My latest fashion rant--kimono sleeves!

LauraMax

Cathlete
Almost as bad as dolman sleeves! When did the fashion industry all of a sudden want everyone to wear baggy, flowing clothing? What's next, the muumuu makes a comeback?

I even saw some exercise tops at my health club w/kimono sleeves. WTH? How can you even workout in something with all that flowy material?

Surely you're joking. Please say you're joking. And people wonder why I hate to shop.

I know it! I've seen them in stores too lately. Between the huge peasant tops making a comeback and now this...no wonder I stick to jeans and a T!

Oh, and the leggings revisited! I was in a Hollister store with my dd and all the mannequins had on leggings with the short skirts. Ack!

BWWWAHHHHH!!! The muumuu ;-) Oh yeah...I'm personally gonna try to bring that one back! You laugh, but if Jennifer Aniston or some other A-list celebrity wore one -- YOU KNOW tons of impressionable girls/women would run out and buy one.

When is BIG HAIR coming back? I've been waiting for it to come back around.

Shonie
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3655618&

Hey all.

My wedding dress had long sheer sleeves that started out tapered at the shoulder and got wider/flowy as they went down and then the material split at the elbow and continued down far past the length of my arm. My girls dresses had a similar sleeve except theirs went to their wrist and stopped (with no split). Both were VERY lovely. Sounds like this is atleast similar to the kind of sleeve you are referring to and while I'll agree with for work out clothes, as well as some other situations, this type of sleeve is ridiculous...I don't find it unattractive in the least! I also own a couple of peasant tops I bought a couple of years ago that fit snug...not all loose and hanging. I like them as well.

Guess I'm the odd man out here...I don't see what's so bad about that and I don't dress like an old lady in the least!!! :p

Oh now, that's a cute top! Not even in the same category. What I don't like is the big, huge, billowing sleeves. Why are clothes getting so huge again?

And...have clothing manufacturer's resized their patterns? I used to always buy tops/shirts in size medium because I have broader shoulder's than most women my size. The last two shopping trips I have bought new shirts in size small...I never wear anything in a size small for a top because my bust/shoulder's don't fit.

So why now am I a size small? Is it all a marketing ploy so women feel better about themselves when they buy a size small or a size 00? Has anyone else noticed this of late? And no, I have not lost weight, my bust hasn't shrunken, or anything like that. I have been the same size for eons.

That is cute, albeit not aerodynamic. :p Bell sleeves though, not kimono sleeves. I love bell sleeves, epecially on long sleeved tees.

Well, I'm not too sure about EVERYTHING being baggy and flowing. I just read an article in New York Times that the real skinny jeans are back.
JaneJ

Oh, I saw that skinny jean article, too. Actually, my first reaction was how ugly they looked.

Kimono sleeves on workout tops? Couldn't you catch them in the weight machines?

Skinny jeans?!? Oh cr@p.

Those "bell" sleeves are about 3 times wider than most of my sleeves... feel like kimono sleeves to me, I guess!!! LOL :p

I don't understand the "skinny" jean thing...what is that supposed to be? I saw a pair of jeans in Old Navy the other night that were called "skinny jeans"...I almost tried them on out of blatant curiousity but decided to pass...what's the deal? How are they different?

Clueless minds want to know!:p

I don't know, Tig, but it seems to me that anything "skinny" combined with anything "jeans" is just a changing room disaster waiting to happen.

LOL...now I'm gonna HAVE to go back to Old Navy and try those darned jeans on! I gotta see this! Maybe I'll bring my camera and take a pic for y'all!

ROTFLMAO!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.