computer or in meetings all day). I am fit (almost have a six pack), am 35 years old, and have never had children. I would love for anyone tell me their experience with the swelling, perhaps how they minimized it, and their weight gain or losses. I am getting so nervous. The more I read the worse it gets! Thanks in advance for your time and input.

I personally don't have experience with this but I just wanted to wish you the best through this operation.
Our best wishes are with you and I am sure you will be able to get back to the way your body is now.

I don't have any experience with this either, but someone here does and will post for you, don't worry!

Generally, I can tell you that a fit, healthy person heals and recovers from procedures quicker. Keep up the good work and I bet you won't have any issues or minor ones, at worst.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.