Mamas and WeeOnes - June 7-13

Hi ladies. Woke up early this AM when the dog started whining to go to the bathroom. Ended up staying up and working out super early. I got in High Step Challenge. Good stuff.

Kate, that show was super sad, but I think it is good to have on there. I totally doesn't romanticize getting pregnant as a teenager...it doesn't have a happy ending. Hopefully it will convince kids to either not have sex or to use condoms.

Wendy, I had no clue what was going on. I hope you feel better soon! For intense but "mindless", I like Jillian Michael's stuff. Her moves aren't complex but they really work you! Basic aerobics and strength moves. Yum, your lemon bars sound delicious.

Lisa, glad you ankle is on the mend. Hope you have a great birthday! Mine was last Monday and my mom's is this coming Monday. We're going to the Cheesecake Factory :)o) to celebrate on Sunday.

Now off to do some data entry for an iphone app my husband is making for me (will discuss more when it is done and on the app store...we're hoping to make some $ from this...and it is something that I have wanted for my own use for quite some time).

Hi everyone else.

Becky

Becky, HSC - aweomse!!!! Now I NEED to do that one! ha! So many workouts, so little time!
I'm glad MTV isn't romanticizing teen pg.
Can't wait to hear abt your iphone! I'm so tempted to get one! But I have quite a while left on my Nextel contract!:mad:

Wendy, I'm so sorry your house is so sick!! Not fair! That walk sounds great!!!
Your BBQ sounds great too! How fun! I can't imagine how happy you are to be together again!
Way to resisit the lemon bars!! My hero!!!!

Did B&G lb & abs premix this morning. YOWZA!!!!!!

Hi mamas! Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Kate--Those B&G premixes are tough!! LOVE B&G, though!

Becky--Yay for the early workout! I can't do it that early. I'm a night-time worker outer, however it's really been causing me to have trouble sleeping lately. So I may soon become a convert. Neat about the iphone!! I'm a Mac nerd so I'm super jealous! The show on MTV sounds sad. Hopefully it will deter kids from wanting to get pregnant.

Wendy--The walk sounds great!! Glad you're feeling better!

Lisa--Glad your ankle is feeling better. I got into a funk when mine was injured too. Hang in there! You'll be 100 percent soon!

Hi to everyone else!!!

----

Well, still no appetite. Guess it's a good thing! I'm sure it will return for pizza night tomorrow night, though. :eek: I made my crusts with half whole wheat flour last week, and the boys LOVED it. DH didn't, but he was outvoted. I've got to quit using white flour!! Totally messes with me! But I do half and half to please the masses. No workout on the menu for today. It's a CLX rest day, but I will run/walk with weights on the treadmill. Can't wait for my vest to arrive!!!! (for the walking, not the jogging) Anyway, better go. I've got to figure out an anniversary gift for the inlaws and a Father's Day gift for FIL. And DH won't answer his work phone. :mad: If I'm doing ALL the work, could I please have your input??? Oh well, I'm thinkin about taking the more expensive route to teach him a lesson. :p Hope you all have a great FRIDAY!!!! :cool:

Stephanie, Mike won't tolerate ww ANYTHING! He refuses to give up white flour/rice. And if I don't make the white options he just won't eat!:mad: Stinker!:p
Yay! You ordered the vest! It is super comfortable - you will love it!
It's such a struggle to gift shop! Hope you find something great! Mike never helpsout in that dept either!:rolleyes::p
And I'll take some of that no appetite thing!:D:D:D

Going out to dinner tonight. We have an open house at 6 but I want to know what I'm eating. :D Plus, we'll only be able to stay for about 10 minutes before we have to head home to get J to bed. Just seems easier to go out to eat!:D

Kate--Have fun tonight!! Well, I made brownies for the boys today (I bought a low-fat desserts cookbook by the American Heart Association), and I put wheat germ on top, and Oliver said, "Mommy, what's that?" I totally lied and said, "It's brown sugar." ;) I hate lying, but if I'd said "wheat germ" he wouldn't have tried them, which he DID and he LOVED them. :p I added choc chips to them to jazz them up a bit, so not sure how healthy they are. And I wound up eating some of the choc chips :eek:, but I called it my lunch. Still no appetite. Woot!

Just got 330 Luvs diapers in the mail! :eek: I ordered them from diapers.com. Babycenter.com had a coupon code for $10 off, and they wound up being a great deal! I think the code was bcenter if anyone is interested.

