merry c'mas mommies! pp 12/22 --->

chefkate

Cathlete
WE GOT AN ELLIP LAST NIGHT!!!! it’s a sole e35 and its wonderful!!! power incline and resistance, a cute little fan, ipod speakers….!!!! delivery will prob. be next week. cant wait!!

lisa, good job on your wo's! i'm feeling back to my old intensity w/ cardio and i think my lifting is actually better!

wo today is gs chest/tri ss premix 2x. tell me again, WHY i'm following this rotation?!:eek::D

1st official day of cmas break! dds let me sleep while they'er playing "animal shelter" in their room.:) i slept til julia woke up at 8!:D i feel so good! that sweetie slept 7p-2a , nursed, then 3:30-8a. what a baby!!!

Last edited:
Hi, and MERRY CHRISTMAS if I don't check back in.
Today, I did RTC by Jari Love. I really like that one. Slim in 6 is o.k., but there is only one workout that makes me feel like I did anything. So, I am mixing that up with the Jari Love DVDs that I have. I am SO tempted to order STS!!!!!!
DS #1 is still sick. I called the ped. in a panic lastnight b/c I discovered that he had a rash all over his body on top of everything else. They saw him today and diagnosed him with Adanovirus (nasty, nasty virus). It will take him most of this week to recover as well (so a total of 2 weeks). This wonderful virus has blessed him with all kinds of things (sore throat, runny nose, cough, really painful pink eye, stomach problems, etc). The dr. said the baby will not get it b/c I am breastfeeding him (thank God!). DH and I could get it, though:confused:.
Kate-I would love an ell. I bet you can't wait to get it. Aidan sleeps like Julia. But, during the day, I am lucky if he sleeps more than 2 hours!

I am off to clean up a little and get some rest. DS #1 gets up an awful lot with this sickness, so that means I do too.

-Jen

Jen~this might sound totally weird, but you can express some breastmilk and put in it the eye that is infected with pinkeye and it will heal it! Breatmilk is some amazing stuff. My children's old ped. told me that.

Kate~yay for an elliptical!! I am loving having mine right here. I like to go to the gym and I love to run/walk outside, but having the elliptical right here is so convienient for days that I am rushed or if I want to do 2 workouts or just have an extra 20 mins I can hop on for a quick workout.

I did the elliiptical today for 55 mins. Sara woke up so I had to cut out the "cool down" I just did the elliptical yesterday too then we took the kids to chuck E cheese! I am determined to get into a weight workout plan after Christmas. I need to just do schedule it in. It will be easy once we can run outside because if feel bad to have to try to do an hour of weights then an hour of cardio with the kids running around like crazy. If I get my cardio in with then in the stroller then it'll be easy to fit in an hour of weights at another time.. anyway I weighted in today and I am down another 1.2 I guess slow and steady. Can't complain with the junk I also consumed this week.

jen, even if you dont use sts as they planned it, just think how cheap all those wo's are! i cant wait to get it! good job on your wo'!
sorry about all the sickness! julia's day sleep is a bit short too... guess i'd rather have her sleeping better at night tho!;)

i've used breastmilk to clear clogged tear ducts. told my sil about it and it worked for her baby too. wonderful stuff!!!!

trish, slow and steady wins the race! good for you!
are you going to follow a cathe rotation or make your own? there are so many good ones i cant decide! after this week i think i'll have a couple weeks before sts is delivered.

I usually make up my own because I don't have many of her workouts. I have maybe 6 or 7 of them so I just randomly do them or do free weights on my own.

I did 4 miles on the TM this morning and got 30 mins on the elliptical this evening. Did manage some planks and some back work. I am going to try to do a body part each day over Christmas break and see how that goes for me.

Hi! I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve already! DH and I are coming down with some of the same symptoms as Andy. The main thing is our eyes hurt so bad!
I actually did squirt b'milk in Aidan's eye the other night. So, I don't know if it was the drops or the b'milk, but his eye was perfectly fine the next morning. Hmmmmmmm...I wonder if it would help my eyes? Does it work wonders on adults too?
No workout for me today, but did LOTS of errands. Does that count?
I am off to wrap some presents.
-Jen

JEn~yes!! Just express some and drop it in your eye! DHs too if he'll let you. lol

I have some wrapping to do too. I am putting it off.

Hi ladies! Merry Christmas Eve!!

Yay on all of the wonderful workouts! Congrats on the elip and the good sleep Kate!!! I'm coming off of the worst case of strep throat I've ever had. Not that I have had it much in my adult life. I was completely shut down from Saturday afternoon until this morning. Didn't eat or move for three days. Yuck. I lost a few pounds, but I went off my diet just to eat what I could swallow. Will get back on the right eating track after Christmas. Right now I can only handle about one meal a day. So, no workouts, but I am feeling SO blessed that I am feeling better and could hold Charlie for the first time today since being sick. Talk about going crazy. I missed him SO bad. DH totally took over. What an amazing guy. Anyway, I'm so excited about tomorrow night, all of the preparations and late-night fun, and I can't wait until the kids wake up Thursday!!! I'm probably more excited than they are!

Anyway, I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas with your sweet babies and families!! ((Hugs))

Stephanie

trish, its almost 8pm c'mas eve and i have not wrapped ONE gift! bad mommy!:eek::D

jen, so glad aidans eye is better! they dont call it liquid gold for nothin'!:p

stephanie, yuck to s'throat! give charlie an extra squeeze from me! julia is such a cuddler - i love it!

well, merry c'mas eve to all of you and your fams! have a FUN morning tomorrow! if you're up in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning think of me doing wrapmax!:eek::p

Everybody's C'mas a success? We had a nice day and I even managed to sneak in most of Cardio Fusion while they were busy with new toys!

Quiet day at home. Mike is wokring, but hopefully not too late. Looking forward to a quiet weekend too!

lorren, It's grannyjannyherbs.com.
We get the green goop.

Miracle stuff! We use it for everything - chapped hands & lips. Cuts on the kids (this stuff is waaaay better than Neosporin!) Also used it on cracked nipples - saved my nursing Julia!

Hope you all had a nice Xmas!! Xmas was really nice for us. We had a island wide blackout yesterday though and we were at a friend's, but we're home now with power, thank God! Anyway, not much time to post. Trying to clean and organize for the start of the new year. Hope everyone is having a nice xmas recovery. What's everyone's New Year's plans? We're laying low at home. Did 4ds his cardio the other day. Felt great!

Lisa

Last edited:
Lisa, HIS is so much fun! No plans here either. Bible study (normal Wed. evening routine) and then home to bed! Our power flickered today (thunderstorms! love em!) but yuck to a blackout! How is Pomai doing? Letting you sleep at all?

Howdy! No big plans here. DH works a midnight that new years eve so I'll be home w/ the kiddos. Plan to get a good run in new years eve and new years day. Can't wait!

Hi everyone. I was super busy with Christmas, so forgive me. I love this part of Christmas through Epiphany; it's such a nice time to catch up with friends and family.

I only have been able to work out 3 times a week. Yesterday I did Low Max intervals only with a med ball and GS legs on the floor- super sore today.

Mimi is 5 1/2 months and can totally sit up without falling over. She reaches for everything- hair, food, etc.! I feel like we're moving too fast through infancy. I've already started getting out some 12 month clothes. She weights about 19 pounds and is at least 29 inches.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.