Necklaces!

Kathryn,

We have something in common. I also make necklaces. Haven't got any photos though. I love your necklaces! You are very skilled.;)

Janie

Kathryn, by reading the comments it seems you are in the Twin Cities. If you ever use seed beads you should go to Storm Cloud Trading Company. The woman who owns it is not very nice to the patrons, but they have the best selection of seed beads I have ever seen. Since I like to weave with seed beads I put up with her to have the selection and decent prices.

Kathryn, by reading the comments it seems you are in the Twin Cities. If you ever use seed beads you should go to Storm Cloud Trading Company. The woman who owns it is not very nice to the patrons, but they have the best selection of seed beads I have ever seen. Since I like to weave with seed beads I put up with her to have the selection and decent prices.
Nope, not in the Twin Cities (one of my "friends" is). I'm amidst the corn and soybean fields in Illinois.
Seed beads are one thing I don't like. The smallest I like to use are "E" beads (size 6). I just find the smaller ones too frustrating to work with and 'picky'.

They are all beautiful. Did u take a class? I Love the one with charms.

Carmen
I did a lot of reading, watched some DVDs, then took some classes to get over the fear of starting and actually put theory into practice.

We just learned basic bead stringing in my classes, nothing about making bead links or incorporating chain into things. I haven't made any strung neclaces for a while, but I should get back into that, since I have a necklace idea in mind that uses strung beads. (I've had some unsuccessful crimping experiences, so prefer using chain and jump rings).

The techinques I use now I picked up from the books and DVD's, and also practiced by using instructions from sites like www.eebeads.com (they have directions for making a variety of jewelry pieces using materials they sell, along with a way to quickly buy the materials). An Eebeads necklace was my first time working with chain and bead links, so I'd consider them another one of my instructors.

Last edited:
Very nice Kathryn, quite accomplished! What a woman of may talents! I never wear necklaces and wouldn't have the patience for all those beads...but my fave was top row, far left. What do you do in your spare time?!?!?!?!?!

Clare

FYI: I just finished another two-necklace set and put the photos in my Facebook album (see link above).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.