BIG NEWS FLASH: Charlie is now officially crawling. He figured out how to move forward today. Lord help us all. :eek: He's mobile.

Gotta go catch him... Later guys!

stephanie, lol re the wheat germ. i woulda done the same!
score on the diapers!!! what size is he in? j's sportin' a 3, 4 is gonna be comin real soon!:eek: my lil chunker!:D
yay charlie the crawler!!! how fun!

candra!!! maggie!!!!! where you at!!!????

we ate at cracker barrell. meal was clean but i mindlessly munched on some biscuit & corn bread. now im conciously overfull. stupid woman:mad::mad::mad:
laura will be here soon w/ the fruit for us to cut up for libby's open house tmrw. i just wanna snuggle in bed!!! wah!!!!

wow I don't know if I can keep up here. I usually only have one hand to type with too. ha.
Glad everyone is doing ok.
If anyone has healthy treat ideas I'm all for it. I keep craving ice cream and cookies etc. thankfully there is none in the house or I'd be in trouble! ha.

I got some food at the grocery store today to make my own clone of my current fav sandwich. fresh mozzarella, spinach and basil for pesto. hope to try it out tomorrow. I also got some tazo passion tea bags. mmmm

kate - i looooooove a warm biscuit with a dab of butter and some honey.. man... I could eat a ton of them. or a warm roll with cinnamon or honey butter (like golden corral and texas roadhouse) I def like breads. ugh. Thankfully my DH and kids will eat brown rice but I haven't tried many WW options for breads. we eat honey wheat for basic lunchmeat sandwiches etc. Jasons deli has this whole wheat ciabatta bread and its yummy but I haven't seen it in stores.

Wendy- Yeah I think the diaper problem maybe cause they are too small. I just try to use up diapers I have. He needs to move into size 2s. big boy! I'm also on the last few outfits of 0-3s he will fit into. onto the 3-6s.

Stephanie -aww so cute when they start crawling.. but then they get into everything ha.

Oh about the teen mom thing. Well I was a teen mom. not planned it just happened. I was always a "good" girl but went temporarily insane at about 16. ha. Got pregnant at 17 and had my oldest son at 18. It was ruff. but I grew up FAST and was very mature then. no more partying or anything for me. I worked hard. I DO hate it when I hear young girls say they WANT to be pregnant. ugh!! I wish people emphasized waiting for young people. teen pregnancies are outta control. I just had so many bad influences around me that I thought something was wrong with me if I wasn't. Like your SUPPOSED to be having sex. I never went too crazy. I lived with my BF for 6 months. But he wasn't good for me to be around and I moved on with my life and married DH 2 1/2 yrs later. I also hate when young people have babies and are WAY too immature to handle it. I feel sorry for kiddos raised in a bunch of drama. Well it happens with older and married people too but its just sad to see a 16 yr old with a baby and some looser boyfriend that for sure isn't going to be around a year later and no means to care for herself and the kiddo. :( We live in a sex obsessed society and its taking its toll on young people. they are BOMBARDED with it. MTV, music, movies, peer pressure and even my sex ed class/teacher made me feel weird for not being sexually active at the time. OH and I'm proof that condoms don't always work.. that was DS #1

Last edited:
Hi girls!

Sorry I haven't been around. We took a few, short last minute trips since school got out. Other than that I have been just busy with the kids:)

Stephanie-I can't believe Charlie is crawling:eek: Weren't we just pg? Ryder gets up on all fours and rocks. We really need to put up baby gates, this is our first crawler in a house with stairs:confused:

Becky-your schedule sounds crazy:eek: It must be so exciting for you!

Lisa-sorry about your ankle:( It is such a bummer to be injured. Have a great b-day and enjoy your family!!!:)

Wendy-you resisted lemon bars??????? I love lemon bars! Sorry everyone has been sick.

