Lurker Invitations March Check-In

Good Evening,

I did Power Hour today. Whew! That was hard. My legs again felt like jello. I burned about 350+ calories (I modified a bunch). Tomorrow yoga. Monday I start Meso 2. Can't wait!

During the day I drank barely tea and pure water.

Breakfast:
2 eqq whites and oatmeal

Lunch:
A carb and protein drink that consisted of; soy milk, oatmeal blueberries oat bran, flax seed, whey protein, fiber therapy, and almonds.

Dinner:
4 oz. of salmon
A salad which consisted of; avocado dressing, beans, lettuce, spinach, bell peppers, small amount of kiwi, and a small portion of a yam.

Ate about 1300 calories today. This was all cholesterol lowering food. I've learned a lot about these foods and can tone down the serving just a bit so that I can stay along the lines of 1200 calories on my cardio days and 1300 on my weight training days. Or visa versa.

Elle p, Muscle Endurance is hard. Good for you.

Shadowpup, So glad you are feeling better. After an illness, baby steps are for sure in order. You are doing great. Remember not to over do it though.

Laura, I have to remember to wear my heart rate monitor. I just keep forgetting. I'm kinda guessing my calorie burns. Looks like you did great on your food choices today. Good going! How was it with dinner?

Michelle, Good work on S&H. Your good attitude shows through. You are on your way to whatever goals you have.

Shoegal, Cathe is a marvel. It sounds like you are too. You are very strong if you could manage to get through any of the IMAX's. WOW! I want some of your energy. I hear you when you talk about wasting time. I think I'm reading a book that might be doing the same thing to me. I'm trying to give it a chance, cause it got high reviews. I promise I won't weigh myself every day. Once a week or Once a month. I learned my lesson.

Take care everyone, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Hello All!

Just a quick check in. I did GS Legs and BodyMax 2... only the cardio and upper body/abs so far this week. Had to force myself out of bed this morning, only about 4 hours sleep last night... hope more tonight!

Have to find out if I can get my I Max/Cardio and Weights replaced... won't play at all! :(

Have a good night all!
Sherry

check in Wednesday 3/4

So I'm alone for the rest of this week - DH went out of town. I must forego wine & cheese tonight but that is a good excuse to continue to eat well.]
I was thinking I was going to really enjoy being in the house alone - turns out it isn't as much fun as I thought.

No one should give me any credit for doing IMAX - I made an effort but I am afraid my air jacks and jumps are really pretty pathetic. I was just happy that instead of quitting with all that - I made an effort do them until it was over. I did the best I could and I know that wasn't great - but like I said I was satisfied. However, yesterday - I had decided during the day that of instead of doing a GS workout - I would do Amy Bento's Slo Mo strength workout. I thought there was some NRG mix that was total body and there was - but goodness did she do the exercises SSSSSLLLLLOOOOWWW!! She wasn't kidding when she called it Slo Mo - it was excruitiatingly so. The workout was 46 minutes and I had already spent 15 minutes doing one exercise. I lost interest and shut it off. So No workout yesterday - well 15 minutes of one - I'm very upset with myself.

Shadowpup & Michelle- good to hear that you are improving - keep going that way and you'll be as good as new - that is what I'm hoping for.

BooBoo- wanted to tell you that I looked up your shoes - me likey.

Janie - come over and cook me dinner for heaven's sake! I have thoroughly convinced myself that I don't cook. It really is a bummer when I have no idea what to do when company comes over. There is never anything decent in the house to serve. You seem to have all the good stuff.

Laura - did you do well eating out?? I know what you mean - I find it really hard. For me - If I made an effort out to eat well I feel good about myself afterwards but I also feel like I missed out on something. Just try - that is all you can do.

Elle - good work with muscle endurance!!!

Everyone have a nice evening - I'm going to workout now - I find I have a limited window after I come home until I want to maul the refrigerator. ;)

Hi soooo I BLEW IT at the restaurant!:eek::eek: My girls love fried calamari so we got that as an appetizer. I definitely ate some though I did reign myself in more than normal & didn't did into the sauce. I had a chicken & portabella risotto for dinner and ate about 1/2 the serving. Than girls wanted dessert and Sophia (a chocolate hound like myself} got this beautiful flourless chocolate cake with strawberries so I had to have a few bites!:eek::confused::eek: It was so yummy. So not to good, but I didn't order any wine and I did eat less than normally, even if they were bad food choices. Than I went to friends house to soak in her hot tub and watch the biggest loser and drank wine there!
:eek:

So today I have been very good! {for me} Janie I don't know how you eat the way you do! And if that little amount of food equals 1300 cals I am in BIG trouble. Today I used Fitday and my cals are 1750 cals. and it seemed like so little food to me. I guess I do have a big appetite and it is going to take some time to adjust my sensation of enough. I guess nothing comes easily and like Bob says I have got to work as hard in the kitchen as the gym. It's just that I get no satisfaction from restricting my food that I get from exercise....

