My son's brown belt test

dlavie

Cathlete
In a previous thread, i told you about my son's Brown Belt test. My son is 19yo and autistic. He has studied Shojin Ryu karate for 3 years now.

The test went over 3 hours. He and 2 other students were called up to perform their katas as if the whole belt test depended on it. My son did a kata called Rohi.

The video of his kata and the belt award is at http://david.lavie.googlepages.com follow the link My Videos

it is a 9meg download.

If you want you can also see my daughter's ice skating videos. She's 19 as well. She had a late start at figure skating (played hockey until 16). Her coach thinks she could make it into the national levels in a year or two.

My children will bankrupt me.

Wow, Scott is awesome! Please congratulate him for me. I checked out your daughter's videos, too, and I'll be watching for her on the national scene. I love skating. I wish I could do that -- your DD makes it look easy. She looks lovely on the ice.

Wow, that's great. Congratulations on a job well done. Congratulations to you too. You have raised two talented children. Best of luck to them in their endeavors.

Jean

Hi Dave,
He did great!! Congrats to him--that is such an accomplishment! Both of my kids take karate now and it is such a wonderful outlet!
ITA with what you've posted previously, finding the right sensei is everything. I'm so grateful for the one we found. Thanks for posting-

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Dave--I'm afraid our dial-up connection is too slow to view your children's videos, but I'll take everyone's word for it that their great. Congratulations on their accomplishments:7

Maggie:)

Thanks for all the congrats. I will share them with the kids.

I am very proud of my kids. My wife and I have put a lot of effort into supporting their dreams and it's great to see them achieve some of them. Its' been their effort and drive that get them their accomplishments.

Thank you for the opportunity to share with you.

Dave, I just got back from vacation and almost missed this post. I'm so glad I caught it. Congratulations to you, your wife and your talented and beautiful kids. Boast on!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.