Low Imact HiiT - 1

Trixoo

Cathlete
Hi All -

I did LIH-1 last night and I L.O.V.E. it!!!!!

This is the one where you use the yoga mat and it also uses dixie cups. Why I love it:
  • It's low impact, yet doesn't use weights (I love weights, but not with all of my cardio).
  • It doesn't use the step...again, love that it's hard low impact with no equipment.
  • It challenges me in a new way in that the pace is quite fast (so far I've done 3 of the RwH cardio and feel the same about the pace...not a bad thing, just change and it sure amps up the cardio).
  • It's fun!!!! New moves, twists on old moves...just plain fun.
  • It was challenging to use my yoga mat in this way...I kept glancing up to check to see if my mat is a bit longer than Cathe and crew's. I swear it is! :)
  • It made me sweaty. It's not quite as hard as Plyo HiiT 1 (another great workout), but it's up there!
I also love the set. I'm not one to whom music matters greatly, but the music is good as far as I can tell. In fact, I would describe it as "driving" which is exactly what's needed in the HiiT workouts.

And welcome Kate. You seem to fit right in. :)

I know not everybody will love this workout, because we're all so different, but it's kind of hard for me to imagine somebody wouldn't.

Thank you Cathe for this gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let me add that while I'm a Cathe Live subscriber and enjoy the live workouts, I really love these professionally produced workouts as well. I hope Cathe continues to produce them for a long time. And Cathe, please consider another workout like RwH LIH-1! :)

I did this one last night. It was a bit fast for me but I just went at my own pace. I loved it though. Short and sweet! My legs are very short so I will have to work on getting over the mat faster. I couldnt do the "surpees" at all. I will practice those this week.

I agree with Trixoo's comments. I would love to see more workouts like this. And I am also convinced that my mat is longer than Cathe's! I really enjoyed this one, and I also agree about the music. I do not move nearly as fast as Cathe does, but hopefully I'll get there eventually! :)

I was so afraid of tripping on my mat since I'm on carpet that I just put markers on the floor to the size of my mat. I found that very helpful for being on carpet. But loved this workout.
Oh that's a great idea firemedic! I kicked my mat at one point and had that exact same concern.

I used quarters, so if I stepped on it, I wouldn't kill myself falling. I stepped on them a few times but barley noticed and it didn't interfere with my workout at all.

I've done Low Impact Hiit 1 and Plyo Hiit 1, and have found the speed of the moves in both of them to be very fast! I thought it was just me, but I'm relieved to see that it's because Cathe and crew are using trick yoga mats LOL! But how does that explain why I can't keep up with their burpee speed?!

There were a few in low impact I could not keep up with, but I did my best. Haven't done and of the plyo ones yet. Just finished her live class from yesterday. WOW!! Now I'm thinking I'll mix my own low impact and plyo together.

I've just done the live class - I definitely be creating a mash-up of the hi / lo HiiTs. Great class! I even improved with the 1 arm burpee (well, i didn't fall....if you can call that an improvement!)

I was so afraid of tripping on my mat since I'm on carpet that I just put markers on the floor to the size of my mat. I found that very helpful for being on carpet. But loved this workout.

I had the same concern because I'm on carpet. Great idea! Thanks!!

I also think my mat is longer than Cathe's lol! The surfer move at the end was what killed me. I couldn't keep the pace with those. Something to work towards in the future.

Kristin

I agree with Trixoo's comments. I would love to see more workouts like this. And I am also convinced that my mat is longer than Cathe's! I really enjoyed this one, and I also agree about the music. I do not move nearly as fast as Cathe does, but hopefully I'll get there eventually! :)

Jodi, I figured out my mat WAS both longer and a little wider than Cathe's. I had ordered a new mat from Cathe when she said she was going to stop making/selling such items. I pulled it out and low and behold it was smaller than the one I was using!! So I blame my not being able to keep up with that :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.