Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Yesterday I did Body Shop workout 1 followed by the Legs and Glues premix. I liked wo 1. She really does a good job of hitting the major muscle groups effectively in 30 minutes.

This morning I did Raw Strong & Lean. I felt like the breaks were too long in this one. She mentioned that she had tried to film a HIIT workout but her body wasn't feeling it and so she did this. I'm torn because I love all the barbell Olympic style lifting she does and the fact that her cardio is lower impact and feels different that what other stuff I have BUUUUTT I can tell its intermediate level and even after a week I can tell I need/want tougher stuff. So I'm not sure I will keep the subscription. Maybe like I do Cathe Live - Just sign up for a month here and there. But I do LOVE all the Olympic style barbell that she has in these RAW workouts! And the app is so easy to use. It even keeps your place if you need to stop a workout and then come back to it. I still have a few more to try next week including the one by her neice.

This morning I did Body Max 2 premix cardio blast (without the weights), 63 minutes, heart rate average 145, max 180,452 calories, 5,356 steps., met 6.5. I followed it with the abs from the same workout, 9 minutes, 30 calories, 36 steps. I finished off with Z Cut Power yoga, bonus abs, warrior series , and cooldown, 15 minutes, 50 calories, met 3.0, 103 steps. Total time was 87 minutes, 532 calories.

Doreen, I think that some of Kelly's workouts are pretty intense. I think she is pretty careful about safety and how long you spend doing really high impact at one time. I think that her workouts are very effective and she is in great shape which is motivating. You can increase weight on her workouts to intensify them. I would just use them and throw in another instructor once in awhile. I don't stick to one person too long as I start getting bored. Her Olympic lifting style is good. If I did it it would probably be a month or two and then maybe some one else for a month or two. I am not that fond of streaming though. I like have dvds that I do over and have the moves down so I am not wasting time. I am sure eventually I will end up with streaming as dvds will be obsolete.

Happy Easter, everyone!

I never posted my workouts yesterday :( I finally caught up on them, lol. Today I did 4DS Biceps and Triceps.

I will be back tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
Today is my rest day and we had family Easter day here.

Belinda, nice that you caught up on your workouts :)

Hi everyone,

Today I did a short walk and SBF UB on the stability ball.

Diane Sue - I am glad I caught up with all my workouts. Hate being behind. Do you have trouble logging your food into MFP? MFP got hacked on March 25, there is a link on top of the page that explains everyone. I am having a hard time logging in my food for the day.

That's it for today. I will be back tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Yesterday was my rest day. This morning I did RAW Circuit wo #1. This is a good one. 30 sec work 10 sec rest and she just keeps moving from exercise to exercise following a basic pattern of Chest, tricep, shoulders, bicep, back, lower body, lower body and repeat. Some times the next round was the same exercise but most of the time it was a slightly different move for that muscle group. IMO this is what Kelly excels at - time efficient total body weight work. She says in this one you can either go heavy for lower reps or go light and do higher reps. Mostly she does 10 reps for each exercise but that's only if you could since she is timing it and not counting. I had a few minutes after it was done so I tacked on Build & Burn's uppper body premix of 2 exercises each grouping.

Peak Fit System arrive in the mail today. Do I try it right away or hold off?? Decisions, Decisions......

Today I did Z Cut Power cardio workout #4 and warm up, 25 minutes, met 5.7, 158 calories, heart rate 114 average, max 159, 883 steps. I then did Build and Burn Cardio Core, heart rate average 134, max 169, met 6.0, 185 calories, 2052. Total time was 53 minutes, calories burned 341. I needed to get done early. My daughter and grandchildren came over and helped her with sewing a dress. She got the whole dress done today :) We had it all cut out and ready to go ahead of time. I went through my Z Cut workouts and I have done all of the disc 1 power cardio and disc 1 power strength. I checked and there are only 4 power strength workouts that I have not done and I have the other two power cardio workouts to do. I chose the cardio core from Build and Burn since the Z Cut had the sit ups in it and hit the core as most of these workouts do. I would have added abs if I had time.
Z Cut was done in 5 tabata rounds for each exercise all 5 rounds 1 exercise before you moved to the next exercise 20 on 10 off
180 degree burpees 5 rnds and 6 reps each round
jump lunge 16 reps 4 rounds 20 reps ton the 5th round
push ups 5 rounds 12 reps
sit ups 8 reps each round
sumo squat jumps 18 reps 5 rnds

Belinda, I logged my food and exercise on MFP this morning. I have finished though. I had heard that they were hacked. I was going to change my password yesterday but found I have to do it on the computer and not my tablet. At the time the computer was off for the night. I am just getting to logging and stuff since I spent the day with my daughter and grandchildren.

