More Fit People in New Videos?

Open mouth, insert foot!

I believe that Cathe becomes more lean than usual while preparing for her workouts, rehearsing them. She has posted that she tends to be about 5 pounds lighter than her normal weight while she is filming. I am always amazed at her crew, they step their behinds off, and Cedie smiles all along. You'll often find THIS advanced stepper messing up and groaning or screaming depending on how tough Cathe is being!

Do any of you recall a certain insensitive poster when CTX came out? She thought Cathe should lose the "fat chick", referring to one of Cathe's crew, because the undulating fat was distracting her from her workout!

I am turning 40 in December and lately I have really come to believe that it is so important to accept whatever body you have while striving to have the healthiest body you can. I spent two months dealing with plantar fasciitis, watching my weight go up and decided not to sweat it as it was an impermanent situation, out of my control. I much perfer 125 on my 5' 6" frame but even then I have a tummy. I once had a flat belly but I had a lovely eating disorder to go with it and I'll take the plumper me anytime. I would love to be ultra lean and muscular like Cathe but that isn't going to happen without a body transplant, so why stress over it? And as has been pointed out pointedly in this thread, being fit and being ultra lean aren't necessarily two sides of the same coin.

We do have that preview option at Cathe.com, you know!:)

http://www.plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif Chick's Rule! B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif bbi

I like that Cathe's instructors are fit looking, but not TOO fit looking (meaning they diet and workout like crazy, which really isn't fit at all!). If I'm not constantly looking at the instructors bodies, it's a good thing. For example, when I did Karen Voight's YogaSculpt, I kept looking at her muscley, skinny figure (which I found unattractive) and big fake boobs! Sometimes, if the instructors don't have an averagely fit body, I find it distracting. So I like the variety of figures Cathe's videos show- and I love the transformation each of them has gone through.

But everyone has their opinions- we're all motivated by different things!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-02 AT 04:54PM (Est)[/font][p]duplicate sorry

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-02 AT 04:54PM (Est)[/font][p]duplicate, sorry

I think another reason why we got worked up when we read the original post is that the instructors may read this board and might feel unfit when they see comments requesting fitter instructors. I'm glad that people responded like they did. I think Cathe's crew is fit. They aren't all clones of her, and that's a good thing. Not all of us are going to look like Cathe when we are at our most fit.

Some people are just blessed in the great body department. I have a sister, one of many, who is addicted to pain killers, smokes like a chimney, doesn't work out, consumes massive amount of caffiene and has a beautiful body. The women in Cathe's videos are real! The average size of an American woman is a 14 and that's whether she's tall or short or in between. What we are seeing here is another "ism" paramount to sexism or racism. I won't call it "fatism" because none of the ladies is fat. Maybe "fitism" the belief that you must be thin to be fit? It's silly! I have a favorite quote that pops into my head when this stuff comes up. "It is better to remain silent and be though a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln :)

http://www.plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif Chick's Rule! B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif bbi

Poor StepCrazy.I feel for you.We are having another fight again.The last time it was when someone asked Cathe what she eats.Some people, for some reason take things a little to personal but I would say that the girl isn't around here anymore.
I am sure that you probably meant body builder type bodies.Altough since CTX series came out Rhonda's body looks leaner then it was in some of the older videos.When I seen her in Curcuit Max I was like,oh, where did those abs come from????
I think Cathe trys to have people in her videos that she knows are not going to screw up the moves and there are so many different body shapes, much like all of us.
I know you did not intend it to come out the way it did.
Hopefully you won't run away.....
Lori

I can not believe you guys. You all are entitled to your own opinions, as am I. However, don't you think you are going a little over board?

Come on' why is this a board filled with people so insenstive, insecure and judgemental that an innocent person can't post a simple opinion or idea for a video unless it passes thru the mob squad?

Cathe is in business to make money, is she not? Yes, I am sure she enjoys what she does. However, she wouldn't be charging $59 a DVD if she wasn't in it for some money.

