Lurker Invitations Feb. Check-In

Hi ladies,
Another beautiful day here in Virginia. Springtime is another day closer! DH started yard work yesterday. Okay, he arranged to have someone come trim one of our huge bushes. I'm okay with that--I figure it would have taken us half of day to deal with the monster. It's trimmed and the branches are carted away. As far as I' concerned, it was worth $60.

Today I did Lowmax. Haven't done that one in a while. Lowmax was the second advanced Cathe step routine that I tackled after mastering RS. 70 minutes of pure, sweaty fun.

So, I have to admit I don't really follow a strick diet. I eat pretty much all types of food. I just try to eat the right things and keep my intake at a moderate level. I do try to watch the alcohol intake:no more than 2 glasses of wine (or a mixed drink) per week. But everyone's body is different. My sister has to avoid carbs like crazy--but I think it's more because she can't control herself once she gets going. I still believe it's calories that count and a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

Speaking of sister, I told her about Shoe-gal's 4DS-total body workout earlier this week. Sister was on a 4DS binge last month, so she is intrigued to see what that one is like.

Anyone watching American Idol? DH and I thought last night was very disappointing.
~Michelle

check in Thursday 2/26

Hi workout people -

Did Double Cardio like I said - I really liked it - super fun and the last combo of HIS is totally in the bag. That is one Cathe practically teaches it while your back is to the tv. It used to bug me and I was frustrated but I got it down now. I really really love the blasts on that workout. Afterwards I was going to do Plates & weights abs but decided I didn't have enough time before wine & cheese and decided to do the abs from 4DS LIS instead.

Laura - thanks to you I enjoyed my workout - it is actually a good thing to get some ideas from different people on what to do workout wise. I am so glad that you went out. I was going to suggest that you go - especilly since it isn't very often - I though it would give you a boost at least mentally. I'm glad you had a good time.

Wine & cheese report: Didn't like the wine, a new bottle DH blindly chose. This prevented me from drinking more than the glass I had. I also had some retraint in the cheese department so I felt good about the evening. Gave up eating between meals for lent. Hopefully that will help matters.

BooBoo - Ok I am totally versed in the Housewives from your descriptions. Yes I agree that Tamra is vicious and materialistic - and I think Vicki is completely selfish. Lynn I really believe is clueless when it comes to child rearing - not that I have any experience in that area - but she is super overindulgent. I also think her kitchen ( this off the beaten track) needs to have some stuff in it - it looks like no one lives there every time I see it. I actually do like Jeana - she seems as if she doesn't try to be something she's not.

I really don't believe that all women in southern California look and act like these women - but whoever picked the housewives for this show sure did pick the same type. The boobs and the clevage is what gets me - it is all in your face - all their daughters seem to follow suit too. I can't imagine walking around everyday, in every situation with my boobs out on display. It is just not me.

Janie - You shouldn't have changed your meez for me. I liked it - I was just amused by it. She still looks nice like that too.

I plan on doing something tonight - Something dealing with 4DS - a premix - I think it is Higher intensity circuit or something - anybody do this one?

Hope you all have a great day!!! Hi to everyone.

Shoe Report

Gosh - almost forgot my shoe report: I wore a lovely pair of Stuart Weitzman slingbacks. These also have some silver hardware on the toe and are beige there and a winter white everywhere else. Pretty!! :)

So today I went for some ski runs on the mountain but unfortunately I had some technical difficulties with my boots and only could do a few short runs.:mad::mad:

I came home & did Section one of Core Max and than I did Hardcore Series Chest & Triceps. Man oh man I was quivering like an aspen leaf in the wind.

Shoegal good job on the double cardio and nailing that routine!:eek::eek:

Michele enjoy that weather! I have lowmax on my wish list and can't wait to get it. I was wondering if you had the GS and if so how they compare to the Slow Heavy?

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to check-in real quick and let you all know i'm still alive and kickin'.
It has been really crazy for me with work. I was there until 8pm tonight! It's no excuse but i did not workout since last Tuesday.:eek: So tonight, as soon as i got home i made myself do SOMETHING to get back on track. I did only the step parts of Body fusion. I wanted something short and simple and it fit the criteria.
It's late here so i will catch up on what you have all been up to this weekend.
I hope everyone else has been having a better week!

