Music on new DVDS

Dml

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I was just wondering what type of music will be on the new DVDS? Will it be the "good stuff" or will it be mostly techno music? Thanks a bunch.
Blessings,
Denise

Please no more techno stuff!! Can we have the same type of music as the Intensity Series?

The best music on any workout I have ever done is on the latest wo's from BB - Turbo Jam. Something like that would be fantastic!!!!!

Thanks,
Liz

I personally don't mind "good techno," but the electronic country stuff that opens Low Impact Step is absolutely the worst music I've ever heard in a workout (I feel like I should get a bad woman's mullet, start smoking and get yellow teeth--with a few missing-- and move into a mobile home to be able to appreciate it;-) )

"I feel like I should get a bad woman's mullet, start smoking and get yellow teeth--with a few missing-- and move into a mobile home to be able to appreciate it;-)"

Kathryn: you are hilarious! What an image.........

Yup: another vote against techno. Boring, mindless, totally unmotivating, nothing to get your teeth into....

Clare

Hi. I love on your DVD's when the music can be muted. I change tunes everyday. Any chance that feature will be available? Thanks. Coleen

>Please no more techno stuff!! Can we have the same type of
>music as the Intensity Series?
>
>The best music on any workout I have ever done is on the
>latest wo's from BB - Turbo Jam. Something like that would be
>fantastic!!!!!
>
>Thanks,
>Liz

I liked the music in the Intensity Series best.
Body Blast has good songs too, but there isnt one called Turbo Jam.

Susan C.M.

Ahhh, the good ole music topic. Unfortunately, there is no pleasing everyone. Whenever we do new workouts, I always try to pick a nice variety of whatever the current availability is. Its the best I can do :)

Am I the only one who likes the techno stuff? I think I like pretty much anything on the workouts except the techno country stuff and the musak(sp?).
Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! I like techno stuff too. Although I'm not a fan of country, I thought the opening song to Low Impact Step was a nice compromise. It was catchy and, like it or not, I found myself humming it during the day, yikes :eek:

Psst, I like it too. Hmm, all I can say is it gets me going a bit, must be the beat. I do the same thing with the first tune in Cardio and Weights. Of course, Cathe you always catch me singing along in the workout where during flys you say, stop singing and concentrate. :eek:

I for one love the music you pick! I love being able to sing along to tunes, helps me keep my mind off the pain your inflicting!

" I like techno stuff too. "

Dear Cathe,

No doubt that you can't please everyone :7, but does this mean you'll be using the techno music rather than music like you used in the Body Blast series? "Paint it Black" gets me through the Step Blast challenge so well!!! I LOVE that workout!!!! The music is so much fun and the choreography is inspired! Especially the first and third combos. :) :) :) Step Blast is perfection!! It's my desert island cardio workout.

-Cynthia

Hi Cynthia! I LOVE Paint It Black too. I listened to that over and over again while I was in the choreography phase.

Regarding music selection, I have to pick from whats currently and specifically available for video/DVD licensing plus what works within our budget. As I'm sure you already know, top songs are TIPPY TOP prices. Since we need 10 songs on average per DVD, its pretty much impossible to use all top hits (as much as I would love too). I, like most, am totally driven by great music, and would love nothing more than to just have free reigns to pick and choose whatever top hits I want with no licensing or budget restrictions (a girl can dream, wink). Unfortunately, that is not being realistic, so I do the best I can working with the budget we have.

As for the Intensity series and Body Blast series, I felt like we stumbled on gold when I heard the (reasonably priced) music that was available at the time that we were creating these workouts. Hopefully we will stumble like that again in the future,
:)

Hi Cathe,

I just wanted to say that I agree the Body Blast and Intensity series have really great music. I hope the BBS will be released on a CD too, like the Intensity Series. Actually, I have no complaints as far as music on your DVDs. I recently purchased CTX. That is probably my least favorite, but I don't hate it.

Oh, who cares what the music is, we just want your tough work outs! ;-)

Thanks, Dallas

Hi Cathe,

Thanks for the reply! I certainly understand that you have budget constraints to consider. We're such a demanding group, aren't we!?!?

I'm preordering regardless. I have nearly all your workouts already and I must have these, too.

Thanks for doing what you do so well!!! :) :) :)

-Cynthia

>Hi. I love on your DVD's when the music can be muted. I
>change tunes everyday. Any chance that feature will be
>available? Thanks. Coleen

I think this is the best way to go, especially with weights-only workouts, so Cathe doesn't have to please everyone.

I agree with Cathe about the Body Blast series music. I LOVED some of the non-recognizable songs. I really liked the techno song that finishes combo 1/starts combo 2 in Step Blast, for example.

Some of the top hits I could have actually lived without...such as Mariah Carey and the Rolling Stones...blah. Just give me high energy and I'm ready to sweat. The CTX series was totally not recognizable but everyone loved it (even other instructors used it!)

So far I've never been disappointed by the music on Cathe's workouts. My intros to Cathe were Rhythmic Step and Power Hour and I love the music on both of those...though I don't recognize a single tune:)

Cathe, for what it's worth I don't listen much to the music. I either am "clearing my head" or listing for your next cue (which believe me I have memorized) the only time I listen to the music is when we are stretching....then it's like ahhhhhhhh.......keep doing what you're doing!!!!!!!!!!

Music is SO important, and for the most part, I've been satisfied w/ what Cathe has chosen. I'm a HUGE house music fan -- the sexier/groovier/dancier the better. There is one song in particular that I love which is on the abs section of Muscle Endurance.

I can do without any of the current/typical music that is played on the radio. Although I don't go to clubs, house music is played there for a reason -- because it moves you. Anna Benson and Tracie Long-Matthews have done a great job of music selection in their workouts. I'm sure Cathe will continue to make music and important part of her workouts :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.