Jess-your pic made me want starbucks:D I have never tried any of their sandwiches but now I must:D

Kate-Don't you just love happy babies in the morning:) What cs do you like? I've tried a couple and never clicked w/ them, but I think I may need to try again. I want to feel all stretched out:D

Well I've been doing ff june rotation and I love it!! All the pg weight is gone and I'm ready to have another baby;)

Candra

Jess--I hope I didn't offend you with my comment about the teen pregnancy. I totally think it's so awesome that you a.) had your baby and b.) are such a great mommy!! I think that it can happen to almost any teenage girl. I just was referring to the fact that many teenage girls nowadays think they would like to have a baby. I watched a news show about the growing trend of girls aspiring to be mommies. That's what I find scary. I agree that we live in a sex-obsessed world. I am NOT looking forward to having "the talk" with my boys. :confused: At least I have a few more years before that conversation takes place. :confused::confused:

Candra--You rock, lady!! All the weight is gone!!! WOOT!!! Another baby, really??? :eek: You go girl!

Kate--Don't sweat the biscuits, lady! I'm going to have me some wine tonight. FRIDAY!! Oh, and Charlie is in size 4 diapers. BIG man. :eek:
===
Well, I had a very traumatic evening. I packed up Charlie's newborn/3-6 month clothes. :(:(:( And, whereas I used to pack the baby clothes in to tubs and put them in the attic for the "next" child, this time around, I was putting them in trash bags to take to Goodwill. No "next" child. :(:(:(:( I put aside several little outfits that were extra special to me and reminded me of each child and soon I'll start a memory box for each boy and will put the outfits in it in case they have a baby one day. Wow, it was surreal. Anyway... too sad. I need to go workout. Later mamas!!

Candra -I don't care for ALL of their sandwiches only a few. but beware its addictive!

Stephanie -no worries. I totally agree. like I said I cringe when I hear immature young girls want a baby. no stability or maturity in their life they are totally not ready for that.

I kept a few NB outfits from each son. It brings back memories when I see them. mine are so spread out I never kept much for handmedowns but the few memory ones and they just "belong" to who wore them.

---
well Liam is NOT letting me work out lately. hes been going down for the night later and that was my w/o time. sigh. if he naps earlier I always have homeschool work to do or cooking/ cleaning. :( I'm bummed. hes up now. I just gave him a bath and hes ready. starting to fuss so I will try to put him down.
OH and I've had colic calm recommended to me several different places so I got it. I didn't know it was BLACK?! ack. I spilled it on opening now I have a mess. sigh. also made his mouth all black. I had to look up if that was right cause it creeped me out. we'll see if it helps.

Oh Kate- thats cute about J waking up happy. I hope you figure out youtube. if you do let me know how to do it. Liam is the same way. hes all smiles and coos in the morning. ha. he is the sweetest baby and so laid back. Oh hes down now so I'm going to do a quick w/o atleast before showering, cleaning up the kitchen and getting to bed.

Stephanie-I was half joking about another baby:p How sad packing up Charlie's clothes:( I also have kept special outfits from each of the boys. The memory box is a good idea. What w/o did you do?

Jess-Liam is still so young. He will get on a better schedule for you soon. Have you always homeschooled?? I really admire moms who can do it. I am going crazy doing hooked on phonics with my boys:D

Ryder and I just got back from Target. I love that store!! I didn't have the older boys so I didn't have to go down the toy aisle:D:D

Ryder is ready for bed. See you mamas in the morning:)

Candra

Candra--I wound up doing 4DS Kickboxing sans the legs/weights workout. It was a rest day for my CLX, but I didn't want to rest. I also am a Target-holic. I can't imagine going there without spending an hour on the Star Wars/Pokemon/Hotwheels aisles, though. Lucky you!!! :D

Jess--Sorry for the lack of time to workout. You deserve some you time! I hope Liam starts sleeping soon for you!!

---

OK, better go fix my dinner now. Yes, it's 9:35 and still no dinner. DH and the big boys went to Burger King earlier tonight. Blech. Now he's trying to explain the finer points of hockey to them. (I think it's just about as boring as golf, except for the fights :p.) Anywho... I'm salad-bound. Hope you all have a happy Friday night!!

Candra - I started homeschooling when my oldest started 2nd grade. I luv it. I did a lot of reading up beforehand to figure out how to do it and about various curriculum. I think finding good curriculum that you LIKE is important. We pick and choose on each subject instead of a packaged program.

Oh and I LOVE target too. ;) especially cause there is a starbucks haha.

Stephanie - what kind of salad did you make? I hope I get more time too to w/o. one of these days.

