Made me laugh

Yeah, what's up with that? I thought I would see Jai with the little weight and his would be monstrous! That is really TOO funny!

Cheryl

Guys have more upper body strength (they can do more pull ups/push ups, etc.) but women have more lower body strength in their legs.

Also, I don't think Stuart had a chance to prepare for this exercise as the women did in Butts & Guts.

Fay

I don't think the difference is as great as it appears. He has more body weight, which provides some of the resistance to this move, and the weight also probably looks smaller than it is in comparison to Jai's because she's petite (around 5'2") and Stuart is bigger.

I looked and while I agree that Stuart is bigger, considerably so, in comparison to Jai, her weight still looks quite a bit heavier.

I do agree also about the lower body & upper body strengths for men and women.

When my hubby does Cathe (and he has super strong legs) he has to drop his weight quite a bit in order to keep up!!! And even doing that he curses at the TV and swears she is trying to kill him. And that's on a normal DVD, not even one focused on just legs - he'd never keep up!!!!

Tami :)

>Guys have more upper body strength (they can do more pull
>ups/push ups, etc.) but women have more lower body strength in
>their legs.

I'd say that's partically right: men do have more upper body strength, but lower body strength is about equal, given a man/woman of roughly equivalent the same size.

Perhaps the exercises start off with a smaller weight, then go heavier with the next two sets. If that's the case (just guessing) maybe they took the picture of Stuart during the first set, then of Jai on the 2nd or 3rd set.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]
The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Funny! I hadn't noticed that the first time around. Even though there are lots of good reasons why it may not be a fair comparison, it's a really amusing contrast. Thanks for giving me a chuckle!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.