MOH surgery...anyone have this done?

I am about 2 months post-op. Scar is not too noticeable. I did have to go back to Dr.s because an internal stitch end poked it's way to the surface. I still have a numb spot. I had posted a picture on FB of the stitches and now people say they can't even tell I had anything done! Very happy with the results.

Hi Gettingfitmom & Maynardsmom,
My Mohs was April 11th and the Plastic Surgery to cover the hole was the next day. The plastic surgeon spent two hours on my nose after I was put under. I sure wish I could have had an eye lift or a tummy tuck instead!:p
I ended up being allergic to the antibiotic ointment I had to put on the site. Go figure.:eek: I ended up with a red rash that I thought was just normal after surgery and then had to take more antibiotics for two more weeks because I'm allergic to penicillin.
So far I've had two small cortisone shots on the scar to get the redness down and a tiny bit of laser. My Irish skin is so reactive! :confused:
I'm grateful the skin cancer was caught before it went into any bone but I'm still freaked. I have numbness where the Mohs was done but I hear it will go away within a year. I can see the scar but if I put some makeup on it most people don't notice it.
I've always been a sun hat/parasol/sunblock gal but now I have to do be even more careful. I just had a full body skin check yesterday. I'll never skip that exam again!:eek:
Wouldn't you know it 3 weeks after I stared doing Cathe's Low Impact rotation I caught a hellachious cold virus and couldn't do anything for 10 days. I'm starting the June rotation this week (with some adjustments for lost strength and low endurance but what can you do) we just have to pick up where we left off and keep on "Cath-ing".:D
We are a unique bunch of "Mohs Sisters". I'm so happy you all are still doing well. Cyber hugs from Minneapolis.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.