Music Questions in Recent DVDs

miller2917

Cathlete
I'll start by saying I like the upbeat music in the new DVD's!! My question is why do you have to now change the words to popular songs to put them in your videos? You're early stuff had original artist. Just curious.

Years ago you could license some original songs, but that hasn't been the case for many years now. iTunes kind of changed everything in the recording industry and record companies are just not making their songs available for video sync licenses anymore.

Honestly, I'd rather have changed lyrics to the songs than original, bland instrumentals. I wasn't very happy with the music in the Low Impact Series. Found it boring and unmotivating. But the music in the two new workouts is exactly what I was expecting from Cathe: catchy and inspiring. Good job!!!

Me too. Or a version of those in step blast and step jump pump! Loved that.. abracadabra song and kung fu fighting song. Lol. Fun also.

The same music company that made the Music for CrossFire and To The Max is also making the Music for XTRAIN. So I think you will be pleased.

Yeah!!! I love the music to CrossFire aned TTM!! Thanks SNM and Cathe! Any chance we can get more music to download from itunes?

I'm working very closely with the DJ on this project (just as I did with TTM and CF). He and I have awesome music chemistry which keeps things moving along very quickly. I have already approved many fun catchy current remixes for the new workouts. LOVE THEM!!!

Cathe, that's awesome!!!! I loooove the music in TTM and CF!!! I still think you should add LMFAO's "sexy and I know it" song! Don't know if it's the right bpm or anything for the workouts, but it would be awesome if it was in a workout.

My only criticism of the music was using that god-awful Rihanna song in any way! That song is singularly one of the worst recorded pieces of "music" ever put down. The words are so bad, stupid and repetitive that unfortunately even when I hear just the music it becomes the ear-worm from hell (even the music is just one chorus repeated over and over and over and....). Just because it's played on the radio, doesn't make it good. Luckily, that DVD is way too high impact for me now, so I'm not in danger of hearing the song - haha!

sunsdaughter said:
Cathe, that's awesome!!!! I loooove the music in TTM and CF!!! I still think you should add LMFAO's "sexy and I know it" song! Don't know if it's the right bpm or anything for the workouts, but it would be awesome if it was in a workout.

Much agreed! That would be fun! "I work out!" :)

I love all the songs in cf and ttm. I also thought I heard some lady gagga. I use to not get her. . But. Her songs are great to jog to and I. Loved it in ttm.. I think that is where I heard it. When I jog I have all her songs on the playlist.. oh well I also have a remix oof rod Stewart hot legs and do. Ya thinkk I'm sexy lol. I was 10 when I heard those lmbo.

sunsdaughter said:

I was doing TTM last night and think I heard this song...has the word "shuffle" in it. Oh I was shuffling, huffing, puffing, sweating....all the 'ings... :).

I'm pretty sure I heard a remake of Pink's song "Raise your glass" in the new workouts. I love that song! Pink rocks.
Did a workout this morning that had "I wanna rock" without the words in the shock cardio series. Cathe has great taste in music. In fact the whole reason I ever even started using her workouts was because of the intro music to Bootcamp (original) and the Paint it black remix at the end of Step Blast. I ordered them simply because of the music. Had no idea that I would work so hard and I loved it because of the music. Step Blast was my first step workout. I had no interest in step until I mastered that one because of that song at the end. Now I love complicated step workouts. lol. wow taken me back!

I personally believe Cathe leads the video fitness industry by a long shot when it comes to music (she leads in a lot of other categories too, but I won't get into that here ;)). I have a lot of workout vids, and although I'm not the type of person that really get's affected by music (it does not make/break the workout) I truly feel no one holds a candle to Cathe and her music selection.

IMO, the music in Crossfire and TTM, matched perfectly with the high impact plyo/tabata/hiit segments. Just when you want to quit (or die :eek:) a high energy part of the music plays, and it magically gives you that little "boost" to keep you going. I guess music does affect me more than I think it does :D

Natasha

mini-natty said:
I personally believe Cathe leads the video fitness industry by a long shot when it comes to music (she leads in a lot of other categories too, but I won't get into that here ;)). I have a lot of workout vids, and although I'm not the type of person that really get's affected by music (it does not make/break the workout) I truly feel no one holds a candle to Cathe and her music selection.

IMO, the music in Crossfire and TTM, matched perfectly with the high impact plyo/tabata/hiit segments. Just when you want to quit (or die :eek:) a high energy part of the music plays, and it magically gives you that little "boost" to keep you going. I guess music does affect me more than I think it does :D

Natasha

Natasha -

I agree with you about Cathe's great music, whether it's vocal or instrumental, it always helps me along.. Recently I was doing a tabata/plyo video by another instructor and she said to let the beat of the music push you to do more or something like that. That comment was SO unmotivating for two reasons: (1) she never stopped talking, so I could barely hear the music (2) the beat was fine, but the music itself wasn't anything to make me want to jump higher (it was the workout equivalent of elevator music). I'll do this workout again because it was reasonably challenging, but it's not like I can't wait to do it again. I won't be doing it any time soon, though, because I can't stop doing CF and TTM. :)

Oh, and as workout music goes, anybody remember the music from the original step rebook video (the industrial set and the musicians on site playing the drums)? Now that music could really get me going...I thought it was truly awesome.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.