MAMA MIA! =) 3-23----->

candra, i would hate all the coming/going for sports w. a lo!
wtg on the ellip! nnever have done iclimbs.....
no strollr decision yet:confused: - glad you got a good deal tho!:D

maggie-she is so cute!:D I love all the rolls! Is that your oldest son holding her?

Kate-i bought the first 3 cc's but i haven't tried them yet b/c i love using the iclimb and itread. i am sooo ready for b-ball season to come to an end!!

mike and the older boys are out swimming. it was hot at b-ball. tomorrow the boys have jr rodeo and we have to leave at 5:30 am:eek: i am already tired

candra

Okay, it sort of worked. I dont know why those blue thingies are in my post, but the thumbnails are there.

Candra--Oh Ryder and Owen are soooo cute. And those monkeys--did you stencil that or do it free hand? Very, very, creative. Wow, I am really impressed. I have sharpie pen, boogers, and dirty fingerprints on my walls;);). The Costco website had a bike for $600, but I'll have dh check the store as sometimes they carry different stuff. Thanks for the tip:). Good to hear from you.

Kate--Usually my legs don't start to slim down at all until my hips/waist have gotten to a certain size, but I've lost 1/2" off each thigh with STS meso 1. I tend to have rather thick thighs, so it's not really amazing or anything, but I'll take it:p.

Stephanie--most of my injuries are overuse injuries that come on slowly, not one time events, so that's why the ankle concerns me so much.:( We are seriously considering a new bike. Our old one was really cheap and lasted 5 years, so...Hey--don't worry about a weekly McD's meal. Open discussion can be a little intense:eek:. (my kids: "Mom, what's for lunch?" me, in an effort to promote self-directed learning: "Whatever you can rustle up.";)--Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Open Discussion--that's bad mommy stuff:eek:--really, though, none of them overweight and all seem to be growing well, sooooo.....)

Becky--the sellers would be crazy to make too much of a fuss in this market, so hurray for you:D It is hard to eat when away from home and all, so just enjoy yourself and get back on track when you get home. I will try cardio coach someday, but don't you have to down load it? We still have dial-up:eek:. I know, I know....we're a dying breed....

Trish--are you out there?

Hi Skyy, Hi Clarissa, Hi Wendy and all!

Maggie:)

Maggie, LOL at your bookends! Both of em are too cute! Hey, my youngest sis is 17!:D;) I love Gwenny's rolls! I love to just smooch on Julia when she's all rolly and sweet! WTG with the legs!

Candra, I have all the cc's but press play but Ive only done 1 & 2. I keep meaning to download the rest but they're sitting in my email...:eek:
RODEO?!?! How cool! :D How early!:mad::p A mom and her DH at our pre-k are state champs and their sons ages 4 &7 rodeo too. They are the nestest family!
Swimming sounds lovely! I can't wait to get chubby Julia in a swimsut at the hotel in Chicago!!! I'll have to post a pic - of HER!!! I'd scare y'all!!

I SOOOOOOO did NOT want to WO tonihgt - DEAD TIRED...but ! Not only did I do my legs - I KILLED EM!!!!! YEAH!!!

My 1rms said to use 72# for squats. I don't have 35# db's and I didnt feel like figuring out how to get my 30s to get to 72 total so I just squatted 80# and honestly it wasnt that bad! Yes, I was workin and sweat was rollin but it felt fantastic!

Mike and I did "his" ab routine when I was done - we'll see how sore that makes me by tomorrow night. Probablt pretty sore actually - I never do core - I've hated it since Julia was born!!

Sunday AM we have church and family time the rest of the day. Looking forward to it!

Maggie-your post about feeding your kids had me cracking up! I'm a bad mommy too I let Owen have a BLUE slush at b-ball:eek: I had someone paint the boys rooms. She does it all free hand. I have absolutely no artistic ability. I will have to post a pic of the airplane she did in wilson's room

Kate-great w/o!! I'm impressed w/ the weight. I'm sure you look fabulous in your swimsuit:cool: the rodeo is very early, but it is only once a month:D

Candra

candra, cant wait to see the plane!
we'll see on th swimsuit. if i really clean it up the rest of the week til we go, do abs, and stretch i think i can flatten lil' belly out a lil' more!:p
how will ryder do getting dragged out of crib so early?:confused:

good morning!

while my jj is napping i thought id jump on here because its been a day or so. my oldest is away at a youth group thing for the weekend so ive been taking the time to clean and organize around the house. and eating cans of soup from the cupboard... haven't cooked since friday =)

yoga friday was amazing... love love love me some hot flow yoga! i am still sore now on day two, triceps and quads the most??? nice thing about the heated room is you push yourself because you are so flexible. going again tomorrow night, mil is coming over. raining a lot here so no walk today. but i did 3 miles friday and 3 miles yesterday. no idea what to do today... my rotation is sort of shot at this point because of my various body parts acting up. i guess some indoor low impact, maybe a TJ, i will see how the spirit moves me =)

kate - i actually baked a second, full-sized batch of that choc chip banana cake for my son to take on his trip because he LOVED it so much! you are squatting with 80#...i cant even imagine doing sts right now =/

steph and candra - adoble blue eyes on both your babes! i really have a thing for blue eyes, probably because no one in my family has them =)

candra - did you do all the mural painting? beeeyooootiful!

