My Comparison - Bare Minerals vs. Sheer Cover

BAM

Cathlete
I've been using Bare Minerals for several years and have liked the way it looks on my skin and I've gotten compliments. After reading the posts here about how people mentioned that it emphasized lines on their face, it got me to pay attention more to mine. I don't have fine lines but have laugh lines. I wanted to try Everyday Minerals but I prefer talking to a human rather than ordering online and could not find a phone number for them. (If anyone has a number, would you mind listing it because I still would like to give them a try?) So I decided to try Sheer Cover. I have to say that my skin tone & texture looks better. My laugh lines are not as emphasized and my pores are not as clogged. My skin is just plain clearer. I also want to add that a few days after using Sheer Cover, I started using a spray toner by Herban Remedies which I really love. I'm sure that has helped also but I know that not using Bare Minerals has made a change for the better. I know we're all different and will get different results but to those who have experienced what I have, I thought this info could be useful. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Happy mineraling!:7
Bam

Thanks for posting this. I've been curious about Sheer Cover and everything I found was negative so I had pretty much written it off. I'm glad to hear something positive.:)

Just thought I would add my two cents to your post since I have been using mineral make up for a few years now and have tried a few brands.

One thing that came up in your post that people should be aware of when purchasing mineral make-up is that they are not all the same. Bare Minerals does not seem to work well with some people's skin. I hear people describe "itching" or it makes them break out. I break out when I use Bare Minerals. Of course I have the type of skin that breaks out with most any type of foundation.

The reason a lot of mineral make up bothers people is that many brands use talcs or similiar fillers in their make up. Those type of things harbor bacteria. I know some people swear by Bare Minereals but if you have sensitive skin that breaks out easy like mine does I would suggest using Larenim or another brand. I think many people buy Bare Minerals because their marketing is excellant but there are other cheaper and more pure brands out there.

I use Everyday Minerals right now and I love it. The website does have a customer service email. If you email them, they email you right back and they are very helpful. I don't remember if they send a phone number with the email, but if you ask them, they may. I found the email to be enough however, as they answered my questions quickly and clearly. And the price is right, too.
I will likely go off the Everyday in the winter, as my skin gets too dry for powders (except for quick errands on the weekends). Then I switch to Origins Original Skin, which I generally blend with a little moisturizer for daytime wear. I find the Origins makes my skin look perfect, and it is less full of fillers and junk than other makeups.
Definitely give the Everyday Minerals a try - they also have tester kits you can get - for FREE. I've recommended them to several people.

I just ordered my free sample kit...woo hoo!! Thanks for the suggestion NY25. I have been looking for a change and am ready to feel beautiful again...darn ole wrinkles!!x( }(
duck

Heehee...I just ordered a free sample kit as well! Thanks for the info on it. I love companies that do free samples, or even small cheaper trial sizes. I hate to buy a full size product and find out that the color is wrong or that I just don't like it!

I LOVE Everyday minerals. I got the sample kit when someone on this site recommended it and that's all I use now. I also used to breakout a little if I kept using Bare Minerals foundation everyday. Not with Everyday minerals. I definitely suggest the sample kit and you can get one with every order which is awesome.

What shade did all of you order? I have a medium to light skin tone. I don't have time to go on their site now but if I recall correctly, they had many to choose from.

Thanks.
Bam

I have a light peaches/cream skintone and I am a "cool" color person so I went with that color chart and "Fair Medium" worked perfect for me from my sample collection. I just ordered a full size. With the sample collection you get to pick 3 foundation samples so you are bound to find one.

Thanks for this post. I've been using bare minerals for 2 years now and I started to break out. I mean I would get a pimple from time to time but when I turned 26(around the time I started using the make-up) I would get these big nasty ones. Which I couldnt understand why. I changed my diet, protein shakes, even bought Pro Acvtive, I never thought it would be my make-up because they say bare minerals is "good for you skin". So I kept using it. Any other suggestions n non mineral make-up. Thanks.

http://www.picturetrail.com/alio0026

I'm rather fair, so I use the Multi-Tasking Neutral foundation and the Finishing Dust (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE). I have caught myself noticing my skin in the mirror - even when not wearing makeup. I've always had "good" skin, but it's even better since using this stuff.

For the non-mineral, liquid makeup- I use Origins Original skin, medium coverage (available online) in Paperwhite. It's the exact color of my skin. They better never discontinue it!!

Thanks for the recommendation of the Everyday Minerals! I have tried several samples and I have switched from Bare Minerals (after 5 years) to Everyday Minerals. I have super sensitive skin and after 2 weeks-no breakouts! I love this product for the price and for the free samples. My favorite foundation is the intensive in fair medium and the Multi task concealer. The Apple blush is real subtle too. The Bare Minerals eyeshadow color Blush was my favorite. I am still looking for a good basic eye shadow. That may be the only thing that I will not switch. Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.