Metabolic Total Body+Blizzard Blast+Icy Core 1 review

BlakKat

Cathlete
It was hard to pick which one to try first but since I usually do Metabolic on Sat.'s that is what I went with. It takes me a few times of doing a workout before I can remember every detail, but overall I feel like I got a great workout. Pop up at the bottom shows Cathe's weight and the exercise which I like. I also liked the music-very energetic. The main workout has familiar moves with new twists on them plus some new moves. You can see how it is "intermediate" because some are easier or at a slower pace. Some moves did get me out of breath, but not like Cathe's advanced workouts. At times Cathe gives a little more instruction which allows for just a slight more rest but not too much. I did get some good muscle burn from some of the moves and like she says, you can always go heavier with the weights. I actually liked the pace being slightly slower and the lighter weights because I could go lower and be more precise with each move. But there were a few exercises that really got tough-I don't know if it was the reps or the layering, but shoulders, tris & bis felt it. After the main workout I felt great but felt like I wasn't done so I did the blizzard blast which was awesome because it is more typical of what I like to do. It had familiar moves with new twists and some new moves & definitely made me feel like I had my usual intensity workout in. Mix of cardio bursts with some weighted exercises. Squat thrusts, pushups, flying angel jacks, jumping jacks, etc. I especially love the surfer thrusts w/jump & the original bootcamp style Thrust Climbers (squat thrust, scissor, scissor, out, in & up). I LOVED Icy Core 1! It was really tough-my abs were screaming by the end. My fave moves were Slow bicycles, lifting the leg over dumbbell & Swimmer Planks (LOVED them)!

I consider myself an advanced exerciser thanks to many years of Cathe but don't be fooled by this "intermediate" series. I can't go hard all the time and some days I just don't feel I have it in me to go all out. There are so many options of doing 1 super quick segment or going all out and doing as many as I feel. I think this series has the most premixes I have ever seen. Looking forward to trying the others out & picking one of the rotations once they are out.

Thank you Cathe for another great workout that was fun & challenging! Leave it to you to make familiar moves fun and finding ways for every level fitness fanatic to get a great workout! As always, superb cuing, filming, instruction, creative & effective workouts-love the pics on the discs & that they are all in one case together with details on the back! Love spending time with you & the girls every morning! You never disappoint!

It was hard to pick which one to try first but since I usually do Metabolic on Sat.'s that is what I went with. It takes me a few times of doing a workout before I can remember every detail, but overall I feel like I got a great workout. Pop up at the bottom shows Cathe's weight and the exercise which I like. I also liked the music-very energetic. The main workout has familiar moves with new twists on them plus some new moves. You can see how it is "intermediate" because some are easier or at a slower pace. Some moves did get me out of breath, but not like Cathe's advanced workouts. At times Cathe gives a little more instruction which allows for just a slight more rest but not too much. I did get some good muscle burn from some of the moves and like she says, you can always go heavier with the weights. I actually liked the pace being slightly slower and the lighter weights because I could go lower and be more precise with each move. But there were a few exercises that really got tough-I don't know if it was the reps or the layering, but shoulders, tris & bis felt it. After the main workout I felt great but felt like I wasn't done so I did the blizzard blast which was awesome because it is more typical of what I like to do. It had familiar moves with new twists and some new moves & definitely made me feel like I had my usual intensity workout in. Mix of cardio bursts with some weighted exercises. Squat thrusts, pushups, flying angel jacks, jumping jacks, etc. I especially love the surfer thrusts w/jump & the original bootcamp style Thrust Climbers (squat thrust, scissor, scissor, out, in & up). I LOVED Icy Core 1! It was really tough-my abs were screaming by the end. My fave moves were Slow bicycles, lifting the leg over dumbbell & Swimmer Planks (LOVED them)!

I consider myself an advanced exerciser thanks to many years of Cathe but don't be fooled by this "intermediate" series. I can't go hard all the time and some days I just don't feel I have it in me to go all out. There are so many options of doing 1 super quick segment or going all out and doing as many as I feel. I think this series has the most premixes I have ever seen. Looking forward to trying the others out & picking one of the rotations once they are out.