becky - words cannot describe how jealous i am of your workut room!! enjoy!! i am working out in my living room after moving the coffee table over and i have to watch out for my ceiling fan when doing step lol, and im only 5 ft! it sounds like your purchase process is going awesome.

maggie - loving the chunky gwenster (or gwenSTAH as we would say here)... wicked cute! hows the ankle doing? yoga is much better on my joints than cathe cardio right now, i must say.

kate - still no stroller purchase? it took me forever to make up my mind and i am so happy with what i got. well just to make it a little harder (sorry) have you checked out strollermama, strollerdepot and strollersdirect. im always on the hunt for high quality at a bargain and both of these sites have sales and specials, usually previous years models or less popular colors or returns/open boxes. check em out if you havent already!

hi lisa!

sky - how old is your baby?

wendy

heres john jr =) with daddy - last month we met up in NM at his dads for the weekend. unfortunately it looks like no more visits but we had a blast!

Attachments

• resized DSC_9693.jpg
    resized DSC_9693.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
egads wendy! what a cutie pie he is!!! glad you got a visit w/ dh!! awesome!
your yoga sounds fantastic!! i would love that! i'll have to settle for my classical stretch for now tho!:D
glad the cake went over so well! feels like a cheat doesnt it?? i made the pb bars listed in the recipe forum...not bad tho i'll tweak them next time a bit. add some vanilla and flax seeds....
yes, still no stroller. partly bec our weathers so rotten i wouldnt put her init anyways!:p:mad: soon i hope! tx for the tips!

nice sunday here - church/family time.
sts ch/sho/tris tonight....cmon bench press!!!!:D:cool::eek:

Hi ladies--

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's babies. How fun:D

I found the kid food open discussion thread. Mine don't really eat that bad all in all (as my previous post suggested), but I have no problem with treats on top of the healthy stuff and some days are better than others. I don't keep junk food in the house on a regular basis as I feel it is too expensive and too much of a temptation for moi.

Kate--I don't have 35# dumbells either, so did you just use and 80# barbell? because that's what I was thinking of doing. I'm supposed to use up to 48# for those plie squats where you pick up the dumbell and set it down again--I think not--I think I'll just substitute my squat rack for the exercises that require the really heavy dumbells--let me know how you are working it. I rarely do ab work and I should. I do my main workout everyday and then I quit because the kiddos are getting squirrely. I always mean to do abs later, but never get to it:mad:.

Candra--your friend is enormously talented and could make money doing that. I have an artistic friend in my bible study and the things she does in her home are amazing. I don't have the home decor gene. I would love to see the airplane.

Wendy--Oh your little boy is sooo cute. How hard for your dh being gone from him. How long will you guys be separated? the Gwenstah! I love it. I have a love of regional/international accents--just one of my many quirks. My ankle is still bothering me, so I feel your pain on all the funky body parts. I hope I don't have some sort of arthritis or something. Dh and I have agreed to buy a stationary bike, but we have to do some research first.

Hi Lisa, Stephanie, Becky, Clarissa, and all;)

Maggie:)

Wendy-JJ is adorable!! I love seeing everyone's babies:) Yoga sounds great

Well we're home from jr rodeo!! Ryder did great he slept both ways!:D I have mommy guilt for dragging him to all his brothers events:( He is very easy going and happy so I think it bothers me more than him;)

Hope everyone had a great Sunday:) I can't believe the w/e is over:( One more week until spring break!!:D:p

Maggie-do you guys take a break?

Candra

Candra - You ht the nail on the head - I thnk most things do bother us more than our babes! Glad it went so well!

Maggie, I used 2 - 40's with my versagripps - those are wonderful things, btw! Didnt want to hoist that much weigth over my head. :confused: And for plie squats I LOVE having the db to grab low - if you have one go for it! It REALLY PULLS your inner thigh! Somehow it doesnt seem as hard as when its overhead. Plus my rear shoulders get a good workin' from the pulling action!
And you took the words out of my mouth on the ab work! It's only 10 min - shouldnt be too hard to fir it but somehow it is!:rolleyes:
YAY FOR THE BIKE!!!!!

I did Meso2 Wk3 chest/sho/tri - It was 70 min and I hate wo'ing that long right now. But SweetFace went to bed early - thank you!!! so it was easier than most night to make the time for it! What a good baby!!!:D

Wendy--Your little one is ADORABLE!! Love those squishy cheeks!

Maggie--Have fun bike shopping, you lucky duck!! As for the OD food thread, my kiddos are very very very very picky and basically one eats only cheese and cheesey things and a few fruits, no veggies. And the other one is a little better but doesn't eat but two bites of all his meals. Hopefully Charlie will be a better eater. I do keep junk food because DH loves his little debbies and fruit loops :eek:. But I say everything in moderation. Of course, today I let them eat WAY too much sugar just to keep the peace because DH was away at his fantasy baseball thing and I wanted a peaceful Sunday. :eek:

Kate--You're really rockin the workouts!! I'm living vicariously through you and Maggie. Wish living vicariously through you guys could give me the same results you two are sure to be getting! :eek:

Well, no workout AGAIN for me. DH didn't get home early enough for me to work out, and I'm beat. So tomorrow, once again, will be new-diet-Monday and I'm hoping to do better with the workouts. Um, that is, I'm hoping to work out, period. My ankle is feeling much better and I'm going to put it to the test. Wish me luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.