My "Everything" Hardcore Rotation

Hello all,

Last night I couldn't sleep so I fiddled with some rotation ideas and came up with something really good, I think.:)

I wanted to use all 10 Hardcores in a week (not easy). I also wanted to cover all aspects of fitness... total body weights, split weights, flexibility, core work, plenty of cardio, even a circuit.

This is what I've come up with. It requires working out seven days straight and then having a rest day and starting all over, which I'm prepared to do. }(

1) Muscle Max
2) Imax 2 (or 3!) + Stretch Max (choice of segment)
3) Gym Style: Chest & Triceps ~ Timesaver Premix + Kick Max ~ Low Impact Timesaver Premix
4) Gym Style: Legs + Core Max (choice of segment)
5) Gym Style: Back, Shoulders & Biceps ~ Timesaver Premix + Low Max ~ Step Only Premix
6) Imax 3 + Stretch Max (choice of segment)
7) High Step Challenge + Core Max (choice of segment)
8) REST

I hope somebody can find this helpful and of use. :7

Kelly

RE: My

Thanks Karen! :D I'm totally addicted to this series. Cathe's really outdone herself IMHO. I haven't even been eating that great lately and I'm still seeing results/improvement.

Kelly ;-)

Hi Kelly!

Are the gym-styles short, so that you can add on cardio? It's hard for me to get more than an hour to work out. But I think your rotation looks really good. I love the Intensity Series and often so only that as a rotation. I may print out this rotation, as it looks really interesting to me.

Anyway, have a good one.:7

Karen,

I used the premixes because of time constraints. :)

GS: C&T Timesaver Premix is 32 minutes. (There is also a C&T Superset Premix that is 31 minutes). So, after this I did Kick Max Low Impact Timesaver and my total workout time was 80 minutes.

GS: BSB Timesaver Premix is 36 minutes. (There is also a Back & Bi's Premix that's 35 minutes). I added on Low Max step only premix so my total workout time was also 80 minutes.

If I don't have time to do both workouts I split them up and do one in the am and one in the pm. :p

HTH,

Kelly:+

P.S. I also love the Intensity Series!! :D I am actually playing around with some rotation ideas using the IS and HC's together. I really miss the Pyramids!;( But, I'm just soooo addicted to the Hardcores right now LOL!:7

Hi Kelly,

Wow! 80 minutes. That is so cool that you put in that time -- even if you have to break it up. 60 - 70 minutes is pretty much my tops, unforunately and sometimes I have trouble even getting in that.:+

The Intensity Series was really my first foray into Cathe's workouts -- and of course now I'm addicted. Will have to get the rest of the Hardcore series -- just ordered more pure cardio from Cathe with Cardio Hits.

Have fun with your rotation. Like I said I'm going to print it out. Looks really good -- and I do have the TimeSaver.

:7

Hi Karen!

The Intensity Series was my first taste of Cathe's work too!! ;-) LOVED it immediately. I'd FIRMed since I was about 15 (1990) then I ventured into FitPrime when it started up... but I'm proud to say that I haven't even touched my FIRMs/FPs since I started doing Cathe a year ago!! }( Cathe exceeds those others in every way... I just wish I hadn't been scared to try her for so long LOL! :7

I'm really loving my Hardcores though. I don't think this series has gotten the praise it deserves. I think it's extremely creative and the variety and rotation options are endless.

I usually prefer the workouts that are about 60-70 minutes but lately I've been adding on a segment of Stretch Max and Core Max. The 20 minutes seems to really fly by during these. :) Once we have kids (we're newly married as of Valentine's Day) I know my workout time will be greatly limited so I'm taking advantage right now LOL!!

Have a great weekend and if you're a mom, HAPPY MOM'S DAY!!! :D

Kelly

I like what you've done! I sometimes do rotations that go up to 9 days - like everything I just experiment! But this looks really good, fun and well thought out! I think I'll have to remember this for when I complete my current rotation. Thanks for posting it!

Jo

No problem at all Jo!! ;-) Glad to help!!

I love to make up rotations in my spare time. I just finished my first eight days of this and I really am enjoying myself. DH says I look leaner too!! So COOL!:+

Kelly

Hi Kelly,
I just wanted to tell you what a WONDERFUL job you did on this rotation!! Like you I am loving this series!! I did 2.5 months of Cathe rotation and took a recovery week, and now I am doing one body part per day with the GS plus I add PP/SS to back and shoulders then 30-45 min. of cardio of my choice. I started this last week, but GOSH dang it!! Now I saw this rotation LOL. I am going to stick with the one body part for another 2 weeks and see what happens, but what do you think if I do this one after??? Do you think I need a change from my Hardcores? Or can I keep going with them?? I am really in love with the GS's. I don't have the desire to do anything else at this time. Totally AGREE with EVERYTHING you posted above!!