Oh well, No exercise today. I was planning a hike in Boulder but it was so windy I didn't want to go out in it. So nada. Guess I will have to rearrange my schedule to make it my rest day.

Hi Everyone,
Another quicky late night check-in. Today my muscles were a little sore from ME. I did the step only parts of Body Fusion. Eating has been under control this week as well.

Laura: I wouldn't worry too much about the dinner out. If you are going to a restaurant you might as well enjoy it right? Maybe just tighten things up the day after.

High fives to everyone else!

Elle

Good Evening,

Breakfast:
2 egg whites and 1/2 c. oatmeal 130 calories

Lunch:
soy milk, oatmeal, blueberries and strawberries, oat bran, flax seed whey protein, and fiber therapy 337 calories.

Dinner: My husband liked our dinner last night and wanted more tonight.
Salmon, beans bell pepper, celery, spinach and calcium chews 680 cal.

Snack:
1 grapefruit 120 calories.

Total Calories 1267

Today was a rest day for me. Tomorrow will be another step up for cardio. I love steps, what can I say?

Elle p, Body Fusion is a great workout. Got to look at that one again.

Laura, I need to tell you something. I'm an old woman, and need fewer calories, because I don't burn that many calories during the day. I don't work, I'm retired, and I sit a lot during the day. You are much more active than me and much younger. I think you are doing fine, and will do better tomorrow. You are going to get to your goal.

Shoegal, I have days like you more than I would like. It happens, as long as you are doing the best you can, it is enough. Really. I think anyone that is doing more than me(workouts):rolleyes: at this time, is phenomenal. LOL;)

My cholesterol test was scary for me. So much so, that I'm afraid to eat anything that has a bad reputation attached to it.

Take care everyone, and enjoy your evening. You guys are awesome.:)

Janie

Last edited:
Check in Thursday 3/5/09

Hi again -

I did High Step Training last night and Pilates based abs from Ab Circuits. It felt really good and I worked out hard. Today I had a salad for lunch - I really wanted a boat load of vegetables to fill up this bottom less pit I call my stomach. I had just read an article that said fiber will make you full (yeah, I know - this is nothing that we all haven't heard before) and that it takes longer to digest so you would feel full longer. Ok - decided I wanted to fill up - it is just that usually when I have a salad - I'm not satisfied for very long. I also decided to take my time and really get into tasting my food - I had put salt & pepper on the salad and a teeny tiny bit of dressing and a teensy bit of cheese - and it didn't taste so very flavorful - I still thought how incredibly great it would be to drench the salad in dressing!! The article basically said not to live as if on a diet - to balance yourself in different ways and make good choices. You must look at healthy eating as a way of life - and constantly make decisions that will help maintain that. Do you know what I get from that??? Just accept that if you don't want to be overweight you are going to have to say no to yourself. You are going to have to operate as if there isn't such a thing as ice cream because what if there wasn't - you would probably find a sweet alternative that would satisfy you. Yeah - it all sounds easy - I must admit it is a constant struggle.

Had a super stressful morning without DH there. Didn't realize that he takes care of things I don't want to - and I feel less content in the house without him. I don't have to sit with him or anything - just knowing he's out there is enough.

Laura - thought you had great restraint at the restaurant - whether you know it or not you actually made good choices there. Not eating the entire meal - just tasting the dessert and appetizer were great things to do in that situation. You didn't deny yourself - but you didn't go overboard. And goodness you said no to the wine!!! That was more than I would do.

Sherry - you must have been on last night at around the same time - didn't see you post when I started composing mine - but it was there after I finished. Hell of workout you did, by the way!!

Elle - I actually don't have Body Fusion - what workouts does it consist of?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi ladies, I am officially back among the living. Woke up this morning feeling great and have been going strong all day. I took a break from exercise yesterday (would have been a cardio day) and did S&H chest and back today. Tomorrow, I'm going to give cardio a try. Right now I'm thinking Body Fusion or LIS--good routines, I think, to ease back in on the cardio.

