Love Intensity!!!

rozy

Cathlete
I tried Intensity this morning and I love it!!! I am very step choreography challenged and I found it very easy to follow along with. The last step blast was the toughest for sure. It was about 30 mins or so step followed by some HiiT on the floor that was very challenging and then the low impact cardio. Total time was around an hour.

Note on the low impact portion - it kept the sweat coming for me and although I wasn't out of breath as much I definitely felt it. She did some puddle jumpers, windmills (remember KPC windmills), squat digs and other things I can't remember right now. I felt it was a good addition to the workout.

I would say this on par with Cardio Core Circuit as far as intensity and sweatiness :)

I also did the download addon called Intensity Bootcamp which is 15 mins long and is like a mini Drill Max. She does some functional fitness moves, firewalkers, squats, lunges, shoulder work, cardio and pushups. I am not sure how I would use this in a rotation but it may make more sense on the dvd.

I also did High Rep abs and I liked that quite a bit and I did the High Reps cooldown which was nice.

All in all I felt a good endorphin high from Intensity and definitely will be reaching for this again and again. I am not a big cardio fan and I felt this challenged me and felt it was worth my time doing it. I think intensity junkies will like this :)

I just finished Intensity as well and loved. I would describe it as... intensely intense so I guess the title for it was appropriate! I really enjoyed the different segments STEP, IMAX, High/HiiT and Low/HiiT was lower intensity which was welcome.

I think the hardest blast for me was the last IMAX blast before going to the floor for High/HiiT with 3 sets of 16 plié jacks with a break in between with 4 sprawl punch punch... definitely had to talk to myself for the last 8!

Great workout, will do it again and again.

I watched it before doing it and I didn't have any problems following all the way through!

I can't wait to do this! I only ordered the DVD's so I'm waiting....

Thanks for the reviews, it's making me even more excited!!! :D

Thanks for the feedback. I do think this workout is very "fun hard". It's upbeat, has great music, offers great variety by changing formats roughly every 9 to 11 minutes. Each segment gets harder and harder. Then by the last segment, you are so fatigued when, ta daaaa, low impact hiit comes in and saves the day. Low impact hiit provides just the right formula at this point in the workout. The challenging exercises can be done entirely low impact or you can add a lift to the moves to make it harder yet. It all depends on what you can bring to the table at that point in the workout. I'll let you decide.......you're welcome ;) :D

Last night I downloaded all the workouts (with no problems whatsoever) and previewed most of them. Then this morning I tried the first half of Intensity, and I also did STS abs and stretch as well as the Intensity final stretch. I have to say that these workouts are absolutely superb! As I was previewing, my husband peeked over at my MacBook and said, wow, look at the picture quality. And I said yes, well, it's Cathe - she's always been at the cutting-edge of technology and she always does it right. As for the workouts themselves, they're everything I was hoping for and more. They're intense but fun, with lots of new moves but enough of the familiar stuff to keep the learning curve from being too steep and also to make you feel like you're working out with old friends. Cathe's cuing is perfect. She and all the other exercisers look amazing, and I love the clothes and the color combinations. All in all, maybe Cathe's best work yet!

Lurdes

Can't WAIT

I ordered all of the DVD's and I think i'll have them on Wednesday but I'm soooo excited reading the reviews that I think I may cave and download them!! I tell you I can't even wrap my head around doing any other workouts right now...no kidding....I'm litterally sitting here just wishing that I could do Lower Body Blast or Intesity!!!

UPS please come quick!

I agree! I did Intensity on Saturday, it's a lot of fun! My HR went up on that one;) Nonstop fun and the music rocks. I loved every minute, can't wait to try the others!

I have done 2 of the workouts so far and previewed the other 2.

High Reps: I don't have Power Hour, so I can't compare, but I loved every minute of it. When I previewed it, I couldn't believe how many different exercises you do, but then when you are actually doing then it flies by. The leg moves with the slide are great, especially the warrior lunges. My body was fried by the end....and the ab work is fast and effective. Cathe moves quickly through the moves, which I love! My body is feeling it today. I loved knowing the dumbbells that Cathe used, however, I wasn't sure about the Barbell weights, I just guessed on them...I mainly used what Cathe used. Can't wait to do this one again.

Intensity: I got tired just previewing it (kidding)...it just keep going and going, you don't stop.....so I was so excited to do this one this morning. The Intense step part was fast and hard (it reminds me of the intensity of Insanity Max Cardio Circuit, but fun)...the step Imax had great intervals, they weren't long but they kept the sweat going (reminds me of the intensity of Insanity Plyo Circuit, but fun). The both Hiit parts are about 10 minutes each, when I got to the low impact Hiit, I was sort of happy and thought it was a great segue to the cool-down and stretch, however, you still get a great leg burn on those moves. The Bootcamp add on was great too...anything with firewalkers is a plus for me. And thanks, Cathe, for adding 36 push-ups in the end:eek: BTW, I did love doing Insanity, I just thought it was a bit too much at times....had the dread factor me on some days. Intensity at least has fun athletic step moves and signature Cathe moves that I love, and you're not doing them for 45 seconds each for 3 rounds like you do in Insanity.

I plan on doing the Lower Leg Blast on Tuesday...I was doing Butts & Guts on Tuesday, so this will be a great substitute. Not sure when I can fit STS total Body into my rotation, but I viewed it and it moves through so many moves as well....I imagine I'll be sweating by the end of the warm-up :confused:

THANKS, Cathe...these are brilliant!!

Intense!

I just did Intensity and it was tough! I did the first half of the step workout, both of the high and low impact workouts without the step, and the bootcamp portion. I was drippin with sweat less than half way through the workout, but I pushed myself to keep going and I added in a few 30 to 40 second breaks to get me through! I have also done sts total body and it was intense as well. To start off doing 16 reps for the different excercises was tough and I felt my muscles burn in a more intense way then they had in a while by the end of the workout. I feel that this workout is going to get me even more cut! I will soon be getting lower body blast and high reps and I can't wait to try those!

Just added this to my Christmas list! Thank you everyone for the reveiws! Looking forward to 12/25!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.