lunch?

I use Lean Cuisines more often than I care to admit. I also put in yogurt, almonds, dried apricots, Fiber One bar, hard-boiled eggs.

Marcy

A lot of times I will take either leftovers from the previous night's dinner, or some tuna salad, ww crackers, and cheese. Of course there are lots of sandwich options.

I am lucky that I live 5 minutes from work, so I come home almost every day.

A turkey sandwich on a whole wheat bagel with a cheese stick and carrots.

A casserole that I make on Sunday night with brown rice, tofu, spinanch and tomatoes. I can bring that for a couple of days.

2 Boca Burgers with a cheese stick, apples and/or veggies.

I bring protein pudding, hard boiled eggs, dry roasted edamame and protein bars for snacks.

Hi,

I like packing the night before. That way if you want to put some extra time into something you won't feel rushed! You may want to invest in some soups or frozen items that you can eat for lunch or mix with something you bring from home. I like getting frozen stir fry - Contessa brand has some yummy ones. If I have left overs I take that for lunch. I know what you mean though. When you bring something and it's not satisfying or you're bored, that's when you want a brick of chocolate or something.

:)

I'm surprised this one's not listed here yet, but I sometimes make a HUGE batch of chicken tortilla-soup (very veggie/bean-heavy) and freeze individual portions. Just take out of the freezer, pop it onto a soup bowl, reheat in micro and lunch is done.

I also am one to chop up tons of veggies a couple of times a week for easy salads. Once you get into the habit it doesn't seem like that much work anymore.

Good luck!

I like wraps.
I take a sprouted grain tortilla, and fill it with home-made garbanzo dip (kind of like hummus, but I add different flavors to it, like poultry seasoning) or some other bean or tofu or tempeh dip, sliced or shredded veggies (cukes, carrots, lettuce), some avocado slices. It also works well as a way of using leftovers (wrap some leftover grains and beans in it with some veggies).

I normally have a salad with whatever lean meat I made for the dinner the night before. Along with this I pack a couple pieces of fruit and string cheese. However, I keep small stash of easy to warm up and eat lunch & snack options at my desk such as a can of Progresso soup, a StarKist Lunch to go pack, 100 calorie popcorn, & a few packets of instant oatmeal. It has served me well and they are all between 100-240 calories.

>However, I keep small
>stash of easy to warm up and eat lunch & snack options at my
>desk such as a can of Progresso soup, a StarKist Lunch to go
>pack, 100 calorie popcorn, & a few packets of instant oatmeal.
> It has served me well and they are all between 100-240
>calories.

OMG, I would just eat all day long if every time I opened my desk drawer I saw all that food just WAITING to be eaten!!! }( :7 }( :p

I make batches of different kinds of soup, put some in the fridge in single servings, then freeze the rest. I don't mind having the same soup 5 days a week, the next week I'll alternate it. Right now I'm on veggie-bean! :9

I would love to have a salad every day, but it's just so much trouble, and then it always seems to go bad before I can eat it all. I figure I get at least 3 veggie servings in my soup.

had a good lunch today. 4oz of extra lean ground turkey breast flavored with mrs. dash and minced onion. i added to this 2 cups of steamed brocholi and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. it was yummy

I take leftovers or if I don't feel like eating them soon after they are prepared I'll freeze in individual portions so I can just grab one out of the fridge. With only meat, I toss in some frozen veggies and then heat at work.

Also just made White Chili with Turkey - put individual portions in the fridge and freezer both. I just do it on the weekend when I'm cleaning up around the kitchen or house since the Crock Pot is so handy }(

Sometimes I'll get my dinner for the next day ready while I'm cooking in the kitchen the night before as others have mentioned. I just love it when I can take my time in the AM since I don't have to make my lunch.

I don't have dependent children any more though so have it easier than you do.

I am horrible about bringing a lunch!
I sometimes end up ordering out for lunch;(
But, when I do, its a 1. turkey wrap (ww), no cheese most of the time (if I do get cheese its Swiss -less sodium than the others), and I tell them to load the veggies on it! Luckily there is a great deli near by, that will allow you to order exactly what you want. 2. So sometimes, I'll get a grilled chick. wrap(ww). But, I'll have them put salsa on it, a few olives, lettuce, tomat., onions.
I bring my own fruit and water. I keep green tea at work (hot).

When I do bring a lunch, its either left overs, salad, or soup (i will by the healthy choice chicken & rice - pop it right in the microwave). It does have some salt in it, so that's when I'm in a real crunch.
:)

I love the ideas from others!!
Alicia

I am so boring. I take out my ww bread, my meat (usually cooked chicken or turkey, but I admit sometimes, OK usually, I buy luncheon meat--I buy the healthiest I can find, but I know it's not what most consider "clean") and make 5 sandwiches for the week, throw in a couple pieces of fruit per day and voila.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.