Elle

Hi all, picked up some kind of nasty, nasty flu bug, and have been out sick since my last post! Feeling quite a bit better tonight; hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

WooHoo it's Friday! Another day of S&H: today legs and shoulders. I am very slowly adding a little weight to my dumb bells and barbells on these routines. Not on every exercise, but a little here, a little there--and I'm feeling those good DOMS.

Laura: GS vs S&H. I just got my second GS dvd--I now have chest and triceps and back, shoulders, and biceps. So I haven't done those yet, but I'm switching from S&H to GS next month, so I will let you know how they compare.

Anybody else have any thoughts on GS vs S&H. Since I don't have GS Legs yet, I'm thinking of substituting a B&G or Legs and Glutes. I haven't done B&G in a few months and I've yet to try L&G. I appreciate any thoughts ya'll might have on B&G vs L&G as well.

Shadowpup: Hope you are feeling better today.

Elle_P: Body fusion is a fun workout. A great way to get back into the swing of things.

Janie: I like your Meez--something new everyday. I'm not that adept to add something like that to my threads.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
~michelle

Hello,
TGIF!!!. Ok ladies, I have a new obsession. A good obsession though, one that will not cost DG a dime :) :) Somewhere on the general discussion forum someone posted a detailed chart regarding how much fat you burn when doing cardio at different max heart rate percentages. The one bit of info that really caught my eye was something I have read about before. When exercising on an empty stomach,first thing in the morning when glycogen stores are at there lowest (I think this is what the post said), you burn 85% fat. Yes 85% fat!!!! In the Body for Life program if I remember correctly the book asks you to do that also. Sooooo, I am going to do this 3-4 times weekly and only for 30-35 minutes. I am really going to clean up my eating also. I gave up sugar for lent. Holy cow, where was my head at when I said this! Last night was sooooo hard. I don't crave sweets during the day but at night, when DH is home and we are reading or watching TV those cravings kick in. I was climbing the walls last night. DH almost had to strap me down onto the coffee table! then I remembered sugar free jello!! I will be making several different flavors today. While DH did point out that it is still a sweet, he does acknowledge that the Lord knows how truly difficult this is for me and that if I can get by with only sugar free jello for seven weeks he will truly appreciate my sacrifice! What d'ya all think??

Will be doing W2 D6, Legs for the first time later today. Will preview it first.

Shoe report-comfy rockport flats. I so want to wear heels, particularly platforms but have no where to wear them to . I have some fabulous ones from a little known designer that are soooooo fab! Bought em last year when no one really was wearing these and now I see similar styles in all the magazines. I don't really buy trendy things, but when I say these I knew that I would wear these in the spring and summer alot and new i would rock them! Designer is "Pour la victoire" and the name of the shoe is "Bianca", I got em in Black and Grey suede. ( I tried to post a link but it wouldn't show :() When I wear these I feel soooo powerful and fierce!

Have a good day everyone!
Booboo

Booboo,
Oh boy, I hope you remembered that information on working out in the morning before eating correctly. During the workweek, I tend to workout first thing in the morning after taking Ripken for his walk, and before eating anything. If I don't workout first thing after the walkabout, it just doesn't get done. So, I'm liking this new piece of info. Thanks for passing it along.
~michelle

Good Afternoon,

Did Disk 12 today, legs on STS series. Whew! Mine and my husbands legs are like jello. Will be doing a treadmill workout tomorrow.

Laura, So gald you had a good time going out. We need that sometimes. Love dancing, but since we don't do anywhere to do that, I do it at home and sometimes with DVD's. So sorry to hear about the difficulties on the mountains. Are your boots fixed now?

Booboo, Happy Birthday! Did you have a great time out with your son? That was so special I bet. I think giving up surgar for Lent will give you enough time to break the habit. But, since it sounds to me that it might be a sugar addiction, I would consider not going back on it. Just a thought. I know how hard it was on me when I ate it. Doesn't do the body good.

Michelle, I need to also get out in the yard and do some work. The weather was good for that today but, did exercised legs today and they feel like rubber. I believe also that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. No doubt in my mind. American Idol; liked the 2 they picked last night out of the three.

Shoegal, Wish I could have wine and cheese. Had to give it up alcohol, and every now and then will have some low fat cheese. Sounds like your shoes are lovely.

Elle, Glad you are still alive! Yeah! Hope you get back into your groove. I know how frustrating that can be.

Have a great weekend everyone, see ya on Monday.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hi ladies,
Whew, made it through another day of exercise--today was Body Max, just the cardio and circuit portions. I was contemplating pushing ahead with S&H triceps and biceps, but that will have to wait.

