Low Impact Circuit DVD Premixes

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
We should finish the editing of all 4 workouts by the end of this week and we hope to start the authoring of the DVDs starting next week. We’re planning on having around 3 to 4 premixes for each workout and we would like your input and help in choosing and designing the Premixes. We already have several ideas of our own for the premixes, but would like to hear your input too. We’ve listed the chapter points from Low Impact Circuit below. With a premix you can change the order of the chapters points, eliminate chapter points or double up on chapter points. Please keep in mind that you can only use video and Bonus footage from the Low ImpactCircuit workout for premixes on this DVD. Please only post your suggestions for the Low Impact Circuit premixes on this thread. We will have other threads for the premixes for the other DVDs.

Please visit our Blog for a sample premix for Low Impact Circuit.

The warm up.....a good solid step warm up to get your muscles feeling good.

Circuit Cycle One:
Step Combo: A low impact step combo that is fun to do and broken down just a bit longer than the others since it came right off of the warm up. The V-step variation on and off the step is my favorite move in this combo.
Step Blast: This is an absolute heart rate raiser...and of course its ALL low impact too. I love this one. It is a core crunch repeater mixed with a leg side (abduction) repeater all done in an around the world movement pattern. Its intensely fun.
Weights:
Leg/cardio....side lunge with overhead press combo
Lateral raise
overhead press
External rotation pulls

Circuit Cycle Two:
Step Combo: Another step combo, however, with less breakdown which will keep you mentally focused. My favorite part of this combo is the walk, walk, turn as well as a fun variation of a knee hesitation move.
Step Blast: Another toughie where you will scoop high and lunge low in a movement pattern that your familiar with so you can give your all to the blast.
Weights:
Leg cardio: back lunges/bicep curls
Bicep curls with bandBicep curls without band
Straddle push ups
Lying Extentions
Kickbacks

Circuit Cycle Three:
Step Combo: Another fun combo that has minimal breakdown and keep you moving and grooving. My favorite part of this combo is the 1,2,3,turn 1,2,3, and over.
Step Blast: This may be the toughest of the three, although it is a close call. You do a sequential step knee down tap low in an around the world type pattern. You will be winded, trust me.
Weights:
Balancing squats with various leg angles to create a constant balance challenge.
Negative and positive slow push ups
Uneven push ups
Lat pull downs w/resistance band
Scapular retractions w/ band
Double Arm standing Row w/ band
Abs: An effective routine that hits the abs/core from all angles. I love the slow roll backs. They work the negative portion of the movement which really challenges the lower abs.

Stretch....ahhhh feels so good.

Premix Bonus:
I have added a 4th bonus step combo and blast cycle to be used just for the premixes.

Same suggestion as I had before: UPPER BODY ONLY, LOWER BODY ONLY, CARDIO ONLY, CORE ONLY. Then I can mix and match the premixes as I want to.

I also suggest having many premix options, not just 3-4. Whenever I buy a new DVD from you, that is usually the first thing I check out is what the premix options are. I LOVE the premixes. What a timesaver they are !

Just my 2 cents ! :7

Premix #1:
Cardio only premix containing all 4 step and blast sections

Premix #2:
Upper body 2x's premix
(Doing each upper body chapter twice in Chest, Back, Shoulder, Tricep, Bicep order - just to give it a different feel)

Premix #3:
Blast segments and legs
Warm up
Blast 1
Blast 2
Side lunge with oh press
-------
Blast 2
Blast 3
Back lunges with bicep curls
-------
Blast 3
Blast 1
Balancing squats
-------
Bonus step and blast segment
Abs
Stretch

Premix #4
Blast only add on premix (no warm up or stretch, just all 4 blasts back-to-back)

I would prefer these if possible:

All Cardio

All Upper Body

All Lower Body

Abs

Blasts

Thanks,

Erica

UPPER BODY ONLY (x1) and (x2) for each segment
LOWER BODY ONLY (x1) and (x2) for each segment
All Step cardio together
All step cardio together WITH Blasts

runathon

I love the above suggestions, but would also really like to see a Timesaver Cardio and Timesaver Weights premix. This will help when we're short on time and also help newbies to Cathe like myself have a place to start with each tape.

I'd like to see:
upper body only
lower body only
cardio only
blasts only
and I know you said 3-4 premixes but a cardio and blasts only would be great too!
Deanie:)

>Same suggestion as I had before: UPPER BODY ONLY, LOWER BODY
>ONLY, CARDIO ONLY, CORE ONLY. Then I can mix and match the
>premixes as I want to.
>
>I also suggest having many premix options, not just 3-4.
>Whenever I buy a new DVD from you, that is usually the first
>thing I check out is what the premix options are. I LOVE the
>premixes. What a timesaver they are !
>
>Just my 2 cents ! :7

...What she said. :)

Add me to the list of doing the following as premixes:

Cardio Only
Upper Body Only
Lower Body Only
Abs

If you are limited to 4 premixes only, then an alternate suggestion would be to do a "lower body and upper body together" premix instead of the abs. Abs can always be done on their own by using the 'mix and match' option if they are done all at once at the end of the workout.

:)

Hi Cathe!

I like the Cardio Only example from the blog.

Also like the Blasts only suggestion (I often use the Low Max blasts only - great as an add-on).

Since some of the leg exercises are also compound moves with upper body, I'd like a total body weight workout premix combining the upper and lower body work.

Maybe a combo and weight workout (without the blasts for a lower energy day).

Thanks for asking our input,
Melissa

>
>Premix #3:
>Blast segments and legs
>Warm up
>Blast 1
>Blast 2
>Side lunge with oh press
>-------
>Blast 2
>Blast 3
>Back lunges with bicep curls
>-------
>Blast 3
>Blast 1
>Balancing squats
>-------
>Bonus step and blast segment
>Abs
>Stretch

I LOVE this suggestion!!:7

Susan C.M.

Weights only (with warm-up and cool down...those who don't want them can chapter past)
Cardio only (including the bonus footage)
Core only

>I love the above suggestions, but would also really like to
>see a Timesaver Cardio and Timesaver Weights premix. This
>will help when we're short on time and also help newbies to
>Cathe like myself have a place to start with each tape.

I agree and would esp like just a total body. I am always looking for a total body that is under 45 minutes that doesn't use the stability ball.

Premix #1
All Step combos (no blasts)

Premix #2
All Blast & lower body weight circuit

Premix #3
All Upper Body

Premix #4
The Step combos & blasts premix used in the example premix.

I also vote for a total body timesaver, as well as a cardio only premix, but I like all the suggestions that have been posted. Thanks for asking us for our input!

Kel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.