Take care,

~Nicole

Thank you for the wonderful comments Nicole!! ;-) You're very sweet!!

I was fiddling with yet another rotation (I've got to get a life LOL!) last night since I also am "really in love with the GS's". I want to do plenty of weights but also plenty of cardio since my body responds well to this. Plus, we are going on our honeymoon in 10 days so I want to kick it up a notch before that! }( :p

Check this out. I used Cathe's May One Body Part a Day as a guide, but used the Hardcores.

BACK: GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps ~ Warmup/Back + Muscle Max ~ Back/Stretch + Low Max ~ #1-4 Premix + Core Max #1 (94 minutes)

CHEST: GS Chest & Triceps ~ Warmup/Chest + Muscle Max ~ Chest/Stretch + Kick Max ~ Kickbox Bootcamp Premix (87 minutes)

LEGS: GS Legs + one segment of Stretch Max (87 minutes)

SHOULDERS: GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps ~ Warmup/Shoulders + Muscle Max ~ Shoulders/Stretch + Imax 3 ~ Step Only Premix + Core Max #2 (81 minutes)

BICEPS: GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps ~ Warmup/Biceps only + Muscle Max ~ Biceps/Stretch + Kick Max ~ Cardio Leg Sculpt Premix
(81 minutes)

TRICEPS: GS Chest & Triceps ~ Warmup/Triceps + Muscle Max ~ Triceps/Stretch + Low Max ~ #4-7 Premix + Core Max #3 (98 minutes)

REST

I'm starting this in the morning. I did Imax 3 #1-5 premix this morning and Stretch Max #1. Sunday I did Muscle Max (LOVE IT!).

HTH,

Kelly :7

ETA: I think you can keep going with your HC's. I think if you just change your focus a bit it will shock your body. I just LOVE this series.... the rotation options are endless!!:+ }(

Hey Thanks Kelly,
I am going to do your rotation for one body part for the next 2 weeks!!:D Hey you have a knack for rotations!! Keep them coming!! :7

Thanks again,
((HUGS))
~Nicole

P:S: Congrats on your up coming wedding, and I hope you have a WONDERFUL time on your honeymoon!!

Thanks Nicole!! :) You're way too kind!!

We got married on Valentine's Day (we had entered a contest in a local newspaper and won along with nine other couples)... we found out on January 28, the contest deadline. Things were planned out for us so it was really easy. So, within about two weeks, we were married!! :D Being as things happened so quickly, we didn't get a chance to plan our work schedules around the wedding so we weren't able to go away for a honeymoon immediately afterwards. So, we're really excited to be going away soon. I have a seminar to travel to for work when we get back so I get to get away twice LOL!! :7

Regarding the rotations, I just LOVE to make them up!!! In my spare time I just play around on paper creating new ways to use my videos. It's great fun! I do plan on posting more of them as I've had some great feedback so far. Thank you! ;-)

((HUGS)) back!!

Kelly

I've altered days 3 and 7 of my rotation slightly to allow for more stretching. I totally LOVE Stretch Max!! Check it out. I'm on day 3 tomorrow. :) My chest is getting pretty sore from this morning!!!

BACK: GS BS&B ~ Warmup and Back + Muscle Max ~ Back and Cooldown stretch + Low Max #1-4 premix + Core Max #1

CHEST: GS C&T ~ Warmup and Chest + Muscle Max ~ Chest and Cooldown Stretch + Kick Max ~ Kickbox Bootcamp premix

LEGS: Muscle Max ~ Warmup and Standing Leg Segments + GS Legs ~ Standing Legs and Stretch + Stretch Max #1

SHOULDERS: GS BS&B ~ Warmup and Shoulders + Muscle Max ~ Shoulders and Cooldown stretch + Imax 3 ~ Step only premix + Core Max #2

BICEPS: GS BS&B ~ Warmup and Biceps + Muscle Max ~ Biceps and Cooldown stretch + Kick Max ~ Cardio Leg Sculpt premix

TRICEPS: GS C&T ~ Warmup and Triceps + Muscle Max ~ Triceps and Cooldown stretch + Low Max #4-7 premix + Core Max #3

LEGS: GS Legs ~ Warmup Floorwork and Stretch + Stretch Max # 2 AND #3

HTH,
Kelly:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back