Low Carbers and Friends - 3rd quarter 2015

Howdy fit babes! How are the workouts going? I've done 2 weeks of the R w/ H--XTrain rotation. I'm enjoying it but it's tough! Obviously, doing my own thing isn't as challenging! Sigh.
Work is still busy but not as crazy and my next door neighbor and 2 of her friends were arrested on my driveway Sat. morning. Felony warrants for metal thefts. We knew something was up when their metal carport just disappeared one day! :eek: I think they made bail but the house is supposed to be sold on a short sale so I hope that happens SOON!
Take care babes!

Tracy - Oh my :eek:! Hopefully they didn't take anything of yours! Glad work is not making you bonkers :D!

I'm doing RWH - this is my 2nd week and it's going well. Not sure I'll do 6 wks of it since there's not as much variety... But maybe I'll make myself do the circuits even if I have to change half the exercises :rolleyes:.....

Hey there, I'm back. Have been super busy with work and flu clinics and just tired. Haven't done as many Cathe workouts, going to the gym to get the heavier wt work. That has been going on for 2 months now and I'm starting to notice differences, especially with some muscle groups that I can't work as hard with hand wts. I'm going to keep pushing it. Going heavier has helped me to get some relief with back pain I was having at work. I'm also able to use cable wts to get different movements/angles. We are also swimming at the rec center, DH really likes that. I don't do anything really strenuous in the pool, mostly just move around and use it to relax, but it's nice to mix things up.

OK, so I'm taking the lazy route and asking when the ICE dvds are coming out. Looking forward to that. I have realized mixing the RWH leg routine opposite the gym leg work gives a great all around way to hit the legs. But I see that you all don't like doing the RWH rotation solo, neither do I. It has too much jumping/high cardio.

2 weeks to Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to 4 days off. I also heard about having a mild winter, I would love that as last year's was terrible.

Have a great week, I hope I can check in more often!

Melinda - So very happy to "see" you :D :D :D! Sounds like your workouts are doing a great job :cool:! As for the dvds, I don't know ... I just get them whenever they are in my box w/o ever checking dates :eek:.... Out here the old Pony Express doesn't always run like it should so knowing dates can be frustrating ;). We hope to see you more often, too, 'cause we miss you when you're not here :(. But sounds like you really need a break - hope you can get all rested up over the holiday!

Glad to "see" you Melinda. Looks like you are doing good.

I've been just doing what I feel like, mainly some Kathy smith short workouts. We're off to Mexico on Friday. DH ain't feeling too great this morning, but he ate bad while I was gone (in Sacramento at conference) and I have feeling more bad tummy with over tired from working in yard this weekend. Had flu shot this year, so he should be okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, Rhea, great to see YOU too :D :D :D! Hope you have a fabulous trip :cool:! How long are you going to be gone? We'll miss you :(!

I'll be gone from the 20th through the 27th. Lots of work to do between now and then. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi sweet babes! So good to see you all here! I hope you have an awesome trip Rhea!!! :D And that DH is feeling better before you go! :)

You're getting some great variety in your workouts Melinda! :D My outdoor running and stair climbing has been curtailed a bit from darkness or weather so I'm trying to stick with challenging workouts. On week 3 of the Rw/H-XTrain rotation and it's still tough! I'd be in REALLY good shape if I could do those types of workouts all the time but it just isn't in me. :p

The new series has finished filming and has been reviewed and chaptered (I believe). It will be off to the duplicator in a week or 2.

Well, I dunno about mild weather here now. We had a heck of a storm on Tuesday! I drive only 9 miles to work (I take the back roads) and coming home was a bit crazy! With the power out everywhere and cars around, I couldn't put my high beams on to see better. I saw someone coming towards me in my lane quite a ways down the street but it wasn't until I was almost on top of it that there was a tree and power line down in the other lane. Then farther in my commute, I saw the sky light up a pretty blue and said to myself, "OMG! Another transformer just blew!" I was afraid to go home! But the house was fine, just without power. Debris was everywhere and the wind just howled. I didn't want to stay home but didn't want to go out either! :eek: We left with BB though and took him for a really windy walk the next town over that hadn't lost power, then did a little shopping. Power came back on around 2 a.m. but there are still about 100k people without it north of us. 11 inches of rain this month. November is our rainiest month but this is a little much!

So far, T-Day may be sunny. That would be awesome! :) I hope you all have a relaxing, loving Thanksgiving!!!

