Muscle Endurance Tapes

Ok, I am blonde, what exactly does this mean?? I know you do not get alot of strength gains, so what do you get?? What does this do for your figure?? I am an endomorph, I think, short, and kinda stocky. I want to try the workout Cathe posted to Bobbi awhile back about building endurance. I have always read people with my build should do 3 total body workouts per week, and lots of cardio. Has anyone done these type of rotations, and what were your results?? Thanks.
Lori S.

I am blonde too! Endurance workouts (Body Max, Power Hour, CTX) are designed to help you the muscles to not fatigue while doing functional things. A strength workout will help me lift my heavy grocery bag from the cart to my trunk. An endurance workout will help me hold onto my basket of food while I wait in line at the checkout. Endurance workouts also help the body show more definition. Strength workouts have you doing usually 8-12 reps for usually 2-3 sets with a heavy weight at a slow pace and with longer rests between sets. Endurance workouts use lighter weights, but much higher and faster paced reps and usually little or no rest between sets. To me, endurance workouts are much harder than strength, but I love doing a combination of both. I am of the school of thought that heavy training is great for any body type, but you said in your post you were short and stocky, so if you are afraid of bulking, then endurance workouts might be just the thing for you. Good luck and have fun!
-Jillybean

Hi,

I'd been doing all heavy workouts and was happy with how they changed my shape, but when I finally did a 3-week endurance rotation, I got nice sharp cut lines in my arms and legs that I had not seen before. So if you're motivated by pretty cut lines, by all means work these in sometimes. Kath

Rachel, Power Hour was the endurance tape that made me notice more cuts, after only about the third time I did the tape. And I wasn't even looking for that result, just noticed in the mirror and was surprised. Then I remembered hearing it here before.

However, I'm hooked on heavier workouts and went back to pure strength after 3 weeks of power hour.

I wonder if I looked more cut because my muscles had deflated a little during the time off from heavy lifting though?

Either way, I agree with the person above, that a routine combining both types would be ideal.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.