Muscle Soreness and Weakness

RubySue78

I have just completed week 3 of the updated Rock Bottom Rotation. After week 2 I noticed that my legs hurt more and I had a lot of muscle weakness, like unable to do the workout completely having to modify and unable to do my usual nightly bike ride of a couple of casual miles with my daughter. Is this normal adjustment to a different routine? I also struggle with chronic lyme disease, hypothyroidism, multiple food allergies,, my mitochondria do not regenerate correctly and mold issues. All of which I control as much as I can with diet and exercise. I eat a low carb, high protein, high fat diet due to my "issues", most days I am only able to eat 2 meals. I fast for 16 hours from lunch/dinner to breakfast the next day and at least 5 hours between lunch/dinner each day.
I love to be active but this routine is making me feel more weak then strong.
Thoughts?

It may be too intense a program considering your issues. If your mitochondria cannot regenerate properly perhaps your muscle fibres are not regenerating as they should. I have a friend with ehlers danlos syndrome so she cannot do weight lifting and sticks to Tai chi like exercise for that reason. You may need more carbs to replace what you've expended during these workouts so the weakness may be glycogen depletion. The long fasting may be too much as well for a routine like this. To build muscle you need proper nutrition to support it not that I'm implying you don't eat well but maybe the timing of your nutrients and the ratio of macros etc is off. Just my thoughts. Maybe others can chime in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.