Doreen, that sounds like a great strength circuit. I would like that. On Z Cut a lot of the workouts are timed and she will stop for a break when she is having a hard time pushing through a move and I get more reps in than she does. I will be working away, and look up and she is sitting there breathing hard. Nice idea adding the upper premix to the workout.

This morning I did RAW - Hi/lo by Tatum Coffee. Woah! She packs a punch in the first 15 mintues of cardio - no breaks. Just every 45 second you move from a higher intensity move to a lower intensity move to catch your breath. Then the last 15 minutes is light weights and you do a similar concept - every 45 seconds you switch moves often alternating between two moves. I thought she did a good job leading the workout.

Good afternoon,

4DS High Intensity Chest & Back is done. I also did SBF LB adv. barre.

Diane Sue - I sent MFP tech an email yesterday, they already replayed. They are aware of this problem. I think it has something to do with them got hacked on March 25. Oh well!

Good job, everyone.

Today I did Z Cut Power Strength disc 2 workouts 6 and 7 with the warm up, 45 minutes, heart rate average 110 average, 147 max, met 5.0, 248 calories, 1,068 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey's Body Design light cardio sculpting and leaner lower body with the cool down, 35 minutes, 1,236 steps, heart rate average 116, max 151, met 5.0, 191 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 439 calories. I have two more Z cut strength workout to do and I will have done all of them. I still have a lot of the cardio to do though. By the time I do one of those I do not want to add another. They are tough.
Z Cut Power Strength
workout 6 time challenge 3 rounds she uses a chair for this workout
10 burpee, push ups into step ups (high step 5 risers)
30 round kicks with backward lunge 15 reps right 15 left
10 elevated planks leg lift knee tucks alternating legs (high step)
10 triceps dips w/ leg lifts 5 right then 5 left(high step)
workout 7 3 rounds
24 wood chops 10# dumbbell 12 right and 12 left
10 plank jumps into side to side push up (this was hard to get through)
30 single leg bridges 10# dbs 15 right 15 left
10 knee hug flip over burpees
Body Design 5# and 8# for the light cardio
leaner lower
15# dumbbells for squats, reverse lunge, deadlift knee buckle, walk out side to side, lunge pulses, deadlift/plié
5# ankle weights for the chair work

Belinda, I did not have a problem with MFP yesterday. I see your stuff is there today.

Peak Fit Pure strength 1 this morning. This uses the band and a set of heavy and light dumbells. I used 20# for heavy and 10# for light and it worked pretty well. This was a good workout - almost what I would consider metabolic and she keeps you moving for the entire 50 minutes. I like it for a total body workout in under an hour. If there is one more in the set out of 10 that I like I would consider my $25 well spent!

Good morning,

Supermodel Series Abs and Arms DVD with Andrea Orbeck is done. I had that dvd since it came out, why did I waited that long? I really liked it and worked up a good sweat. I also have her Supermodel Series Butt & Thights dvd. Need to pull that one out soon too. I also did SBF UB + ab workout.

Diane Sue - looks like MFP is working again. Impressive weights, girl!

Doreen - I think you like Peak, since you like high impact workouts. Good job!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Today I did 4 Day Split double cardio premix, 59 minutes, heart rate average 137, max 168, met 5.8, 378 calories, 5,227 steps. MMF and Fit Bit were exact on calories today :) I then did Z Cut Power Cardio disc 2 workout 7, bonus abs, and cooldown, 28 minutes, 168 calories, heart rate average 117, max 161, 814 steps. Total time spent was 87 minutes, calories burned 546. One think that I can say for this Z cut series is they are definitely trimming the middle already. I would not say that they are fun though. I like that they are not too long. I would probably give up if they were really long. I wish she had music in the cardio series like she does in the strength series. I went through the moves on the cardio workouts and that helped make my choice today as I was not ready for the same moves I did the last two days.
Z Cut power cardio
workout 7
3 rounds 40 sec each exercise 10 minutes total time
sumo jump squat to normal jump squat
side hops (jumps)
burpee roll over knee tuck (did this yesterday too I think)
mountain climber
plank to elbow down up move (lots of core work)
bonus abs 2 rounds
5 reps ab splitter (v sit toe touch, v sit reach through, knee tuck counts 1)
20 alternating elevated plank knee tucks (used high step) right left knee tuck counts 1
20 competition sit ups
20 side plank toe touch (10 right 10 left)

Doreen, I feel that way when I buy workout sets and things like cookbooks. If I find a couple of things that I love and will continually use I am pleased with my purchase. It totally bother's me when I have something just sitting there and I just do not want to use it. I have a Mediterranean paleo cookbook by an author whose other books I liked, that just sits there. I look through it and there is nothing that I want to make. I wasted a lot on that book. Now I get samples on Amazon if I can so I can look through the contents and get some idea of what I might be purchasing or look in the store first.