---well today my SIL is coming in just for the day and leaving in the morning. she wont' be here till like 2-3pm so I probably won't work out tonight since i rarely see her. starting to feel blah. I didn't do so good for bfast/lunch either. I made the boys pancakes and I RARELY eat them with and I ate one and felt grose afterwards. then made some pasta salad and half a sandwich for lunch. just felt too loaded. so i feel really grose now. I need to figure out something light/healthy for dinner!!

jess-I feel the same way after I eat pancakes. What grades are your boys in now? Did I read that right your target has a starbucks inside? I am jealous;)

stephanie-how are you liking clx? I didn't like how there was two rest days. I also added more cardio.

Hope everyone is having a great w/e! I did kcm ready step go this am! Now I am going to trader joes for some grocery shopping:)

Candra

Candra-- I LOVE Trader Joe's!!! Have fun! I am loving CLX. I am liking the fact that it has two rest days, so I can put my own cardio in on one of them. I enjoyed doing a Cathe workout yesterday!! I miss her!

Jess-I am pretty finicky about my salads. I only buy the Fresh Express Butter Lettuce Blend, and I added a little low-fat balsamic vinegarette (I don't like a lot of dressing) a tad bit of parmesan, and I boiled some shrimp to go on top. I also like croutons. It's a weakness of mine! One pancake is FINE. Don't beat yourself up!! Your lunch sounded yummy too! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Hi Kate, Becky, Wendy, Sydney, Lisa and everybody!!
----
Well I ate a little popcorn today. Just not hungry. We're grilling out tonight. I'll have a turkey burger on an Ezekial bun and a veggie shishcabob (sp??). Also doing CLX later on. Hope everyone is having a great day!! We're about to go to Target to get Henry a sleeping bag for "Gramp's Camp" next week. My mom and dad have a camp for the grandkids every year. They will be camping in a tent in the den, eating lots of junk food, watching movies until the wee hours, etc. They LOOOOOOVE it. I love it too. It gives me something to hang over their heads this week. i.e. "Stop doing that or you won't get to go to Gramp's Camp!!" *evil laugh*

Hi everyone... seems that I miss so much when I miss a day of posting..

I will read through the thread and do personals a little later.

I am out of town again but doing better this time around. I'm thinking about going to the gym a little later but still undecided.

I'm not liking the braces as of yet, but I know that it will get better. I'll check back in later....

CAndra's back!:D:D:D

CAndra, I like Athletes Intense Stretch the best. And Full Body Workout Vol 2. The new stuff her daughter leads is FANTASTIC too!
GLad you're enjoying time w/ your boys!
WTG on losing the PG weight!!

Stephanie, SO HAPPY you are iking CLX! That's great! You're going to get great results!
Sorry abt packing up the clothes....:(
The Gramp's Camp sounds fun! I use comments like that too!:p

Jess, Yeah, well, I had a panckae this morning too! BUt I loaded it FULL of blueberries. Oh man, was it good!
Hvae a fun visit w/ your SIL!

Sydney, Hows Anna doing?
Braces - that must be tough to get used to! How long will they be on for?
-
Open house for my baby sis today. Where does the time go???? OUr little ones are goign to be there too soon!! ...sob.... Julia was the Belle of the Ball - smiling at everybody. I love her!

Did MM UB this mornign. It was awesome and my vein along my bicep was all popped out! I LOVE when that happens!:cool::cool::cool:

Kate--Way to go on the bicep vain!!! That pancake sounds GOOD!

Sydney--Hope your trip goes well!

Becky--Was it you that mentioned the Clif Kids brownie bar?? I bought some today at Target, and MAN are they good!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

---
My diet stinks today. I had half a 100 cal popcorn bag and one of those Clif bars (pre-workout snack), and that's it. I'll make up the calories tonight at dinner though, but I wonder if it's OK to save my calories until night. Just not hungry during these hot summer days. Did my CLX tonight and I watched the P90X commercial at the end of my workout, and I think I may have to eventually get that. Looks intense. Do any of you have it?

Stephanie, I HEART kids CLif bars!! The chocolate chip ones - OMW!!!! I could eat a whole box!:eek::eek:
Oh, I know that humid/hot/sticky.not hungry feeling - makes me feel so bloated & FAT!
Good job getting your CLX in! I don't have P90x. I'm actually really missing STS. Going to do 1 more week of non-STS stuff, my 5K is Saturday, and then really put my all into Meso2. That will take me up to our vacation in July which will be my rest week. Meso 3 after that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.