Love/Hate relationships with plank exercises

mini-natty

Cathlete
Yes, I have a love/hate relationship with all plank-related exercises; mountain climbers, plank jacks with push-ups, burpee's, spider push-ups, walking/dragging planks. LIS is filled with these exercises and although I love them for the overall strength and cardio benefit, I also dread them. Anyone else with me on this or am I a total wuss? :eek:

I'm so with you:) I know exactly what you mean, I know how good they are for me, but I totally dread them too. I'm hoping that they get easier and that I will dread them less - we shall see :eek:

I've grown to love them from doing Insanity. They are fantastic for working your core. Keep with them and as you get stronger, they'll get easier.

Beth

You are not alone! I too have a dread factor with these types of moves, but I am finding that they get easier as each week of doing them goes by which is so nice! Definitely fills me with a feeling of accomplishment. Sometimes I do the moves with my arms on my BOSU and that makes me dread them much less. Perhaps you could try putting your hands on your step and work your way down? Just a thought.

I dread them too. They hurt my wrist! only the right one though. I've had a ganglion cyst in my right wrist in the past which disappeared on its own, but I always worry that doing plank exercises and push-ups will aggravate it and bring it back, especially whenever it hurts. I'm not going to stop doing them though because I think they're super effective! :D ...plus, when Cathe tells me to do something, I do it! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.