Shadowpup: hang in there! There is life after illness, although you seem to really be having a time kicking the germs. How long have you been feeling bad now? It seems like it's been a while.

Shoegal: I love HS Training--that is a great workout. I think I sweat the most with that workout.

Janie: First, you are not that old. Jeez. Although, it is true that as we age, we don't need to eat as much. I need to get my cholesterol level done. Have to do the yearly GYN check-up in the next few weeks so I'm going to get them to right the blood work order. I've been eating oatmeal like crazy--trying to cleanse my blood. LOL!

Sherry: I'm with Janie that is one heck of a workout that you did yesterday. No wonder why you are the Ironlady.

Okay, Ripken is demanding his walk. There are good sniffs out there today--pup says, "spring is in the air."
~michelle

Hi Everyone,
Today was a hike with a friend, her chocolate lab and my Great Pyrenees. We hiked for a little over an hour and burnt a little over 500 calories each. It was nice to chat and connect and let our puppies run around.

Then I had GS Chest & Triceps on my Calendar but I really didn't feel like doing it. My Chest is definitely my weak link. It is the only muscle group where I am significantly behind Cathe's weights and it still kills me. I did it last week and I actually think I pulled a muscle on my right pec. So I did Muscle Max instead. I love that one.

Diet was good all day. I had asked my DH to pick up some salad, broccoli and ground beef for dinner on his way home. I was going to make hamburgers for the girls and I could have just the patty and the veggies. But he ran late and decided to pick up Indian Food on the way home instead!:p:p So I come in from my workout all feeling good about getting on the diet end and there he is unpacking Indian Food. My total weakness. I am starting to see how he is sabotaging me!!!

Anyway I ate it but forgo the rice and cut back how much I would normally eat. Unfortunately Fitday doesn't have any Indian food in its data bank, so I looked the food up on line and got approximation and then entered that into Fitday and my calorie count came to 1677. Not sure how accurate that really is though....

You guys really make me want some more videos! Your workouts sound so much fun. Glad everyone is on the mend who was sick. It takes a few days to get your feet back on the ground.

Hi Everyone,
Another late night workout here. I did Basic Step just to get something done.

Michelle: Glad you are back on your feet!

Shoegal: Body Fusion is more of a beginner workout. It comes on the same DVD as Basic Step. It alternates Step with light weight work. It's good for when you want a good workout but aren't up to doing something really tough. I use it when i'm getting back on track or just want to get a workout in when i don't really feel like it. It's different from Cardio Fusion which is a mix of several other workouts.

Laura: Too bad about coming home to Indian food after your meal out yesterday. I hope you enjoyed it at least. My Husband does stuff like that too. He knows i'm trying to get in better shape yet he brings me home 2 Bounty chocolate bars because he knows i love them. It's sweet that he thought of me but if he knows i'm trying to slim down, i don't get why he would bring me junk.

Janie: I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Have a great day everyone.

Elle

Hi all! Today was a much better day; I did 2/3 of Pyramid Up, using Cathe-weights, where 2/3 means I used the third heaviest set as a stretch period, to avoid overdoing it.... Tomorrow, I would like to try a portion of Leaner Legs. If I can survive that, I'll go back to my STS rotation :eek:

Michelle, sounds like you are improving, too! I was flat out (unable to work or stay awake long-out) for a full five days, and have been improving slowly the last three. Today I managed a full eight hours of work, though I started early, put a long nap in the middle, and took a break midafternoon. In my home office :) People at work with similar have been out for two to three weeks, though, so I actually may be getting off lightly.

Laura, I agree with the others - you did a good job at the restaurant! Perfection not required. It's actually good for you to sometimes eat at the high end of your range, and sometimes at the low, to keep the body guessing. That sounds like a wonderful hike!

Elle, sometimes husbands just don't connect the dots :) But a little chocolate, very dark chocolate, savored in small amounts every day or two ... nothing wrong with that :) I have taught mine that high quality, expensive, extra dark chocolate is A-OK, if he understands that I'm going to eat no more than a piece or a square a day. It lets him buy treats, and still stays within my calorie range, so all is well.

oops, looks like I need to handle a kittie-skirmish - a quick wave to everyone else!

Good Evening,

Did 45 min. of Step Heat with one riser on each end. Burned around 277 calories. Ate 1200 calories.

Shadowpup, Hope you are feeling better. Agree with the zigzag on high and low calories. I like the idea of the body guessing.