P.S. No, the neighbors haven't stolen anything from us. DH told them we have surveillance (we don't). We've seen them back again this past week but don't interact with them or anything. Even if they do talk to us, we don't believe anything they say.

Hey, there. Tracy, I saw those storms on the news. If you see now, there's snow around Chicago and it goes over quite a bit of Michigan and the tip of Ohio. We are getting rain from it, thank goodness. That was a scary experience you had, for sure.

Lita, did you get some of that wind that went across the nation? I am bad with geography out west, so not sure how far away from the Denver area you are, it looked bad there.

Rhea, enjoy your trip and sunny weather!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, if I don't get back before then

Melinda - Yes, we had wind. Then we had cold and wind. Then we had cold, wind and snow - with more to come starting Weds :p. But nothing compared to the snow they were calling for in Denver, thank God. And another thanks to Him that our winds didn't cause the issues they did for Tracy :eek:!

Well, first day it's really been cold here. It makes me so creaky and achy, we seriously have to move to a warmer climate some day, I'm thinking in 10 years!

Saw a preview on FB with one of ICE workouts, I am looking forward to trying them out.

Hey guys - Happy Thanksgiving :D! I start vacation at noon today so I'll "see" you all on the 7th :cool:!

I like the ICE previews - really like that she has Amanda show LI moves for the bootcamp circuit. Wish she did on the bonus blast but still - any modifications she shows is fine by me and outside of that I'll make up my own :p!

Have a great 11 days while I'm gone, everyone!

Hi sweet babes! Happy Thanksgiving! Wishing you all much sun and mellow weather!

I hope you have an awesome vacation Lita! And no more wind for the rest of the winter season!

I say it every year Melinda--I want to be a snowbird! Go south for the winter and return home for the summer. :) Maybe you can do that too in 10 years!

We don't have wind here as a rule. So when we do, it often wreaks havoc and brings trees down. Fortunately, we already had some big trees taken down years ago. This may sound a little weird, but we have to pay attention to the health of the trees we have!

Tracy, that is not weird about the tree health at all. In fact, some insurances are requiring that trees that are unhealthy be taken down or they won't insure the house. We haven't had that here, but in FL my father in law did. We get a lot of ice pulling trees and branches down during the winter as well, causes major problems, especially with downing power lines.

Lita, are you going any where? If so, I hope it's warm.

we had 60 degrees for Thanksgiving, so got in a 6 mile walk.

Hi Melinda! Glad I wasn't weird about trees. :)

We got up to maybe 34 on Thanksgiving but it was sunny so I was OK with that! We got a cold snap, we're usually in the 40s or 50s. We've warmed up since but it brought the rain back too!

I've previewed all of the new DVDs now (I think). They don't look all that intermediate to me, but it's hard to tell when you only see clips. I sometimes preview new DVDs and think they're going to kill me and they turn out to be more doable than I thought.

Oh, there hasn't been any activity at the place next door and someone put up a thin rope across the driveway with a No Trespassing sign on it. I'm surprised people are respecting it really!

Hope you're enjoying your vacation Lita! How was Mexico Rhea?

See you soon fit babes!

Hi Melinda and Tracy :)! I didn't plan to go away and that's a good thing since I've spent most of my time off at the ER/ICU/ACU. Dix decided to have CHF and an MI over the holiday so I've been w/ her a lot. Believe it or not, tho, I'm glad it happened while I was on vacation rather than when I'd be trying to work AND get here when she needed me, too. Anyway, have still been working out - will do this week RWH then I think I'm going to do a week ea of LI, XT and RWH. By then maybe ICE will be here.

I'll check in w/ you guys next week sometime. It will take me a couple days to catch up at work then I'll stop by. Have a great week, all :D!

Lita, what a vacation, ugh!

We had a productive Thanksgiving weekend, got a lot done. I decided not to take time off at Christmas so that I could possibly travel to AZ to see my friend some time this spring.

Just found out my manager who started the same time I did is leaving for a new job. They asked if I wanted to interview for it. AT one time I thought I'd want to do that, but I'm not getting a good feeling about it and think I'm going to decline. I'd be stuck in the office all the time and think I would not be very happy doing that. Would like to make changes there, but not sure if it's possible to really make that happen with the current employees. I guess in one way I feel that I am stupid to turn this opportunity down, but when I think about it I feel unsettled. And, I had a nightmare last night, which I never do. I just want peace in my life if I can get it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.