Belinda, I am sure that was a pleasant surprise that you really liked the workout. Maybe MFP just was down for a little bit trying to make some adjustments after being hacked.

Hi laides,

Workouts are done. I did SBF low impact cardio and 4DS LIS/ shoulder, calves and core.

Diane Sue - fantastic job yesterday.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Today I did Z Cut disc 3 workout 12 (last workout that I have not done in strength) 23 minutes with the warm up, heart rate average 108, max 135, met 4.1, 843 steps, 104 calories. I then did X Train Super Cuts, 48 minutes, 255 calories, heart rate average 119, max 155, 255 calories, 1,585 steps met 4.8. I finished off with a Z gym youtube stretch, 12 minutes, 26 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, calories burned 359.
Z Cut power strength workout 12 3 rounds
20 weighted overhead squats side leg lift (holding dumbbells stationary overhead) 8# dbs
40 chair hops
40 back lunges& knee ups 20 right 20 left 8,8,10# dumbbells
10 reptile push ups
I used 5's, 8's, and 10's on Super Cuts

Belinda, I guess your knees are improving? I hope so. I am liking what the Z Cut does and am thinking once I go through them I will keep adding them to other workouts for awhile. I wish I had her kettlebell workouts.

Diane Sue - I have to modify the heck out of all those workouts. I am not using a step. Everything is on the floor without impact. Getting lots of steps in. My knee is feeling better, but it's still bordering me if I overdue it. I getting an MRI tomorrow. Good job as always on your workouts. I do have her KB workouts. You can subscribe to her channel, I know she has some KB workouts on her site.

Belinda, I noticed step workouts made my knee hurt worse before surgery and even after surgery it took me quite a long time before I could really do step without paying for it afterward. I had to learn to like floor cardio. I like it way more than I used to. Good luck with the MRI tomorrow. I don't imagine you will get an immediate reading. I still have my films. I had to pick them up and take them with me to the surgeon's office who I felt barely looked at them.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Yesterday I did RAW - Just Step and then part of RAW interval #1. I love the Just Step workout but its only 22 mintues before the stretch- just too short unless I'm really pressed for time.

This morning I did strength and stamina workout #2 stopping at the stretch and then the wo #1 premix with one round and swings skipping the warmup. That clocked in at about 40 minutes and I felt like a good combo to put together.

Hi everyone,

Got an MRI done this morning. Just finished 4 DS BC/Bic and Tricpes plus SBF workout.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Today's workout started with Kelly's Meltdown work #2 with the heavy bag. I wore my combat gloves and cut up my hands a bit. (I must have been punching too hard) This was 269 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 159, met 5.8, 2,805 steps, 186 calories, met 5.8. I then did a bit of Yvette Bachman kickboxing from youtube, but it just was not what I was looking for, too much plié jacks and jumping and not kickboxing, granted I only did 12 minutes, heart rate 137 average, max 174, 949 steps, 82 calories, met 6.3. I need to preview the whole thing and decide. I just had enough of that type of stuff and wanted less impact. I then put in Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion, 26 minutes, 172 calories, heart rate average 137, max 162, met 6.0, 1,758 steps. I used a 20# kettlebell for all but the overhead moves along with 1.5# gloves. I finished with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs 13 minutes, heart rate average 114, max 140, 234 steps, met 4.1 ,60 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 500 calories. I also did Barre Amped relaxation stretch but did not turn my Fit Bit on or write it in. I am not sure if I will get a workout in this weekend. It depends on how early I get up and weather since my grandaughter's bridal shower is in the morning and my youngest, daughter in law and I along with two granddaughters will be going together. My daughter in law is picking me up at 9. They are saying sleet and possible snow tonight. Hopefully not. The ground is pretty warm and it was 71 yesterday.

Belinda, I am glad that you got the mri done. Did they say how soon they will give you the results?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.