Elle p, I may do Basic Step on my next cardio day.

Laura, Sounds like a great hiking day. It's rainy season here, so won't be able to do that for awhile.

Michelle, Can't do better than oatmeal to lower cholesterol. So glad you are feeling better.

Shoegal, Looks like you are in control and doing fantastic on your workouts. When my hubby goes away for awhile, I miss him too. Things just seem to go to pieces when he's isn't around.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Janie

Last edited:
Quick check in. This morning I did LIS and total body sculpt. I love LIS and it was good to be back at the step doing some cardio. Did TBS just for the fun of it--kind of a bonus for feeling better.

Body fusion should definitely not be confused with Cardio fusion. I've watched CF but haven't worked up the nerve to give it a go. That dvd was actually the 3rd Cathe dvd that I bought. HA! What was I thinking?

I've been working out with Cathe for roughly one year now. Boy, what a difference that one year has made. Can't wait for my yearly gyn check-up in a couple of weeks--that number on the weight scale is going DOWN!

Hope everyone has a great day. Beautiful weather here in Virginia--straight through the weekend.
~michelle

Check in Friday 3/6/09

Hi Girls-

I managed to do B&G yesterday. Love this workout. I have only done the actual workout only one other time before when I first got it. Since then I always did a premix - I think because it is a long workout and I was searching for a shorter option. Well, I was cheating myself. The workout itself is where the real money is. I never felt firewalkers were that hard - until they are sandwiched between a set of squats and walking lunges. Now I was dying!!!!

Ok - yes, I did confuse Body Fusion and Cardio Fusion. I don't have either workout - after I posted I looked it up and realized I made a mistake. I wasn't sure if Body Fusion was a beginner workout or not and steered away from buying it because I was being selective and I didn't want anything easy. I bought beginner workouts before thinking I'd use them and never did. But if Cardio Fusion is hard - then I want that. Then again that is what keeps me from doing the Hardcore Extreme workouts - all three of them sound all scary!!!

I kept my pups in the room with me and closed the door as I worked out since DH is away. They were so good - didn't seem to mind at all. When I was on the floor Scout came over more than once to be loved and I was more than happy to oblige her.

Yes - my DH also sabotages me - I never kept things I couldn't eat in the cupboard - now he brings it in and I'm powerless to stop myself. I really do have poor self control overall. Sometimes I manage to surprise myself and hold back but that is rare. I know myself. I had learned that I can't have it around - I stopped even buying things for a treat once in awhile. I had made hard rules: ABSOLUTELY NO ICE CREAM IN THE HOUSE EVER - NO CHIPS & DIP!!! I don't miss it if it is not there. When its there - yeah, I miss it and want it!!!!

Glad everyone is feeling better and I hope you all of you have a great weekend!!

Hi Everyone,

I have missed all you great ladies. I have had a rough rough week. My TMD (used to be TMJ)was acting up and Tuesday I spent a majority of the day in the emergency room. What a waste of time and My $50. copay. All so they can give me damm codeine. My ear was so painful I was crying on the way over there. What a load of crap, a prescription for more codeine and instructions to see my regular doctor is what I got :( I have been to my doctor too many times and he won't give me a referral for a MRI because he assures me Health Net will turn down my request. I have been to a dentist and had X-rays to confirm it is not a dental issue as my regular doctor insists it is. I have been to two different dentists and paid for it out of my pocket because we have no dental insurance. So I am trapped in this hell! Then there are my rotten teenagers, how I wish they could disappear and return in 10-12 years. They are an incredible source of stress of for me.

Anyhow, I am feeling better and have been able to maintain working out. I really truly believe that I would be in severe pain for longer time periods if it weren't for exercising! My eating has been hit and miss, but I am happy to be in the land of the living.

Have a terrific weekend everyone.

booboo

Hi All!

So glad everyone is on the mend!!! :) Just don't push too hard and have a relapse! I tend to do that myself!

Kick Max this morning. Just the 48 min premix. Still haven't called about my I Max and Cardio and Weights... have to wait til Monday :( I haven't ever called about anything before never needed to.

DD was accepted into the Counter Intelligence Course :D but, has decided to opt for the Ground School first.... needs it anyway and feels her body will be able to handle that better at the moment. So whe will be doing the other at a later date. Her Master Chief is writing her a recommendation letter.

Father is stable.... so that's good.

Should get my new BIG step tomorrow... my old one the non slip on the top started coming up and I felt taping it down probably wasn't the best idea.

