LIS is great during pregnancy!

mman

I've been really enjoying the LIS series since I received the set at the end of my second trimester. Prior to that, I was doing Low Max, LIC, Travel Fit and both Body Max 2 and Drill Max with modifications. The upper body work part of Body Max 2 is particularly great since it's mostly done sitting on a ball.

Now I am at 34 weeks and I've done most of the LIS discs a couple times. Here are my thoughts:
1) Turbo Barre: great pregnancy workout. I can do everything except for the crunches at the end. Lighter weights are easier to handle (since I'm carrying an additional 20 lbs at this point) and the leg work is great for my butt/hips.
2) Athletic Training: I can also do this one in its entirety, but I keep the step at 2 risers. Again, using the lower weights is easier at this point and it keeps my HR up.
3) Cardio Supersets: really great low impact aerobic workout. Getting harder now though due to my big belly. I have a much harder time with the plank work.
4) Low Impact Challenge: fun, now that I have the choreography down. I think I like low max a little better since I like the blasts spread throughout the workout.
5) After Burn: did try this once, but it's too tough for me now. Can't really do burpees at this point. Will use it to get back in shape after the delivery!
6) Slide and Glide: Also tried once, but the extra "drag" you get from using the disks was uncomfortable in my pelvis for some reason
7) Yoga relax: good for basic stretch.

Have not done total body trisets or yoga max yet.

Thanks for the great workouts!

I agree! I'm at 20 weeks and have been really enjoying all the workouts. I'm sure I'll have to back off some as I get further along but so far I've been able to do all of them including Cycle Max which I love. I think these workouts will be fantastic to do after having the baby too to bounce back. I am really enjoying this series!

Ashley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.