While I was exercising I heard my DH banging around down in the kitchen. I'm thinking, oh boy, what is he up to now. Well, he has quite the project going: he took the bottom drawer out of the oven and cleaned everything in it and the drawer; now he is working on the oven. He also cleaned all the dog hair out from under the oven, vacuumed up all the macaroni that has gotten under there and washed the floor. What a sweetie. I'm really hungry but I don't want to stop his progress. Nor do I want to get drafted for the effort.

Janie: Are you still on the first mesocycle of STS? From what I've read on the forums, it sounds like quite a challenging series. No yard work going on here in Virginia today. It is cold again and we have a possibility of snow (yuch). Tomorrow is the 1st day of March--I don't want snow, I want warmth and sunshine. Oh well, we get what mother nature gives us.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
~michelle

Gosh those days sure can slip by you if you are not careful!So the last two days have been super busy and I didn't get my normal workouts in. Yesterday i volunteered to take the 2nd grade class to see Jack in the Beanstalk so I didn't get my pilates or cardio in. Today we were having good friends over for a whole day. I got up early and did CLEAN MAX. I did a pretty impressive cleaning job of the entire house in 3 hours. The idea was that the men and the woman were to take turns going out for some backcountry skiing and watching the kids and then have dinner together. The guys went out first and ended up taking so long that the women didn't get their turn!:mad: Next time I think we will go first!

So tomorrow I am going up to the Ski Mountain with one of the woman to do some cross-country on the groomed trails. It will be quite the workout I am sure.

So just went through my calendar and this month I ended up having 9 rest days out of 28. Hopefully next month I can narrow that down a little bit.

Hi Ladies,
I just did Body Fusion (Step only) again. It's a pretty decent cardio workout in a short amount of time. It's also a little more interesting than Basic step.

Laura: I'm hoping to narrow down my # of rest days in March as well!

Michelle: I don't even want to think about what is under my stove! How sweet is your hubby for tackling that job!

Janie: As always, thanks for the pep talk. It does help to stay in touch here. Unfortunately, with working so late the last couple of weeks i did not have time to visit here which contributed to my workout vacation. It happens i guess, so i just have to keep moving forward.

Booboo: I like your plan of maximizing fat loss with morning cardio. I had heard the same thing about burning more fat by working out first thing in the morning. My problem is getting out of bed. I'm so not a morning person.

Shadowpup: I hope you feel better soon!

Hi to everyone else and i hope you are all having a great weekend.

Elle

Hello,
After much procrastinating I did STS D6 legs. Did 30 mins on the elliptical this morning on an empty stomach.

Elle-I am right there with you. I am an absolute sloooow slug in the mornings. I would rather give birth to a porcupine on fire than getting out of bed and drag myself to a cardio machine. I am hoping eventually when I begin to see results I will be more inspired to do it.

Michelle-Your DH is a sweetheart. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy Hoffa was under my stove desiccated! I was at Barnes and Noble today and read a very scientific book about working out, full of charts, diagrams, graphs, cell drawings etc... Way more than I would ever need to know. However it did promote working out first thing in the morning so you tap more into your fat stores for energy. Can't recall the title either (thank you perimenopause!)

Shadow-are ya feeling better? I have been sending positive cosmic vibes your way :)

Laura-How wonderful to have such an awesome outdoor exercise like skiing. I have never even attempted it but have a desire to. I was supposed to go on a ski trip about 15 years ago and broke my wrist the day before the trip while rollerblading:(

Janie - since your quite far along in the STS program are you doing the 3 month rotation or did you pay for expedited shipping and start right away?

Goodnight,
Booboo

Hi everyone,

So I had the best day X-country skiing. It was so beautiful and we went for 2 hours and I burnt 1,252, calories!:eek::eek::eek: And it didn't even feel like it. I loved skiing at the resort as opposed to the woods, skiing the groomed trails really get you in that wonderful sensation of kick and glide. LOVED IT!

Booboo I am really lucky to be able to ski. It is one of the reasons I live in Colorado. I have such a hard time doing cardio machines, I get soooo bored. But I do them when time is short or the weather is bad because they really do work and keep me in condition for my sports.

ElleP hang in there and don't forget your words of wisdom to me about remembering it isn't a sprint but the overall effort over time that matters. That being said let's still try to limit those rest days this month.

Janey love your new mez

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.