Music

Autumn68

Cathlete
Cathe :D
I know you usually don't repeat music in the workouts, but I really love the music in the first half of the 4 day split kickboxing dvd, and the bootcamp (same dvd) as well. It's really motivating. I hope you will consider using music like that.
Autumn:)

Speaking of music, I would really love to hear the theme song from Madagascar: "I like to move it move it... physicaly fit, physicaly fit.. " etc. That is a great song and it would be so appropriate for the STS cardio! :)
Just a fun suggestion..
Krasy

I haven't been here forever and deleted all the emails without even reading them... I'm curious, has anything been said about what kind of music will be used in the new step workout? I'd love something along the lines of Rhythmic Step or Step Blast.

All right I'll jump on this "band wagon". The opening song to BootCamp from the Intensity Series is awesome. I did the BootCamp challenge way back in the day. I remember not even wanting to workout and then making myself put the tape in (yes...I had it on vhs when I first got it!) and the warmup music would come on and I'd be raring and ready to go! It'd just motivate and some how energize me to no end! It was great! I miss that feeling!

We got a sneak peak into the music for the Shock Cardio step routine during the Road Trip this weekend (music only, not any of the moves) - it's awesome!! Good mixture of dance-y type tracks, very cool.

We got a sneak peak into the music for the Shock Cardio step routine during the Road Trip this weekend (music only, not any of the moves) - it's awesome!! Good mixture of dance-y type tracks, very cool.

Is it all original (i.e., composed specifically for STS Cardio), Jolene?

I was thinking the music that is in the "15 seconds of fame" video would be awesome!!! I love music with lyrics... gives me something to sing along to. Nothing like a little buttercup! :p

Gosh, trust me Angie, I would SO LOVE LOVE LOVE that music too, but unfortunately that music is not legally available for DVD use without HUGE licensing fees, lengthy application and approval process per song (which can take months with no guarantees for song use at the end of the wait), outrageous royalty fees and of course an extreme amount of money. And it gets even more complicated...the music for DVD has different licensing requirements than that of TV use, radio use, download use, etc. So all of this work above has to be done slightly differently per media application....

Sadly, the pro's just don't outweigh the cons for us in these cases.

I was thinking the music that is in the "15 seconds of fame" video would be awesome!!! I love music with lyrics... gives me something to sing along to. Nothing like a little buttercup! :p

I figured this was probably the case... one can dream though, right? I'm sure whatever you decide will be fantastic quality no matter what!! :)

Gosh, trust me Angie, I would SO LOVE LOVE LOVE that music too, but unfortunately that music is not legally available for DVD use without HUGE licensing fees, lengthy application and approval process per song (which can take months with no guarantees for song use at the end of the wait), outrageous royalty fees and of course an extreme amount of money. And it gets even more complicated...the music for DVD has different licensing requirements than that of TV use, radio use, download use, etc. So all of this work above has to be done slightly differently per media application....

Sadly, the pro's just don't outweigh the cons for us in these cases.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.