Considering that fact... don't you think she might be interested in what paying customers desires are? Or do you think she is only interested in the group that is so insecure and attached to the people in the video that you can't let a single "newby" ask a question without getting "reamed" by the crazy Cathe Board crew? I doubt she would be too happy about that. Doesn't give me a good impression (and I'm sure it doesn't give others who are just visiting) a good impression of her whole following!!!!

She does have a target audience outside of you all... an audience who has opinions and ideas. I have spent more than $500 on her DVD's in the past few months and have seen and regularly do all the videos you all reference. I am 31 years old, have a 2 year old son and work out from home more than I work out at the club. And yes, I can make it thru just about all of the Cathe videos I own. I do more than 1 video regularly each day more than 5 days per week, I have a personal trainer and take my exercise very seriously! I think the gals are "fit" and kick butt in exercise. However, many of us exercise to also look better. All I was saying is it would be good to see some more muscle. I didn't say "take the fat chicks off" as though you make it sound. I never even called out that they were fat or "not fit". I didn't say take them off... all I said is it would be nice to see some more fit people like you. What I clearly meant was more muscle.

It is nice to have a mix! Take a look at Tae Bo. Billy Blanks is soooo motivating... he has all shapes and sizes on his videos. I use to own ALL of his videos, I received 1 a month for a year and did them regularly! He had fat people, skinny people, totally "buff" people and in between people. But who cares? Seeing all and the variety were nice! Seeing the totally ripped people does motivate some people and maybe I just happen to be one of them. I remember watching his videos and seeing a couple ripped people and it was so invigorating... because in his videos he would say things like "see this girl... look at her abs... she jsut had a baby 9 months ago".. And heck it motivated the heck out of me. I would think... she did it! I can too!

I love Cathe and the people in her video and NEVER passed judgement on any of them. I didn't judge Cedie, Rhonda or anyone else did I? All I said is it would be great to see some more fit people!

It is not an "open mouth, insert foot" scenario as some of you describe. I think those of you who were so rude should all open your mouth and insert your foot as I think you have all been very rude and childish. You'd think you were all in high school by reading your e-mails.

I can tell you, you have totally turned me off from this board and from ever learning more from you. You have in reality probably negatively impacted my entire perception of the cult like following Cathe has. Luckily for Cathe you probably haven't impacted the fact of weather I will buy her DVD's assuming she changes up her music and her team a bit. I buy them because I love her and her team and I think she rocks! However, since I am not as attached to her team as you all are I probably won't continue to buy the new ones long term if she doesn't mix up the team and the music... Don't you think she might be interested in this feedback. I am tempted to send her an e-mail and tell her to look at this whole string. I am sure this is not what she intended her boards to be focused on!

Realize you all are her are her "bread and butter" which is good. However, she can count on your money. It is my money and other's that is more questionable for the long haul and our opinions might matter just a little bit to cathe don't ya' think????

I am not going to apologize to any of you. If anyone owes anyone an apology it is you who owes me one!

Hopefully this will help you to think twice before you personally slaughter the next "newby" to the board before they even get acquainted!

Thanks and goodbye!
StepCrazy

I am new here to but by reading your letter I am wondering who the childish one may be.Only childish peopole can go on and on forever.I don't feel as if anyone else said anything out of the way.When i was reading your first post, my hand went up to my nouth in shock.
Maybe what got people the most was when you said"I use to like the mom look b/c I could connect with it and didn't feel so fat".When I was reading this it seemed like you were saying that some of the crew were fat and it made you feel better.
I'm sure Cathe would like your feedback but I think you should really watch what comes out of your mouth and you may want to rearrange the words a little.And this again, is just my opinon.Clearly you just stated that we all have our own opion and this is mine.
CP

>Poor StepCrazy.I feel for you.We are
>having another fight again.The last
>time it was when someone
>asked Cathe what she eats.Some
>people, for some reason take
>things a little to personal
>but I would say that
>the girl isn't around here
>anymore.

