H

honeybunch

Hog Heaven!!! Outstanding!!! :9:9:9:9

1 Pkg plain devil's food cake mix
1/2 c. melted margarine
1-1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
14 oz marshmallow creme (1-1/2 small jars...eat the rest later with a spoon!)
Chocolate Pan Frosting (to follow)
1-1/2 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix until well blended. Pour batter into a 13X9" cake pan which has been sprayed with Pam, and bake 40 minutes. Spread marshmallow creme over hot cake, and prepare frosting.

1/2 c. margarine
4 Tble. cocoa
1/3 c. milk
4 c. powdered sugar

Melt margarine in saucepan over low heat until melted, and add milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Take off of heat and add powdered sugar. Mix until well blended.
Spread over warm cake, and sprinkle pecans over the finished product.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! This is SOOOOOOOOO good! :9:9:9:9:9:9:9:9:9

From the "Cake Mix Doctor" Cookbook

RE: This is an old family reciepe

of ours!! Isn't it the best!! Some of my best childhood memories are coming home from school and my mom having a just baked Mississippi Mud Cake waiting for me and my twin brother!! Too cool that you happened to post this reciepe!!

Oh my gosh, this one is just too close to devil dogs (my biggest weakness). I am definitely going to try it now that I'm in my "off season", HA! Thanks for sharing!

After a year of trying new recipes.....

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-00 AT 07:33PM (Est)[/font][p]...this is one of the best, along with my first last Christmas, "Death by Chocolate." What a way to go!!! ;-)

Cathe, please let us know what your verdict is!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.