Mixing STS and Insanity.

Blessed!

Cathlete
I have ordered insanity. Do you think that mixing them at the same time (Insanity on the cardio days) will be to much?
Anyone else doing this?

I have ordered insanity. Do you think that mixing them at the same time (Insanity on the cardio days) will be to much?
Anyone else doing this?
I think Cathe's suggestion has been to do cardio on your STS off days. I sometimes do cardio on upper body days as well. But that will depend on time and energy. If I do, I leave a few hours in between STS and cardio. I don't think you will have the energy to do both workouts back to back. That would be true insanity. After doing STS for the first week you will experience how much energy you'll still have. As many of us experience feeling exhausted and tired, which is very well deserved after those tough workouts.
All the best.
Ela

I asked a similar question here:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266204

and got one response. Hopefully you will have better luck having posted the question in the STS forum. I have done one Insanity workout so far - Plyo Cardio Circuit. It was doable but I skipped the Level 1 drills - which are push-up based - I am in Meso 1 and with all the push-ups there my chest/arms were already fried. Hope this helps.

Maria

good idea mixing both of them!

I want to do STS and on the cardio day do the Insanity. I don't think I want to loose my muscle so I'm going to do it like that.
I'm going to use meso 2 this month I'm getting ready for my husband to get home and I want him to look at me very, very fit.:D

I won't do it the 60 days plan and weights at the same day, it would be to much :confused:

But basically you can do any way you like, or it depends on your energy level.

Eunice:)

I won't do it the 60 days plan and weights at the same day, it would be to much :confused:
ITA

I suggest integrating one Insanity workout per week into your STS rotation. After 2-3 weeks, you can see how that is working for you, and perhaps go to 2 non-consecutive days of Insanity.

I also recommend going back to 1 day a week at the start of each mesocycle, as the mix of this type of cardio + different types of weight training may have a different effect.

soo how is it going with the sts and insanity combo?

just bought insanity and preordered sts cardio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wondering what the results have been. I was needing to add one more leg workout, i figured insanity ought to do the job.

Im currently doing one Insanity between the upper body workouts.. Its working great! I dont see is as overtraining for me at all.. Maybe next week I will incorporate 2 of them

my insanity is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!! I am on meso 3 I have 10 lbs to lose til prepregnancy weight.

I feel so much stronger and energetic. I went on vacation last week during my recovery week....watched my diet but had some cheats.

I broke through a 2 month pleateu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lost FIVE lbs in one week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.