Have a good night and weekend all. Will try to add more personals nest check in... really enjoy reading all the posts!

Hi Everyone.

Today I ran 3 miles in Boulder on flat ground! It was awesome. I am such a terrible runner, always have been, so I would just make excuses for myself, like I am not built like a runner, running isn't my thing, ect.. But then about a year ago I started to think that it would be a good fitness bench mark to be able to run 3 miles. I never really did anything about it but I guess the seed had been planted. So today I did it!:eek: Turns out that I had always ran to fast a friend of me suggested I go really, really slowly and see how I felt. So that is what I could did and I felt like I could have kept going on and on. It was embarrassing how slow I jogged I probably could have walked as fast but I made myself keep the speed in check and it worked for me. I burnt 438 cals in 40 minutes. I also did an hour of pilates with a friend probably around 230 cals.

Calories so far 1768. I have lost 1/2 a lb and 1.1% of body fat.

Booboo: OUCH! I am so sorry for your pain and distress. I always clench my jaw when I am upset, stressed or angry and can imagine how bad that hurts you! I hope you get some relief. You amazing to keep up the exercise on top of that. I am not sure if I would be able to!

IronLady: congrats on your daughter & I am glad to hear your dad is stable. I love Kickboxing. It is probably one of my fav. ways to workout.

Shoegal: I also love B&G and stuck with the premixes for awhile at first. It feels great to be able to do the whole workout now! I like the core work in there. I have heard the leg blast premix is CRAZY hard although I haven't tried it yet I want to....maybe tomorrow.

Michelle: I also love LIS {hey this is getting repetitive isn't it but it is true, I guess I just love Cathe:D} I think it is because I finally got the routine, HIS still gets me all turned around & I end up losing the cardio factor...

Janie: those pounds must be melting off you! Hope the sun comes out soon.

Shadowpup: So glad you are back in the ring. Ease in slowly I kept trying to leap back in the saddle after I was sick and it kept knocking me back down.

ElleP: good for you to workout after a long day at work. That is the hardest time of day for me to motivate. I feel great if I do it is that initial effort that is so hard! I am meditating on this scenario with my DH it may just be the hard logistics of dinner with a busy young family or there maybe more in it...maybe he is threatened if I change?

Hang in there everyone. Haven't heard from Tracy Lynn in a long time....

Hi all, just wanted a quick post and then back for more detailed personals this weekend - but iwanted to share that it was a banner day. I actually worked like a normal person, without so many naps, and got a ton of work done. Then, my new barbell set arrived! So I did half an hour of STS to check it out. It felt like I could have finished but that probably would have been too much. Am not counting this as part of the rotation. The barbell was a real treat to use on the deadlifts - I mean that without any sarcasm :)

This means I need to go to bed early tonight, since this is probably pushing the envelope as far as it ought to go.

It will be fun to catch up with all these new posts tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

It looks like the gang is almost all healthy. Today, I finished my fourth week with S&H: today was legs and shoulders. I will be shifting to Gymstyle this coming week. Looking forward to a new challenge

BooBoo, I hope you can find someone who will help you out of this chronic pain that you have. It sounds simply awful.

Shadowpup: nothing like a new set of barbells. Oh boy--fun for you. Glad that you are feeling better too.

Shoegal: B&G is a fun workout. LOVE those firewalkers. Haven't done that one in a while, but it is on my horizon because that is one of Cathe's workouts that I can do on our boat. So, within a month when we get the boat back in the slip and shift to our boat season schedule, it will be back on my weekend workout list.

Ironlady: I'm on travel this week and thinking I will take kickmax with me. Have to figure out what other Cathes to take. Congratulations to your daughter on her acceptance to the CIC. That's really great.

It is over 70 degrees here in Virginia--really nice. DH and I will be doing yardmax this afternoon. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
~Michelle

Today was B&G. I didn't do the Leg Blast Premix though, I was kinda droopy so I just did the regular routine. I am so much stronger than I was when I first bought that DVD last summer. There was no way I could have done the whole thing and I kept having to pause it during the standing portion because my heart rate would get so high. Now I can do the whole thing through. It feels so good to experience that type of progress.

Tonight the town of Nederland is having there big bar crawl for the Frozen Dead Guy Days. My girlfriends want me to come out but I don't know if I will. I am afraid I might be getting sick and don't want to risk it.. It wouldn't be worth missing my workouts for the next couple of weeks. Plus it is snowing and I gave up alcohol for lent.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.