Lost 1 inch thus far in my waist and my hips!

Denise R

Cathlete
(originally posted over at VF but thought I'd share here too!)

Here is my rotation. Please keep in mind I am used to doing 2 workouts a day (as my "day" job is sedentary and I like to burn extra calories with shorter workouts and these are all under an hour), HOWEVER, feel free to change it up if needed or if 2 a day workouts are not your thing. Again, I do the upper body weights from 4DS on Monday/Wednesday/Friday evenings BEFORE doing the cardio portions of the allotted shock workout and I do the 4DS cardio portion along with the "bonus bag" section of Shock Cardio on Saturdays. (I am not training legs on their own--I started to but decided that there is PLENTY of leg work with the nature of these workouts) Saturdays and Sundays are the only days I don't usually do 2 a day workouts---I usually just do those during the weekdays. So if you don't have a heavy bag or don't want to do 4DS or 2 a day w/outs, you could sub in any of the Shock Cardio evening workouts in the Saturday slot. Lots of ways to "fill in" to make it your own! I am loving it! I cheated and took my hip and waist measurements 2 weeks early and I lost 1 inch in each area!! I'M STOKED! As you can see I separated the HiiT workouts by 1 day and tried to keep the intensity at various levels........

Sunday: MMA Kickbox & Stretch

Monday: morning-Cardio Core Circuit
evening-4DS chest/back followed by HiiT 30/30

Tuesday: morning-MMA Fusion
evening-Athletic Step

Wednesday: morning-Circuit Blast
evening-4DS Shoulders followed by HiiT DW

Thursday: morning-MMA Boxing
evening-Step Moves

Friday: morning-Travel Fit
evening-4DS Bi's/Tri's followed by HiiT 40/20

Saturday: 4DS Legs & Core followed by the "bonus bag" workout

Enjoy!

Thanks for the breakdown of your workouts!

I wish I had a heavy bag, but I don't have the space....

I really admire you and will use these suggestions as time permits.

THANKS DENISE!

This is great! Very happy for you and your results! Wish me luck and hope i get the same results as you :D

Gloria

Congratulations, Denise, and thanks for sharing your rotation! Glad that you're getting such excellent results. Keep up the great work!

Out of curiosity - what is your total planned duration of this rotation, and how far are you into it?

Congratulations, Denise, and thanks for sharing your rotation! Glad that you're getting such excellent results. Keep up the great work!

Out of curiosity - what is your total planned duration of this rotation, and how far are you into it?

When I took my measurements above I had finished 3 weeks of a 5 week rotation. I'm in week 4 now. After I'm done with this rotation I'm doing my own version of a "Shockingly Insane" rotation mixing Insanity workouts with a few Shock Cardio workouts. Just this morning, as I was getting ready for work, my hubby and I really noticed how slim I am looking especially in my lower abs/outer hips. (I had to purchase all new workout wear since my old outfits fell off me when working out--which was NO FUN!) When I did an all Insanity rotation last year, I did the same thing and MAINTAINED all those results to this day. I think it is the "intervals" in these workouts (just like with Insanity) that really have helped my progression. Can't wait to "mix them together"!! :)

I think people should give these workouts a fair shot---they are awesome in my book! Matter of fact, I'm getting the MMA workouts for my 19 yr old daughter who is on a "get fit" kick! (no pun intended! :D)

Denise

Thanks, Denise

I appreciate you putting this up, Denise - I'm going to try it out for the next few weeks and see what happens!

Ooohhh nice mixture! I like it! Congrats on your progress! I'm currently doing the 3 1/2 month rotation with STS. I might have to try this when I'm through all that! I'm really enjoying the STS Cardio workouts! Thanks for sharing Denise!

I like your rotation and congrats on your hard work!

Thanks dixiedog6!

Today I started a new rotation---I'm calling it "Shockingly Insane" because I'm mixing a few shock cardio workouts with daily Insanity workouts. I'm doing MMA Boxing and MMA Kickboxing each twice a week and HiiT Pyramid Double Wave 1 time per week. The rest of the week in the evenings I'm doing an Insanity workout. I'm hoping to lose another inch each in my waist and hips during this 5 week rotation! :)

Denise

When I took my measurements above I had finished 3 weeks of a 5 week rotation. I'm in week 4 now. After I'm done with this rotation I'm doing my own version of a "Shockingly Insane" rotation mixing Insanity workouts with a few Shock Cardio workouts. Just this morning, as I was getting ready for work, my hubby and I really noticed how slim I am looking especially in my lower abs/outer hips. (I had to purchase all new workout wear since my old outfits fell off me when working out--which was NO FUN!) When I did an all Insanity rotation last year, I did the same thing and MAINTAINED all those results to this day. I think it is the "intervals" in these workouts (just like with Insanity) that really have helped my progression. Can't wait to "mix them together"!! :)

I think people should give these workouts a fair shot---they are awesome in my book! Matter of fact, I'm getting the MMA workouts for my 19 yr old daughter who is on a "get fit" kick! (no pun intended! :D)

Denise

Hi Denise,

Did you alter your diet in any way during your insanity workouts?

I get so hungry when I work out intensely!

You go, Girl!

Hi Denise,

Did you alter your diet in any way during your insanity workouts?

I get so hungry when I work out intensely!

You go, Girl!

Hi Amy!

I actually bumped my calories up just slightly to 1700 a day and really was aiming for just a 500 calorie deficit a day. (now if I got more than that due to activity, etc that was a bonus--but I wasn't aiming for it) I monitored my calories daily and really did about 1700 a day. I lost 4 pounds during my Shock Cardio rotation (plus the inch in the hips and inch in my waist). I think I had been undereating--I think alot of women do that in order to lose weight but I found when I ate a little more, the weight started coming off. (my body was probably screaming "yeah, I get to eat a little more") I didn't follow any "diet". I ate normal meals, even the occasional meal out or ice cream bar, etc. (I am human and I have a life ;)) I just make sure to log my calories daily into my body bugg program so I'm held accountable. So far so good on this new rotation.....Day 1 (yesterday) went wonderful! I'll keep everyone posted on the results from this one as well.

Denise

Thanks Denise, how are you doing now with your workout and results?

Hi Helene, you must have been reading my mind as I was just coming over to post my results using Shock Cardio!! I just remeasured this morning and I've lost another 1 1/4 inches from my hips!!!! WOOHOO! My waist stayed the same but I think my belly button area went down.

Today I'm starting my new rotation I'm fondly calling "I'm a Bootylicious Babe". I'm doing Butts and Guts several times a week, Pyramid UB twice a week and several short cardios. I started today and after a nice 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone, I popped in B&G and did the all floorwork/abs segment and was SCREAMING the entire time! Wow, that is hard! I plan to do this rotation for 6 weeks and hoping the inches continue to drop. I'm aiming for a nice 5 lb weight loss by the end of March. Wish me luck!

Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.