Thank you Cathe for another great workout that was fun & challenging! Leave it to you to make familiar moves fun and finding ways for every level fitness fanatic to get a great workout! As always, superb cuing, filming, instruction, creative & effective workouts-love the pics on the discs & that they are all in one case together with details on the back! Love spending time with you & the girls every morning! You never disappoint!
I just cannot wait. I live in CA so won't be seeing anything for a few days. I think this is the one I will try first too, I love metabolic conditioning. Thanks for posting your review!

I did this one this morning too and loved it! I had to drop weights on a couple of things due to a herniation and prior surgery in my neck, I really have to focus and use impeccable form for any over head stuff, but there were a few exercises that I needed to drop weight and that was fine with me, I loved the workout and i have to say I love the music too!! It was motivating and it made it more fun!!! Whoohoo!! Can't wait to do more, I wanted to add on some core, but didn't have time. That's what I'm so excited about, so many options to this new program. Whatever you have time for, it's there.. just some muscle work, the whole workout or just core!! Awesome stuff!

I did this workout today! I love when Cathe uses multi-joint exercises to spike the heart rate! I also love that after a particularly difficult exercise (or two, or three) she place ROM multi-joint exercises without weight to aid in heart rate recovery! There were several exercises in the workout that I had to modify the weight because I knew my knees (I ordered patella braces which are on their way) and sometimes my shoulders are not strong enough yet to use that weight, so I definitely see "room to grow" for me in this routine. I see myself using this workout time and time again!
Also interesting bit of info, between doing these workouts and cleaning my client's house I've gotten 3 pounds off without trying..YAY Cathe!!! Thank YOU!!!

Just finished this one and I think this is for me so far is the most challenging. I haven't done Boot Camp yet but this one kept my heart rate up most of the time since just about everything is compound moves. I used the same weight as Cathe since this was my first time and I did feel challenged. By the end, my shoulders were burning. I found this Blizzard Blast also the most challenging because of all the burpees. I don't mind doing them, but this was a lot for me. She does do different ones in each round, but it's still a lot. The only thing I felt was a little underworked was my chest. I wish there was a way for at least one more chest exercise. But she does do pushups and the last round of 5 is a 2-2 count. It goes by fast. I didn't do abs but I feel pretty tight after because your core is still working pretty good during this workout, esp. the Blizzard Blast. Another winner!!!!:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Kim

I I did get some good muscle burn from some of the moves and like she says, you can always go heavier with the weights. I actually liked the pace being slightly slower and the lighter weights because I could go lower and be more precise with each move. But there were a few exercises that really got tough-I don't know if it was the reps or the layering, but shoulders, tris & bis felt it. After the main workout I felt great but felt like I wasn't done so I did the blizzard blast which was awesome because it is more typical of what I like to do. It had familiar moves with new twists and some new moves & definitely made me feel like I had my usual intensity workout in. Mix of cardio bursts with some weighted exercises. Squat thrusts, pushups, flying angel jacks, jumping jacks, etc. I especially love the surfer thrusts w/jump & the original bootcamp style Thrust Climbers (squat thrust, scissor, scissor, out, in & up).

I did this one today and loved the format. I agree with all that you posted. I will need to work on finding just the right weights for the exercises. I was very conservative today because you never know what Cathe has in store for you! Just like I did in Boot Camp, I went only one weight higher for all exercises, but will try going heavier in the future. My favorite part was the Blizzard Blast - as you said for yourself, this is the kind of work I like to do. The Muscle Meltdown was great, I love doing giant sets, but will need to figure out my perfect weight there too. I think the ICE and RWH rotation will be a great combination.

Just was reminded of the mishmash listed as the last timesaver.....is this just the main workout or does it include blasts etc?

Just did MTB today and really enjoyed it. I used the same weight as Cathe and could feel the intermediateness. However, coming off of a day of staying up late and a couple glasses of wine, a happily welcome it:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.