Looks like it will be a rocky 1st trimester . . .

sln

Cathlete
Hello,

If you've seen my previous posts, I'm 7 weeks pregnant. 2 previous miscarriages, 1 successful pregnancy. I've had some bleeding in the past week but my HCG levels are very high. I went in for an ultrsound today. I was convinced I had a missed miscarriage because of the bleeding and lack of pregnancy symptoms. But lo and behold, there was a baby there with a beating heart! :) That's the good news. The bad news is that the doctor said that the sac that holds the baby and the yolk thingie is not perfectly round as it should be. This COULD be a sign that the sac is collapsing, or it COULD be normal. So now I'm going to just have to wait it out, and see if things go well or poorly. The doctor said the bleeding is unexplained. Sigh. I have been on an emotional ROLLERCOASTER with this pregnancy. I just don't know what to think. Sigh. The doctor just said to take it easy, don't exercise, try not to get stressed out. Ack! - Sarah

I have been waiting to see your post all day. I know it is easy for me to say that you should try and enjoy your pregnancy and try not to focus on what may happen, but if you can you should. You deserve to have a great pregnancy(morning sickness and all) Please keep us posted!!!

Thanks, Mary

Thank you for the kind thoughts. All the ladies on here have been so sweet as I struggle with this. I was so shocked to see that beating heart, and then to hear the less-great news about the shape of that sac thingie. Jeez. I'm just going to try to enjoy the holidays with my son and husband, take my pre-natals, and just hope for the best I guess. I swear I think about it every second of the day!!! I think if this miscarries, I'm going to be pretty sad. After seeing that little beating heart, it just about BROKE my heart. So tiny and helpless in there. I wish there was something I could DO to help it along. It's so hard to just "wait and see". Sigh. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed. - Sarah

RE: Thanks, Mary

Dear Sarah

You've been in my prayers and I've waited for today too to see what your news was. I understand your obsession and feelings of helplessness with your unborn baby. My fourth child had a heart defect (after 3 totally normal children) and I was in fear for his life every day of my pregnancy. It was an extrordinarily difficult time. I will continue to pray for you and your baby.

(((hugs)))
Maggie

Oh Sarah, I am so happy you posted!! You are really on my prayer list... "Sarah and baby from the Cathe forums"... and I will keep you there.

Take care! Remember you have friends here!

Autumn

sarah

it is good to hear from you. i can only imagine how stressful this is. but i truly believe in positive thinking. think good, pregnant, healthful thoughts. and try to relax. i know that is easier said than done though. when do they re check you?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.