music download sites

wendypa

Cathlete
Does anyone know of any good music download (legal, subscriber fee probably) online? I love downloading new music to cd's and to my mp3 player for running etc...
I know napster now has unlimited downloads for 9.95 a month.
Just wondering if there are any other good ones out there.
thanks
Wendy

Hi, I got this info from my DH:

For just the monthly fee, Napster's downloads are only playable for as long as you are a subscriber. You have to be on-line and use Napster to play your songs, even if you've downloaded them. (www.napster.com)

However, as a subscriber, you can purchase the tracks for $.80 then, you can take them with you, either on CD or put them on your mp3 player.

We have something very similar with RealRhapsody: a monthly fee to listen and then a per track charge to burn to CD. (www.real.com) It's nice because then you can buy only the songs you like on an album and not be stuck paying for the others.

Other places include:
MusicMatch (www.musicmatch.com)
RealPlayer Music Store (www.real.com)
iTunes (www.apple.com/itunes) however the tracks here will not play on a typical mp3 player only on an iPod (unless converted).

Good luck and happy running!

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

You can download music from walmart.com. I use musicmatch.com, but think that I Need the software that came with my Dell MP3 player. Walmart is the lowest cost that I have seen. I do have family that use this one.

Diane Sue

thank you all!

Thanks for the help to all who responded. Now i can get some new tunes to play on my mp3!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.