Whatever gave you that idea?

Marcia

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and yes I'm sure Cathe values all of her customers' opinions. Stepcrazy, the only thing I have to say is that I laughed out loud when I read this line...

"Hopefully this will help you to think twice before you personally slaughter the next "newby" to the board before they even get acquainted!"

This is just plain humorous - I didn't see anyone "slaughtering" you for your opinion. Or "reaming" for that matter, LOL! I saw lots and lots of people stating how they felt, but no slaughtering. I don't think you'll get along well at any message board if you think THESE ladies are rude.

A Certifiable Member of the Crazy Cathe Board Crew

Alright.... "only childish people go on forever".... hmmmm take a look at the 25+ messages that go on and on. You tell me who goes on forever.

As far as getting along with other member boards you are so wrong! I have been a member of many. I was on a pregnancy and bedrest board off of Babycenter.com for 6 months when I was pregnant and am still in contact with 1/2 the women on that board. So... maybe you should all take a look at yourself and realize you might be just a little judgemental! I also used words like "reamed" to have a little fun. I was actually laughing my head off as was my family who read your messages. My whole family got a kick out of your immature and childish messages coming from 30-50 years old. Trust me,,,, I am the one who is laughing too:)

You women are hilarious!!! There are some nice people on here and I appreciate your kind comments. You are not included in my general statements of these women.

All I can say is lighten up! Life is too short. Why not count your blessings and be kind to people. Boards should be so much light hearted. Particularly when it is about a workout video. It's not like we're talking about lung cancer or something.

Have a nice day and God Bless all of you!

And I would say to you to lighten up as well! I'm lightened, I'm laughing... hey at least we got some giggles out of this long and winding thread that just keeps going and going because people like us keep posting... and posting....

RE: Ladies, ladies . . .

One of things I've noticed from the beginning, since I started participating in these forums, is the incredible LACK of judgmentalism about others' physiques and opinions. Almost all of the posters here are concerned with their fitness levels and physiques, but only one other time do I remember someone make a slighting comment about another's body size/shape, and it was kind of painful to read. Another thing that is noticeable about the Cathe forums is the pronounced sharing of information and encouragement, as well as a shared appreciation for Cathe's production style, rather than hostile rhetoric. A person on another forum described Cathe's forums as a "lovefest", and for the life of me I can't see what's wrong with that. That this mini-flame war (or flame skirmish) has gone on so long is kind of surprising, but it'll die out soon. There's really no place for it here.

I don't think Cathe's too worried about limiting her market share by having a studio crew of her choosing in spite of some people's opinions that her crew doesn't "look fit", or by having a loyal following on the forums that has a distinct philosophy of encouragement rather than physical-aesthetic criticism. I do think StepCrazy's opinions are quite clear by now, and her screen name is increasingly telling. It's also clear, given that she's returned to this thread and re-posted 3 times since here original post (in spite of saying "goodbye" at least twice) that she's got a few thousand more words on the subject to convey, so at least we'll know what we're getting into if and when we see her again.

Annette Q. Aquajock

RE: Ladies, ladies . . .

Amen,she keeps saying good bye....but she keeps returning.Whats up with that?? I guess she is in the right family if they all found this funny. The only thing I found truly funny was her attitude.If I was on Cathe's videos and I read a post like that, I think I would be so upset. SOme people have so much gull.Maybe she shut the door for the last time.
CP

RE: Hey CityGirl -

I doubt she's finished here on this particular thread, but after responding to you I am. It is indeed funny what some people feel is "funny", and it is indeed funny that one can end an extremely hostile (and exceedingly lengthy) diatribe with "God bless you all", isn't it? (A la post #4 from you-know-who.)

Catcha on other, more gratifying threads!

Annette Q. Aquajock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.