Magnetic Cat Door Question

sue320

Cathlete
I usually only post workout questions here but I need some help and needed access to as wide a grouping as possible.

Let me see if I can explain what I want to do. We have a special needs kitty and a new kitten. We want to build a box to put the kitten's food in with access by a cat door (electronic/magnetic). This door has to be such that special needs kitty (snk) can't access kitten's food.

Does anyone have experience with doors like this? I tried calling the company but apparently I'm too stupid to understand what this guy was trying to tell me. Plus, it seemed that he went right for the $119 door...made me a bit suspicious when there seemed to be a cheaper version that would meet our needs.

Bottom line...need a cat door that uses a magnet (seems to be more reliable) to get in but will let anything out (especially is snk were to figure out how to follow kitten in...wouldn't want snk trapped).

If my idea isn't clear, feel free to ask questions. I appreciate any input!

cat door

Call Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah, they answer all sorts of behavior, training & general questions. I don't have the number handy but they have a website & you can pull the number form there. Also, your vet might be able to help with that. Good luck,

karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back